"Black Panther: Wakanda Forever" Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
Rumors resurface: Namor, cousin Namora, and warlord Attuma rumored to appear, Namor's role will be similar to Black Panther's in Civil War, Doctor Doom will be introduced but his presence will be a minor one, Namor and Namora will not be played by white actors, Atlanteans won't be blue, and Attuma has a significant role.
I feel like the Atlanteans being blue would distinguish them and make them look more otherworldy, but if they want them to stand-in for a real world ethnicity...

So if Namor's more of antagonistic force, where does that lead the main villain :confused:?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I feel like the Atlanteans being blue would distinguish them and make them look more otherworldy, but if they want them to stand-in for a real world ethnicity...
And I think perhaps because the Avatar sequel is coming out around the same time. Because supposedly the production delay won't change the release date for this movie. So maybe they wanted to differentiate from blue for that reason, too.

the greenman

Rumors resurface: Namor, cousin Namora, and warlord Attuma rumored to appear, Namor's role will be similar to Black Panther's in Civil War, Doctor Doom will be introduced but his presence will be a minor one, Namor and Namora will not be played by white actors, Atlanteans won't be blue, and Attuma has a significant role.

I can see Namora being similar to Shuri. Show stealer. I really see no real reason for Doom in this. Maybe he had a relationship with Wakanda? Who knows. Atlanteans Blue? Attuma was though.

So if Namor's more of antagonistic force, where does that lead the main villain :confused:?

Namor is a complicated man. Risk his neck for his brother man. Oh sorry, that's somebody else.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I really see no real reason for Doom in this. Maybe he had a relationship with Wakanda? Who knows.
I think we've speculated before here or another thread, that Doom's minor debut is get the wheels going on him being a master manipulator behind the scenes, for now, and he might have set up Wakanda and Atlantis against each other to solve some objective in whatever his big plan is that we'll see culminate in Phase 5 or 6 in theory. Perhaps his appearance will just be in an end tag like TWS with Baron von Strucker (but obviously Doom won't suffer a sucker end like he did).

Frontier

Staff member
I think we've speculated before here or another thread, that Doom's minor debut is get the wheels going on him being a master manipulator behind the scenes, for now, and he might have set up Wakanda and Atlantis against each other to solve some objective in whatever his big plan is that we'll see culminate in Phase 5 or 6 in theory. Perhaps his appearance will just be in an end tag like TWS with Baron von Strucker (but obviously Doom won't suffer a sucker end like he did).
I wouldn't be surprised if he's only obliquely addressed or we just see his suit in Latveria at the very end :evil:.

the greenman

There are so many things I can say about this...but I'll just wish those who tested positive a safe isolation and recovery.
Same thing happened at my job recently. At least 5 people are down cause of this variant. Crazy. Hope everyone out there is getting well.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Man, animation Twitter has stooped on the new low where they bullied a girl to a suicide for liking a character they don't.

May she rest in peace.
Hello there Just looking for someone to talk about The N with

I wonder if Nickelodeon would later have rights to air Sonic the Hedgehog?

FOP marathon on NickPluto.. it's not off yet though.

Featured Posts