"Black Panther: Wakanda Forever" Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
It feel like it's about the same focus/set up Sam Wilson got in the Cap 2 trailers.
Yeah, but Falcon is an actual Captain America character :p.
And not Aztec. Mayan.
Thanks for the clarification :).
Interesting seeing the parallel yet contrasting theme emerging: Talocan/Wakanda both being these hidden cities in plain sight, Namor/Black Panther both with tragic histories and becoming a great leader, Shuri/Riri both being technological geniuses but way different upbringings.
If only he could've met T'Challa :(.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Yeah, but Falcon is an actual Captain America character :p.
Oh, you mean, Riri's inclusion still feels out of the blue? I'm taking that as she's in a way part of T'Challa's legacy. He set up the first Wakandan International Outreach Centre in Oakland at the end of BP1, and I would guess more were built and Riri was one of the success stories, the centre put her life on a trajectory she otherwise may not have found prior.

If only he could've met T'Challa :(.
Or did he? ;)

Frontier

Staff member
Oh, you mean, Riri's inclusion still feels out of the blue? I'm taking that as she's in a way part of T'Challa's legacy. He set up the first Wakandan International Outreach Centre in Oakland at the end of BP1, and I would guess more were built and Riri was one of the success stories, the centre put her life on a trajectory she otherwise may not have found prior.
I wonder if they're going to bring up Tony/Iron Man at all or save that for her show.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Noticed some have pointed out that's Lake Bell at the 46 sec. mark opening fire on the research vessel as some government agent (btw what government will be dumb enough to attack Wakanda hmm...).

Also, M'Baku's story about Namor mentions his people call him K'uk'ulkan, the feather serpent god. Wonder if that's another parallel with Bast and Black Panther and/or will tread the avatar stuff from Moon Knight? And K'uk'ulkan was a sky god that appeared in the comics, first mentioned in the Namora #1 comic in 1948.

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
Also, M'Baku's story about Namor mentions his people call him K'uk'ulkan, the feather serpent god. Wonder if that's another parallel with Bast and Black Panther and/or will tread the avatar stuff from Moon Knight? And K'uk'ulkan was a sky god that appeared in the comics, first mentioned in the Namora #1 comic in 1948.
Just as long as Namor stays away from grade-school aged Japanese wizards. :p

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Especially since her actress Dominique Thorne is already in her mid 20s which yeah is a problem with doing a Young Avengers team; in comics you can just have characters like that stay at such a youthful age but you quickly age out of that when working on movies and shows thus why thinking about it they really should be getting around to making a film or porject on the young avengers quicker then they have been but eh that's going on a whole other rant. More on topic I do think Thorne can pull off 19 well as 15 would have been pushing it too much.

the greenman

Especially since her actress Dominique Thorne is already in her mid 20s which yeah is a problem with doing a Young Avengers team; in comics you can just have characters like that stay at such a youthful age but you quickly age out of that when working on movies and shows thus why thinking about it they really should be getting around to making a film or porject on the young avengers quicker then they have been but eh that's going on a whole other rant. More on topic I do think Thorne can pull off 19 well as 15 would have been pushing it too much.
They're having the same issue with Holland as Spider-man. They aged him up real quick; in accordance with the usual Sony Spider-man films.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
They're having the same issue with Holland as Spider-man. They aged him up real quick; in accordance with the usual Sony Spider-man films.

Well the thing is that not much timed passed between the Spider Man movies at least for Peter who due to being one of the ones who blipped technically wasn't suppose to age an additional 5 years so really should have only aged like 2-3 between Civil War and No Way Home. Speaking of that....

She was 16 in the first BP movie which was set in 2016 so she should be 24 or 25 in this one.

the thing is that I believe Shuri also blipped so she's only supposed to be what 20 now.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
the thing is that I believe Shuri also blipped so she's only supposed to be what 20 now.
lol, you got me just as I realized that. I wonder if they're gonna play off that. Like they get in some argument about taking orders from whom, Riri points out they're basically the same age but Shuri points out she's really 24 if she wasn't blipped.

Frontier

Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts