"Black Panther" Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
May 18, 2006
Ratings
974 1
East Northport
Since we're getting the first Infinity War official trailer tomorrow just thought of something about this movie:

I think the ending credits are going to reveal the last Infinity Stone (the Soul Stone) is in Wakanda and that is the first place that Thanos is going to hit when he goes to earth. Again could be wrong but seems like that's what would make sense to get T'Challa and the people in his movie's world involved in that movie. So just wanted to point that out before that Infinity War teaser happens.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,582 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Since we're getting the first Infinity War official trailer tomorrow just thought of something about this movie:

I think the ending credits are going to reveal the last Infinity Stone (the Soul Stone) is in Wakanda and that is the first place that Thanos is going to hit when he goes to earth. Again could be wrong but seems like that's what would make sense to get T'Challa and the people in his movie's world involved in that movie. So just wanted to point that out before that Infinity War teaser happens.
I think there was actually an Infinity War Lego set that
confirms the Soul Stone is in Wakanda.

EDIT 12/11: International Trailer with some new scenes:

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
Ratings
2,990 5 1
the point of no return

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,582 46
Sherman Oaks CA
New bios released. Nakia, Killmonger, and Ross have the most new info (and intriguing imo).
The most intriguing bits I see are:

- Nakia being T'Challa's ex.

- Killmonger's Special Ops experience and inexplicable knowledge of Wakanda.

- The tease to M'Baku being a reluctant ally/potential enemy.

- Ross and T'Challa's stories converege through Klaw
Everybody dressed to the nines ;).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,316 19
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
The most intriguing bits I see are:

- Nakia being T'Challa's ex.

- Killmonger's Special Ops experience and inexplicable knowledge of Wakanda.

- The tease to M'Baku being a reluctant ally/potential enemy.

- Ross and T'Challa's stories converege through Klaw
I was also curious what Nakia's spy mission was and Ross isn't with the JTTF now. I suppose for the latter, the debacle with Zemo and Winter Soldier probably didn't do him any good with his superiors.

For some reason, I remember hearing something about and flashback to possibly the 90's in Oakland, CA. Am I wrong on that?
Yeah, at least a rumor of it.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,582 46
Sherman Oaks CA
I was also curious what Nakia's spy mission was and Ross isn't with the JTTF now. I suppose for the latter, the debacle with Zemo and Winter Soldier probably didn't do him any good with his superiors.
And there's still the question of what happened to Sharon...

Yeah, at least a rumor of it.
Yeah, I think there've been theories ranging from it covering Killmonger's origin to T'Challa's education abroad :).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,316 19
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,582 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Going by the trailer, it seems definite that Killmonger wins the Warriors Fall fight and title of king but then "The Black Panther has returned" happens and we get that scene of him walking on the plains, leading to the climactic fight between T'Challa, the Doras, and Killmonger.

The only thing that doesn't track is that it seems like T'Challa and Killmonger have their final fight at night and in the middle of Wakanda, so I guess they don't settle things then...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,316 19
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
^^^Yeah, I guess T'Challa bests him but that's not enough for Killmonger and he steals a suit then attacks him later into the night.

Killmonger's words about wanting it all made me wonder if he's T'Chaka's illegitimate son - a bit older than T'Challa - and thus, can have a legitimate claim for the throne.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,582 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Killmonger's words about wanting it all made me wonder if he's T'Chaka's illegitimate son - a bit older than T'Challa - and thus, can have a legitimate claim for the throne.
I am kind of curious why he feels he has a claim/obsession to the throne in this continuity, though while he might not be T'Chaka's illegitimate son his father in this continuity might be connected to the Royal Family before his exile to the States (if that part of Killmonger's backstory is still intact).

reflection01

Jul 16, 2005
Ratings
^^^Yeah, I guess T'Challa bests him but that's not enough for Killmonger and he steals a suit then attacks him later into the night.

Ugh. Hearkens to the back end of Luke Cage Season 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

SweetShop209 wrote on PinkiePie97's profile.
Hey there. I want to ask something. For "Streamtopia", since preschool shows aren't talked about online that much, I'm thinking of creating 2 cumulative threads for Netflix and Amazon's preschool shows so that any news can just be posted there instead of individual threads. May I have permission to post them?
Happy 20th birthday to PPG. Even in the good times and the bad times, you're still a show worth watching.
Holy smokes! Churned out 15 freaking pages of the latest Gilda and Meek today! I am in the freaking zone and so happy with how things are going in the final issue I will be posting on Toon Zone.
Asa
Happy 90th birthday to Mickey, 20th birthday to PPG, and 30th birthday to LBT & O&C.
Happy 20th Birthday to the one, the only... THE POWERPUFF GIRLS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCA1cifF4fY