"Black Widow" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dth1971

It's not confirmed yet, but it's looking very possible that Black Widow may not make its November 6 release date.

I hope there's a miracle Black Widow skips the November 6, 2020 release date for movie theatres and in October 2020 goes straight to Disney Plus - maybe for an unlockable price like the 2020 live action Mulan did - maybe lower than $30.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
New character descriptions for Red Guardian, Yelena, and Melina.
Natasha Romanoff
Separated from the now fractured Avengers, she faces the dark path that led her to become a spy and assassin and the events that took place afterwards. A little reluctantly, she reunites with an unlikely group of spies who are part of her past and share with her a fundamental part of her story, as well as the desire to prevent a lethal force from being triggered. However, her efforts are threatened by a deadly killer whose exceptional skill set is different from everything Natasha ever faced.

Yelena Belova
A product of the Red Room's ruthless training program, she keeps a secret history with Black Widow and is determined to solve it. When Yelena finds herself trapped in a world full of dangerous threats around every corner, her only chance of survival is perhaps through a fragile truce with the person she blames for a lifetime of torment: Natasha Romanoff.

Alexei/Red Guardian
The Red Room's response to Captain America is a super soldier and spy who lived a lifetime of triumphs during the Cold War. Alexei's years of espionage have been left behind, but he is still considered the ultimate hero. He loves to share his greatness with those around him, which these days includes the other inmates of the Russian prison where he resides. Deep down he feels guilty about his spy life, especially Natasha Romanoff, whom he met long before she became Black Widow.

Melina Vostokoff
She is a highly specialized spy agent who has gone through the Red Room training program four times. After several covert missions, one of which involved the young Natasha Romanoff, the Red Room recognized Melina's intelligence by making her one of its leading scientists. After decades of service, Melina has managed to distance herself from the Red Room, but when Natasha shows up, Melina will have to decide which side her loyalty is on.

trineomorph

I hope there's a miracle Black Widow skips the November 6, 2020 release date for movie theatres and in October 2020 goes straight to Disney Plus - maybe for an unlockable price like the 2020 live action Mulan did - maybe lower than $30.
I don't see this happening. It'll most likely be pushed back. I too would like to just have the movie on VOD, but with how soso Mulan did on the service, I have a feeling Disney wants to recoup as much money as possible so it'll probably be released in theaters next year.

Sent from my POCO F2 Pro using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
I'm getting Gamora/Neblua vibes from that description of Yelena's history with Natasha :confused:.

Red Guardian was a spy? With that costume? I guess Russia didn't respect him enough to not throw him in his prison...and I wonder if his history with Natasha dates back to before the Red Room :ack:.

What makes someone go through the Red Room more than once? The need to be reprogrammed? She seems very complicit in what the Red Room was doing, so I guess there might be a bit of a redemption story here :eek:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts