"Black Panther" Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
New information from the set visit:

- We will see some of T'Challa's life before Civil War.

- There will be some who believe T'Challa should just be Black Panther, and pass on the kingship to someone else, while others believe he should pass on the mantle of Black Panther and focus on being King. This will be one of the driving internal conflicts for T'Challa in the movie.

- There will not be any overt humor, but there will still be plenty of laughs and feel-good moments, akin to the Captain America movies.

- Shuri is smarter then Tony Stark.

- The heart-shaped herb and the Panther God will have a role in the film.

- M'Baku reigns over Gorilla City (Gorilla Grodd is not amused :p.

- There will be several different kinds of Vibranium and it's uses expanded on in the film.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
- Shuri is smarter then Tony Stark.

- M'Baku reigns over Gorilla City (Gorilla Grodd is not amused :p.

I now want Tony and Shuri to interact in Infinity War.

Good to know they won't be avoiding some of the more mystical aspects.

Man, I was just about to make a Grodd joke!

Lots of interesting info.

Frontier

Staff member

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I find it curious that she said it's "not the strongest" metal, given I believe in the comics Adamantium is supposed to be stronger (if not as versatile).
Yeah, something like that. The only other super strong metal in the MCU that comes to mind is Uru.

Greg91

Reporter
New information from the set visit:

- We will see some of T'Challa's life before Civil War.
Nice! I’m guessing that’s where we’ll see T’Chaka and N’Jobu.
- There will be some who believe T'Challa should just be Black Panther, and pass on the kingship to someone else, while others believe he should pass on the mantle of Black Panther and focus on being King. This will be one of the driving internal conflicts for T'Challa in the movie.
Interesting…
- There will not be any overt humor, but there will still be plenty of laughs and feel-good moments, akin to the Captain America movies.
This is exactly what I was hoping for, especially for the people who say MCU movies are too comedic. It looks like Black Panther will address that as a serious action movie with some levity. I hope to see more MCU movies with the "Captain America movie tone".

- There will be several different kinds of Vibranium and it's uses expanded on in the film.
It’s great to hear that so many elements of the comics are being included. Even if it’s not in this movie, I hope vibranium weapons are a thing like the vibranium daggers in The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes.

Early reactions of Black Panther have been absolutely fantastic. It makes me think Black Panther will be a dream fully realized for hardcore fans a la Wonder Woman, Deadpool, and the Avengers.

For general viewers or Marvel fans who aren’t big Panther fans, it sounds like the film will be very well-crafted and entertaining to watch. I still have to check out the red carpet livestream.

A few years ago, when I talked about Black Panther, most people didn’t know about him. Now, the world is celebrating this character. Seriously, no one wake me from this dream. It’s too beautiful.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm not surprised at the glowing critical reception given what we've seen in promotions or heard from interviews with the high-class cast and crew, but altogether it's still great to see :D.

People also seem to be responding well to Killmonger, which is something I was worried about, so that's good :).

dmxx116

Zack Snyder's cult fans got nothing better to do but go on RT highjack that site to gives Black Panther bad reviews.

the greenman

Right now I really am thinking sequels. What would make a good sequel? Or even to go into trilogy? Most obviously, to explore Storm maybe marrying T'Challa.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
Right now I really am thinking sequels. What would make a good sequel? Or even to go into trilogy? Most obviously, to explore Storm maybe marrying T'Challa.

Assuming they can even use Storm by that point. For now it seems like, barring a drastic character shift, Nakia will be the main love interest.

I'm more curious about what villains they could use given we've already gone through Killmonger and Klaw. Achebe? White Wolf? M'Baku as a full-on villain?

the greenman

Assuming they can even use Storm by that point. For now it seems like, barring a drastic character shift, Nakia will be the main love interest.

I'm more curious about what villains they could use given we've already gone through Killmonger and Klaw. Achebe? White Wolf? M'Baku as a full-on villain?
Some truth to that. However, there is no PHASE yet or "slate" that suggests BP2 is on the fast track. By the time this FOX Merger clears up in like 2020 or so, they may be able to push her in.

On villains, Moses Magnum might be cool. A similar power set to Klaw though. However, they can make devastatingly dangerous.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Runtime is 134 minutes. Also, now is the time to beware about clicking on articles as spoilers about the movie and the 2 post-credit scenes should start circulating online if you're averse to that sort of thing.

reflection01

BP is getting enough acclaim and money to justify greenlighting a sequel as soon as possible.

I haven’t seen any spoilers but my impression was they were using Kilmonger to save Klaw for a sequel or the third film.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
I wonder if they're using Andy Serkis because they signed him on to do the motion capture for Hulk until they decided to just use Ruffalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts