"Black Lightning" News & Discussion Thread

Latest News & Videos

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Greg Berlanti is teaming with The Game and Being Mary Jane creators Mara Brock Akil and Salim Akil to develop a Black Lightning TV show.

Black Lightning centers on Jefferson Pierce. He made his choice: he hung up the suit and his secret identity years ago, but with a daughter hell-bent on justice and a star student being recruited by a local gang, he’ll be pulled back into the fight as the wanted vigilante and DC legend — Black Lightning.
Season premiere on January 16, 2018 at 9 pm ET/PT

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Greg91

Troy Troodon

Jan 16, 2014
Okay, this could be interesting, especially since the title character's daughter actually is already LGBT in the comics. :)

Unless of course they alter her character too, but I sincerely doubt that would be the case.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I wonder how this could tie-in to the Arrowverse, given Berlanti's involvement, which might also be effected by what channel it ends up on (CW is probably a no-go at this point given it's chock-full of DC shows)...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
I wonder how this could tie-in to the Arrowverse, given Berlanti's involvement, which might also be effected by what channel it ends up on (CW is probably a no-go at this point given it's chock-full of DC shows)...
Hmm, well if they can't put it in the same universe, there's always one of the other ones like with Supergirl.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Hmm, well if they can't put it in the same universe, there's always one of the other ones like with Supergirl.
Yeah, Supergirl doesn't have as developed a Metahuman or Superhero community as Earth-1 does, so it might be easier to fit in a Jefferson Pierce who's a retired Superhero then it would be in Earth-1 :).

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
If metas are new, how is one retired?
That's part of why I'm assuming it could be set on Supergirl's Earth, or a completely different Earth, where it might be more believable for an older, super-powered, vigilante to have gotten their powers, had a long career, and quietly retire then it would be on the Arrowverse' Earth One.

An Earth where The Arrow was the first major public vigilante and Metahumans didn't exist until the Particle Accelerator explosion.

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Lackawanna, NY
Well, CBS is supposedly still looking for a super-hero show that will work on that network. A more serious and dramatic one might fit the bill.

Reactions: Frontier

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
At this point in time, an older superhero (though he can easily be mid 30s if they wanted) that's a parent would be kind of viewed as an original take. He's a character I don't mind seeing pitched.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

reflection01

Jul 16, 2005
I can't see CBS interested in a Black Lightning show for a variety of reasons. Supergirl was a pretty safe property for them and they weren't happy enough with it.

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
the point of no return
I'm kinda torn on this. As much as I'd be interested in seeing it, I have to wonder what happened to 'Static'? I mean that would lend itself to television far more than BL, and has a proven fanbase.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Frontier

Road to Gotham

Sep 5, 2003
Since the CW has retired Beauty and the Beast, maybe Black Lightning could take over that slot as
a summer series.

Road to Gotham

Sep 5, 2003
Beauty and the Beast starred Kristin Kreuk(Smallville) and Jay Ryan.
It was on the CW for 4 seasons, the last 2 seasons during the summer.

Of course, you may be kidding me. ;)

Maybe Perlman could play BL arch foe, Tobias Whale.

Reactions: Greg91

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

I can't believe Russell fricking died.
My tv provider has come to an agreement with Disney.
All channels of Disney (including FOX)
Are going to stay next month.
:)
remember when toon disney aired live action outside of jetix
Rupavahini is airing SeaQuest yet with a local theme song despite the series airing with Sinhala subtitles.
It has been officially 10 years since Transformers Animated ended....man, do I feel old.