BIG NEWS: 4Kids to program for Fox Kids

Anthonynotes

See here on the "News" page:
http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17331

Note this line especially:
"This will most likely mean that Kids' WB! shows like "Pokemon," "Cubix" and "Yu-Gi-Oh!," all of which are owned by 4Kids Entertainment, will be heading to Fox Kids come fall. This has yet to be confirmed, but we will look for some type of confirmation."

(Look of shock crosses Brainatra's face)

Egad....if it's true, does this mean what I think it means? That after all this time, all the obnoxious recycled-stock-footage promos, all the hyper-emphasis, all of its characters-who-can't-even-talk-above-a-nine-month-old's-level ("pi-ka pi-ka"/"char-char"/etc.), it's *finally* going to go bye-bye, and jump ship for another channel (*and* taking "Yu-Gi-Oh" and "Cubix" with it)?!?

(Breaks out the champagne/sparkling grape juice and party streamers....)

Of course, they'll surely be looking for their next Obnoxious New Franchise to overhype, and/or find some *other* obnoxious anime series to over-hype (heard suggested that Dragonball Z thing as one possible candidate), though I gather for the short term, they'll probably be trying to build up "Scooby Doo" to fill that role (and/or maybe someone else's suggestion that they'll import other Cartoon Network series...), which of course is overexposed as it is (though at least it's something I actually *liked* at some point in the past, plus it seems rather strange to think that the Scoobster has better speaking skills than any of the Poke-critters [well, save for Meowth, which must imply that the other Poke-critters have some sort of speech development disorder or are dumber than they look or something...] ;-) .

-B.

Matthew Hunter

Super Genius
Yes! Maybe it will be...watchable again! Here's my suggestion for a lineup, if they're trying for comedy/variety again. It seems Warner Bros' most popular marketing properties these days are Scooby Doo and Looney Tunes...so they need to air both.

Scooby Doo(1 hour, eventually one old show and one new show)
Looney Tunes(1 hour)
Osmosis Jones -or whatever they're calling it now
Men in Black
Dragonball Z
CN Cartoon Cartoons (rotation)

-they ought to be able to borrow Justice League from CN occasionally...maybe run it in place of DBZ and MIB some weeks.

-Matthew

Hollywood53

Originally posted by Matthew Hunter
Yes! Maybe it will be...watchable again! Here's my suggestion for a lineup, if they're trying for comedy/variety again. It seems Warner Bros' most popular marketing properties these days are Scooby Doo and Looney Tunes...so they need to air both.

Scooby Doo(1 hour, eventually one old show and one new show)
Looney Tunes(1 hour)
Osmosis Jones -or whatever they're calling it now
Men in Black
Dragonball Z
CN Cartoon Cartoons (rotation)

-they ought to be able to borrow Justice League from CN occasionally...maybe run it in place of DBZ and MIB some weeks.

-Matthew

I'd say that Fox Kids wins the ratings again if that is the lineup.

If Scooby and Looney Tunes takes up most of KWB, it would really suck. At least Pokemon has 52 episodes a year, so it has a reason of being overplayed. It has more episodes than the entire current lineups episodes combined.

Obi

SEVEN. MONDAY.
Just because 4Kids will be running the FOX lineup doesn't mean the WB won't still show 4Kids shows. :rolleyes: The WB is going to milk out 4Kids's shows as long as they can, I doubt Pokemon-and-its-crew are leaving.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

T

tman

umm ya well 4kids has the right to take there shows back and the only thing kids wb migh have are the rights to pokemon seasosons 2 3 and 4 season 1 of cubiz and season 1 of yugio. B All new eps will be on fox so ppl will watch fox. They mgiht even gtake the older eps with them i wouldnt be suprised. Thank god im sick of watching anime be tortured on kids wb and am sick of ww winning the ratings hope you enjoyed all the success its done

Obi

SEVEN. MONDAY.
Just because they can program on Fox now hardly means anything. All it means is that they can overrun their shows even more. 4Kids has been running shows such as Pokemon on the WB for a while now. I'm betting that on Fox the only new episodes we'll get of shows might be Ultraman and Kinnikuman. 4Kids has been making money with their shows on the WB, they aren't going to stop until the shows wear off. Just my opinion.

:D :D

Shredder565

I REALLY hope we don't get an influx of Scooby over at the WB. That character is so damned overused, I'm surprised it gets any ratings at all these days. A New Scooby show is long overdoo in my opinion(bad pun intended :) ).

Personally, I'd like to see an action lineup on WB. Superman, Batman, Batman Beyond, Justice League, X-Men, and Men in Black.

Thad Komorowski

undecided
Originally posted by TheShredder565
Personally, I'd like to see an action lineup on WB. Superman, Batman, Batman Beyond, Justice League, X-Men, and Men in Black.

Didn't they used to have something like that on the WB?

-Thad

Anthonynotes

Originally posted by Thad K

Didn't they used to have something like that on the WB?

-Thad

Frankly, I thought that's what they had *now*, given the complete lack of humor-related shows (which I hope the announcement of a new "Scooby" series and the (personally-hoped-for) departure of all things Poke-related will spur once more...). :-(

Though I believe the above poster(s) are referring to the former lineup from 4-5 years back known as "Heavy Duty Dubbas", which seemed to mostly consist of TNBSA and MiB, IIRC...

The Mad Hatter

Whyyyyy'sis heead so biiiiiig?
Hm. From the sound of the latest press release on the deal, it seems there's a very large chance that not only Pokemon, but all the 4Kids crap will stay on WB for the time being. Maybe there's contracts to run out and all (remember how Batman stayed on Fox for a while after KWB started?). Sigh. Well, hopefully we'll be rid of them eventually.

T

tman

well i dont know what to think well the deals with toyi are structured on a yearly basis so kids wb will probably be keeping the older eps while new eps air on fox

Vin

Hi!
Well, I listed several shows that may air on Fox Kids in the fall in my news post. "Pokemon" and the current 4Kids Kids' WB! shows may or may not go onto Fox Kids, but we'll have to find out when the network announces its programs.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts