"Black Panther" Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,572 46
Sherman Oaks CA
New information from the set visit:

- We will see some of T'Challa's life before Civil War.

- There will be some who believe T'Challa should just be Black Panther, and pass on the kingship to someone else, while others believe he should pass on the mantle of Black Panther and focus on being King. This will be one of the driving internal conflicts for T'Challa in the movie.

- There will not be any overt humor, but there will still be plenty of laughs and feel-good moments, akin to the Captain America movies.

- Shuri is smarter then Tony Stark.

- The heart-shaped herb and the Panther God will have a role in the film.

- M'Baku reigns over Gorilla City (Gorilla Grodd is not amused :p.

- There will be several different kinds of Vibranium and it's uses expanded on in the film.

Gold Guy

Ride On
Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
Ratings
2,772 6
New York City
- Shuri is smarter then Tony Stark.

- M'Baku reigns over Gorilla City (Gorilla Grodd is not amused :p.
I now want Tony and Shuri to interact in Infinity War.

Good to know they won't be avoiding some of the more mystical aspects.

Man, I was just about to make a Grodd joke!

Lots of interesting info.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,572 46
Sherman Oaks CA

Greg91

Reporter
Dec 30, 2013
Ratings
1,768 5
Canada
New information from the set visit:

- We will see some of T'Challa's life before Civil War.
Nice! I’m guessing that’s where we’ll see T’Chaka and N’Jobu.
- There will be some who believe T'Challa should just be Black Panther, and pass on the kingship to someone else, while others believe he should pass on the mantle of Black Panther and focus on being King. This will be one of the driving internal conflicts for T'Challa in the movie.
Interesting…
- There will not be any overt humor, but there will still be plenty of laughs and feel-good moments, akin to the Captain America movies.
This is exactly what I was hoping for, especially for the people who say MCU movies are too comedic. It looks like Black Panther will address that as a serious action movie with some levity. I hope to see more MCU movies with the "Captain America movie tone".

- There will be several different kinds of Vibranium and it's uses expanded on in the film.
It’s great to hear that so many elements of the comics are being included. Even if it’s not in this movie, I hope vibranium weapons are a thing like the vibranium daggers in The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes.

Early reactions of Black Panther have been absolutely fantastic. It makes me think Black Panther will be a dream fully realized for hardcore fans a la Wonder Woman, Deadpool, and the Avengers.

For general viewers or Marvel fans who aren’t big Panther fans, it sounds like the film will be very well-crafted and entertaining to watch. I still have to check out the red carpet livestream.

A few years ago, when I talked about Black Panther, most people didn’t know about him. Now, the world is celebrating this character. Seriously, no one wake me from this dream. It’s too beautiful.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,572 46
Sherman Oaks CA
I'm not surprised at the glowing critical reception given what we've seen in promotions or heard from interviews with the high-class cast and crew, but altogether it's still great to see :D.

People also seem to be responding well to Killmonger, which is something I was worried about, so that's good :).

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,572 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Right now I really am thinking sequels. What would make a good sequel? Or even to go into trilogy? Most obviously, to explore Storm maybe marrying T'Challa.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk
Assuming they can even use Storm by that point. For now it seems like, barring a drastic character shift, Nakia will be the main love interest.

I'm more curious about what villains they could use given we've already gone through Killmonger and Klaw. Achebe? White Wolf? M'Baku as a full-on villain?

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
Ratings
2,985 5 1
the point of no return
Assuming they can even use Storm by that point. For now it seems like, barring a drastic character shift, Nakia will be the main love interest.

I'm more curious about what villains they could use given we've already gone through Killmonger and Klaw. Achebe? White Wolf? M'Baku as a full-on villain?
Some truth to that. However, there is no PHASE yet or "slate" that suggests BP2 is on the fast track. By the time this FOX Merger clears up in like 2020 or so, they may be able to push her in.

On villains, Moses Magnum might be cool. A similar power set to Klaw though. However, they can make devastatingly dangerous.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

reflection01

Jul 16, 2005
Ratings
BP is getting enough acclaim and money to justify greenlighting a sequel as soon as possible.

I haven’t seen any spoilers but my impression was they were using Kilmonger to save Klaw for a sequel or the third film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

I'm rewatching Justice League and I'm sort of weird ed out how old Superman looked in the earlier seasons
Yeah... I just watched the end of Peepoodo... And I wish I hadn't. If I'm considered a wuss for liking Milo Murphy's Law. Big City Greens, Summer Camp Island, Clarence, Craig of the Creek, Hilda, Harvey Beaks, Harvey Street Kids and even The Loud House - not to mention LPS (2012, 2018) SO MUCH MORE because at least those shows have some constraint to not be this gross - then I could care less what you think of me.
Yeah I'm probably not coming back
I was just about to say "Where's Gridman?" on that Crunchyroll streaming thread.
DISH had recent upgrades on the 61.5 orbital slot this early morning. My signal strengths got increased and transponders were moved to another.

How Cartoon Network and TBS moved to other transponders. :P