"Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the greenman

Part of the aspect of Canary imho was being Blonde. Ya know, like Canary yellow.

Is it me or has Mary Elizabeth Winstead not aged too well? Also what happened to Daddario?

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Black Canary and Huntress have certainly accumulated the most rumored actresses among the cast.

HUNTRESS
  1. Alexandra Daddario
  2. Lady Gaga - declined
  3. Francesca Ruscio
  4. Mary Elizabeth Winstead
  5. Margaret Qualley
  6. Sofia Boutella
  7. Cristin Milioti
BLACK CANARY
  1. Lea Seydoux
  2. Jodie Comer
  3. Blake Lively
  4. Vanessa Kirby
  5. Lady Gaga - declined
  6. Gugu Mbatha-Raw
  7. Jurnee Smolett-Bell
  8. Janelle Monae
RENEE MONTOYA
  1. Jeanine Serralles
  2. Justina Machado
  3. Roberta Colindrez

CASSANDRA CAIN

Peyton Elizabeth Lee

Also what happened to Daddario?
Producing a movie instead?

Last edited:

the greenman

If Umu Thurman is allowed to make a corny pun joke at the end of it, I'm all good.

Oh, and those of you who don't know what I'm talking about need to ketchup on their movie references.
Speaking of a good Black Canary for this DCEU with an elder Batman; Uma might work. Not gonna happen, but would be cool.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
You know I just realized that if they do hold to this actually filming in January next year to come out February the year after that THIS will be the first female focused comic book movie of... well let's face it any significant worth that will actually be set in current time. With Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, Dark Phoenix and for some reason supposedly Black Widow all being "prequels" of some kind this will be the first one to actually feature a current setting albeit one where we're not really sure how it fits into whatever the Worlds of DC/DCEU overall plans are.

Frontier

Staff member
You know I just realized that if they do hold to this actually filming in January next year to come out February the year after that THIS will be the first female focused comic book movie of... well let's face it any significant worth that will actually be set in current time. With Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, Dark Phoenix and for some reason supposedly Black Widow all being "prequels" of some kind this will be the first one to actually feature a current setting albeit one where we're not really sure how it fits into whatever the Worlds of DC/DCEU overall plans are.
Still waiting on the first modern-day female solo movie :p.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Black Canary and Huntress are two of my favorite DC superheroines, so I'm excited to see their big screen debut.

Frontier

Staff member
Casting news from Deadline. Mary Elizabeth Winstead is Huntress, and Jurnee Smollett-Bell is Black Canary.
Mary Elizabeth Winstead should be solid as Huntress, although I've usually seen her with short hair so I wonder if she'll wear a wig or grow out her hair for Helean's traditionally long, dark, locks :)?

I have no frame of reference for Jurnee Smollett-Bell other then the fact that she is from all appearances a very gorgeous woman, so I have no idea what kind of a Black Canary she'll be. I do feel like WB is being a little too on the nose with the codename with this casting :sweat:.

Frontier

Staff member
Batman will be absent in the events of the movie reportedly.
Is that how they're going to get around explaining where Batman is during these spinoffs :p?
Sharlto Copley and Ewan McGregor reported to be on WB's list to be Black Mask.
Ewan McGregor would be an interesting Black Mask...
I hope Smollett-Bell doesn't get harassed as much as Diop for Starfire on the Titans show.
Agreed.

I personally wish they would've stayed truer to the comics as far as casting, but that's no excuse to harass a woman online, especially just for the color of her skin :mad:.

Granted, I hope Smollett-Bell gets a better costume as Dinah then Diop has for Starfire :sweat:.

Frontier

Staff member
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts