"Black Widow" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Mulan already moved but again, Mulan is only one movie. Even in terms of live action Disney remakes the next one Cruella is coming 2021 in May so that's plenty of time for Mulan to be put back out once the Coronovirus issue is dealt with. The MCU has shorter traction times about this thing so again until it's most absolute necessary pretty sure this date is going to hold.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Mulan already moved but again, Mulan is only one movie. Even in terms of live action Disney remakes the next one Cruella is coming 2021 in May so that's plenty of time for Mulan to be put back out once the Coronovirus issue is dealt with. The MCU has shorter traction times about this thing so again until it's most absolute necessary pretty sure this date is going to hold.
The Coronavirus is not going to be dealt with anytime soon. A vaccine is 12-18 months away and the U.S. response has been abominable. This is not going away, and this isn't temporary problem.

What I think it going to happen is that movie theaters are going to shut down for a year or a year and a half and production on new movies and TV shows will cease for that period. I don't think you guys quite get exactly how bad this is not only going to be for the country, but Hollywood and the rest of the world's film production. You talk about Marvel's big yearly plans. Those plans are going to have to change. By necessity. The virus doesn't operate under Kevin Feige's timetable.

There's another possibility that we have no way of knowing. But if it turns out people who get the disease are given an immunity to it, a little natural herd immunity among the recovered in the population will help immensely from the disease being further spread in a few months. But we simply don't know if people who have recovered from the disease have an immunity, or if it will mutate into something even worse down the line.

Neo Ultra Mike

The Coronavirus is not going to be dealt with anytime soon. A vaccine is 12-18 months away and the U.S. response has been abominable. This is not going away, and this isn't temporary problem.

What I think it going to happen is that movie theaters are going to shut down for a year or a year and a half and production on new movies and TV shows will cease for that period. I don't think you guys quite get exactly how bad this is not only going to be for the country, but Hollywood and the rest of the world's film production. You talk about Marvel's big yearly plans. Those plans are going to have to change. By necessity. The virus doesn't operate under Kevin Feige's timetable.

That is a fair point and it isn't something that should be taken lightly. Again though what you're talking about and suggesting though safety concious and most likely needed in some degree is the kind of incredible major shake up of the Hollywood System that would change so much of how the business is being run and the entire time table of not only Marvel but so many other studios is not something I don't think anyone is at the level of officially announcing or making a stance on. Because of how much of a loss that would overall net them and how far that would delay things. It may happen but quite honestly and as sad as it is to say I only really see the sort of delay and blockage you're talking about if the Coronovirus gets worse and infects a lot more people in the next month or so. The kinds of plan and limits you're suggest are not one studios are just going to agree to in this state especially ones like Marvel which yeah are trying to be safety concious now and obviously stop filming and make sure people are taken care of but aren't yet at the level of backing down to that major degree. We will have to see if things get that dire for them to do so but that is why they are not doing so now.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I'm certain Disney could be mulling a 24 or 48 rental on Disney+ to substitute for theater showings, something that could replicate the numbers they'd pull at the box office. Using the streaming service as a back up in this kind of situation seems like a slam dunk, more so if their data tells them the service has been adopted by the right amount of the population.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I'm certain Disney could be mulling a 24 or 48 rental on Disney+ to substitute for theater showings, something that could replicate the numbers they'd pull at the box office. Using the streaming service as a back up in this kind of situation seems like a slam dunk, more so if their data tells them the service has been adopted by the right amount of the population.
OnDemand would work too. It wouldn't have to be one or the other.

reflection01

Seems like they could do what Universal is doing with the Trolls movie and make it available at home and in theaters on May 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Neo Ultra Mike

Black Widow has officially been pushed off the release schedule and will not come out May 1st

Like I said before Disney was only going to do this when it became absolutely apparent they had no other choice in the matter. And literally with AMC and Regal theaters closing down for at least a couple of months due to the news yeah this is the time for that. I'm sure it will be put back up in theaters when the Coronovirus is no longer a major issue and honestly expect pretty much every movie from now until at least like june to be taken off as they wait for them to be properly rescheduled but yeah shows just how serious this has gotten. Because again delays in releasing a film and delays in filming cause so many other problems down the line but yeah this has proven not to be something they have any other choice but to do now and like I said when they are given no other option is when we'd see it happen. Really sucks that this year of all the female super hero movies coming out is when the global economy gets hit and so many have to be pushed back but we'll get it in theaters hopefully soon after this stops being such a major thing.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Black Widow has officially been pushed off the release schedule and will not come out May 1st

Like I said before Disney was only going to do this when it became absolutely apparent they had no other choice in the matter. And literally with AMC and Regal theaters closing down for at least a couple of months due to the news yeah this is the time for that. I'm sure it will be put back up in theaters when the Coronovirus is no longer a major issue and honestly expect pretty much every movie from now until at least like june to be taken off as they wait for them to be properly rescheduled but yeah shows just how serious this has gotten. Because again delays in releasing a film and delays in filming cause so many other problems down the line but yeah this has proven not to be something they have any other choice but to do now and like I said when they are given no other option is when we'd see it happen. Really sucks that this year of all the female super hero movies coming out is when the global economy gets hit and so many have to be pushed back but we'll get it in theaters hopefully soon after this stops being such a major thing.
I've heard from the CDC that, for at least eight weeks from now, social gatherings of 50 people or more shouldn't be made. Black Widow's original release date fell on the eighth week. With this, "SCOOB!", "The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run", "Artemis Fowl", and "Wonder Woman 1984" should be able to come out as planned. In fact, AMC could reopen in time for said films.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts