"Black Widow" Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate the movie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 1 33.3%

• **1/2

• *1/2

• Total voters

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
SAG-AFTRA sides with Johansson on the lawsuit against Disney over the streaming stuff.
After reading that, I side with Johansson too. Language is important and it never quite occurred to me how toxic Disney's response could be perceived as. Clearly I have some work to do too.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
A new deleted scene found its way online. It answers what happens when Natasha stays behind amid the Red Room debris as Ross' team arrives, what happens to Taskmaster, and fills in a bit more as to how Natasha went from that point to the time skip of her leaving in the Quinjet.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Why on earth would they delete that?
It makes more sense to have kept this deleted scene and end on the deleted scene on the home release of blonde Natasha visiting Ohio and having the moment with the girl then have 2 teasers scenes - mid-credit with Natasha getting the Quinjet and then Yelena and Contessa's teaser at the very end.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
I'm guessing Cate wanted to keep more people guessing on how Natasha escaped or maybe she didn't want to humanize Ross at all which... is weird to me as that moment of him and Nat actually talking is the first time this guy's felt like a legit character in this universe since The Incredible Hulk. Like his act made sense in Civil War and a bit in Infinity War but just more as an obstacle but him talking about all of Natasha's sacrifices and still not knowing her and even being surprised the Red Room was still a thing... gives the guy an actual bit of dimension he's been lacking. I guess maybe they also didn't want to imply that Ross had Taskmaster and instead of imply more she escaped with the other Widows but yeah deleting this scene feels off and would like more an explanation on why it was taken.

reflection01

Good point about wanting to keep Taskmastet ambiguous. Could definitely see Feige and crew taking that out to give them options going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Whether or not this is going to wind up being Scarlet Johansson's final Marvel movie, this is William Hurt's final Marvel movie... and sadly the last movie the guy worked on (The King's Daughter was filmed in 2014... yeah and people complain THIS film's been on the shelf for awhile) as he tragically passed away today.

I think it's worth bringing up here especially seeing that deleted scene is that though we could see Thaddeus Ross simply recast (I mean Hurt didn't have the acclaim and belvoed status of a Chadwick Boseman) we're not going to see this particular take on the character again in the MCU which is really sad since again said deleted scene shows that Ross had depth. And in a project that would of been more Hulk focused (it's possible he may of cameod in She Hulk but that was NOT something even hinted at before) we could have seen more of that. So yeah this will be his ending in the MCU which is even sadder considering he was the only actor from The Incredible Hulk that reprised his role from that film in other MCU projects. So hey watch that deleted scene to remember the man and remember even if just given a small chance he could show what would be considered such a stock cooki cutter role could have some earnesty to it.

Frontier

Staff member
Whether or not this is going to wind up being Scarlet Johansson's final Marvel movie, this is William Hurt's final Marvel movie... and sadly the last movie the guy worked on (The King's Daughter was filmed in 2014... yeah and people complain THIS film's been on the shelf for awhile) as he tragically passed away today.

I think it's worth bringing up here especially seeing that deleted scene is that though we could see Thaddeus Ross simply recast (I mean Hurt didn't have the acclaim and belvoed status of a Chadwick Boseman) we're not going to see this particular take on the character again in the MCU which is really sad since again said deleted scene shows that Ross had depth. And in a project that would of been more Hulk focused (it's possible he may of cameod in She Hulk but that was NOT something even hinted at before) we could have seen more of that. So yeah this will be his ending in the MCU which is even sadder considering he was the only actor from The Incredible Hulk that reprised his role from that film in other MCU projects. So hey watch that deleted scene to remember the man and remember even if just given a small chance he could show what would be considered such a stock cooki cutter role could have some earnesty to it.
RIP William Hurt.

I kind of wish they'd kept the deleted scene of the ending with Ross because it probably would've been a better sendoff for the character.

It's too bad we'll never get to see him interact with Ruffalo now.

(Will the MCU Thunderbolts be named after him posthumously?).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts