"Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
I can Mark Hamill just had to do a voice dub.

I'm not interested in this for three reasons.

1. Harley Quinn is barely a superhero and me personally can not sstand her.
2. Birds of Prey without Babs is not the team without any connection to the bat family.
3. Black Cannary does not work in a universe without Green Arrow. I mean there were some interested solo stories with her about 15 years ago but writers aalways end up either pairing them together or letting her gst swept under thethe rug and killed like in arrow.

But hey at least Justice League Unlimited proves Huntress can work without a connection to Bruce and Selena.
I'm also sure there are plenty of Cassandra Cain fans that are happy she's showing up in something although she may just end up as a damsel in distress.

Last edited:

Otaku-sempai

Slightly off-topic:

Anyone else remember that Birds of Prey series that was on The WB for a hot minute? That was awful. Mia Sara was the worst Harley Quinn ever.

Can't believe they got Mark Hamill for that.
That show can still be seen at the CW Seed app,

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
That bothered me too :(.
2. Birds of Prey without Babs is not the team without any connection to the bat family.
Agreed, although I guess, again, Cass technically counts :p.
3. Black Cannary does not work in a universe without Green Arrow. I mean there were some interested solo stories with her about 15 years ago but writers aalways end up either pairing them together or letting her gst swept under thethe rug and killed like in arrow.
I wouldn't say that's necesarilly true, particularly when it comes Dinah in Birds of Prey, where her relationship with Green Arrow was only seldom referenced.
But hey at least Justice League Unlimited proves Huntress can work without a connection to Bruce and Selena.
As well as Post-Crisis continuity :).
I'm also sure there are plenty of Cassandra Cain fans that are happy she's showing up in something although she may just end up as a damsel in distress.
If they adapt Cass accurately, then she should in no way be a damsel in distress.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Rumored brief synopsis for the movie. I think some of this stuff came up before.
So Renee Montoya is a superhero? lol.

The Wrap seems to confirm Black Mask will be the villain.
Like most of us speculated. I wonder if this takes a cue from the Suicide Squad movie. At one time, Joker and Harley were taking over the underworld themselves. So if there is a schism between the two, Harley taking out Black Mask is street cred she needs if she wants to carve out her own turf. And I'd guess she manipulates the others into a team up, preying on their own reasons for taking on Black Mask.

the greenman

Honestly with all the feminist power going on, this character stinks. To me it's a shameful caricature. Not a role model figure at all. Wouldn't want my fictional daughter looking up to her.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Otaku-sempai

Felicia Hardy sounds like an African American name anyway.
I'm sure that would come as a surprise to Felicia Day.

t_500x300.jpg

Frontier

Staff member
It's reported Lady Gaga was offered a role in the movie, but she refused.
That's so random :p.
It's reported they're interested in casting a bi-racial actress for Black Canary.
I'm kind of surprised they're aiming for a mixed-race casting for Dinah instead of Huntress, given the latter actually had a race-change after the New 52 reboot :confused:.

I'd hate to think it's because she's got "black" in her codename...
Figured that. Same with Black Cat. Honestly, Felicia Hardy sounds like an African American name anyway.

Personally, when I hear "Felicia Hardy" I think "Cat Lady" ;).
And I still find it a ridiculous opinion. But that's just my opinion, so take it as such. (Smilies aren't working?)
You have to type them out now :sweat:.

the greenman

That's so random :p.

I'm kind of surprised they're aiming for a mixed-race casting for Dinah instead of Huntress, given the latter actually had a race-change after the New 52 reboot :confused:.

I'd hate to think it's because she's got "black" in her codename....

Don't doubt that. Consider Black Panther.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Odd development, usually other movies opened a role to all races instead of narrowing to biracial. My first thought was maybe changing origins and they're looking for half-Asian, half-white to connect BC to Cassandra (and Shiva)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.

Featured Posts