"Big Hero 6: The Series" Season Two Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate & Discuss this Season!

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

Votes: 1 33.3%

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Um, hey, Chief Cruz?

STOP IT!

Stop raising those death flags!

When you begin talking about what happened to your father in regards to superheroes and supervillains, and then say that "superheroes can't save everyone", you are tempting fate so that someone - most likely YOU - is going to get axed off in the season finale. And I really don't want to witness Megan's reaction to that happening, it'll just be too painful...
I am amused that people confuse this show for Marvel Comics. It's not. It's Disney. Disney is not going to kill off a bunch of characters to make a thematic point about the ambiguity of superheroes. People are expecting this show to be darker than Disney would ever allow it to be.

For the record, I have no idea why this talkback is on the Marvel forum. Disney, the company, is all in on the series and barely acknowledging Marvel's role at all outside of Stan Lee cameos. This is a Disney cartoon, not a Marvel cartoon.

Why do you think there have been no other Marvel hero crossovers on the series or any of the cast showing up in other Marvel cartoons? Because Disney considers this Disney, not Marvel. Reset your melodrama expectations accordingly.

Big Hero 6: The Series "Fred The Fugitive"

I have to say, Baymax discussing elevated heart-rates due to physical attraction has gotten super old. I never actually thought it was funny to begin with, but they've gone back to that exact joke multiple times, with literally no variation. When are they going to give it up? I'm not opposed to running jokes. But they should at least be funny once. That's not too much to ask.

I love that Chief Cruz has a tragic superhero backstory. But it would be weird if he didn't.

Fred's a nuisance, isn't he? Minimax however continues to be a blast.

How does Wasabi not know or believe yawns are contagious? You'd figure a hypochondriac would know better.

That was all right, but Baymax's puberty shtick is wearing thin. **1/2.

ShadowBeast

Fred The Fugitive: So we finally find out Chief Cruz's reasons for hating superheroes. Of course it was predictable and seems to be inspired from the Incredibles 2 film, though Cruz didn't turn villain. I wasn't expecting Boss Awesome to be part of it though. Cruz blames Boss Awesome for being too late and yet, the police were also too late as well. Just because a superhero is in town, doesn't mean the police still don't do their jobs. Superheroes tend to get to the scenes first.
The whole love plot/s were awkward, enough said.

Fred's night-patrol obsession was annoying even for me as a viewer(why Gogo hasn't smacked him is beyond me). I'm glad he realized about the consequences he caused in the end.

Now this is a big criticism, it's weird enough that a glowing rock was mutated into a rock-bear, but Bessie having cubs was just ridiculous, even if the cubs were cute.

Korra_Fan

I am amused that people confuse this show for Marvel Comics. It's not. It's Disney. Disney is not going to kill off a bunch of characters to make a thematic point about the ambiguity of superheroes. People are expecting this show to be darker than Disney would ever allow it to be.

This is a show that was spun off from a movie that had death and how to cope with the grief that it causes as a major theme.

Obake was (apparently) killed in the Season 1 finale right after we found out that his villainy was due to a condition that wasn't his fault and right after he still chose to do a selfless thing by releasing Baymax to go save Hiro from drowning.

The story arc from the first half of this season centered around characters literally named Liv and Di, with the latter being obsessed with curing the former of a terminal illness.

I think you might be underestimating what this show is capable of. It's obviously not that it's the kind of show that will go around killing just anyone: the main characters, kids and comic relief types are safe. But prominent secondary characters, who are usually also antagonists? Once death flags are raised on them, anything is possible.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
This is a show that was spun off from a movie that had death and how to cope with the grief that it causes as a major theme.

Obake was (apparently) killed in the Season 1 finale right after we found out that his villainy was due to a condition that wasn't his fault and right after he still chose to do a selfless thing by releasing Baymax to go save Hiro from drowning.

The story arc from the first half of this season centered around characters literally named Liv and Di, with the latter being obsessed with curing the former of a terminal illness.

I think you might be underestimating what this show is capable of. It's obviously not that it's the kind of show that will go around killing just anyone: the main characters, kids and comic relief types are safe. But prominent secondary characters, who are usually also antagonists? Once death flags are raised on them, anything is possible.
I disagree. The movie was an origin story, which means Hiro needed a personal death to give him a reason to become a hero. I don't see this show ever leaning into the tragedy of the characters, even tertiary characters like Chief Cruz. It's not fitting with the tone of everything else.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Check out a new episode of Big Hero 6: The Series, premiering today at 10:00 A.M. EST on Disney XD!

bzbmFQP.jpg

Big Hero 6: The Series "Major Blast"
Episode Debut - January 25th, 2020

A new villain, Major Blast, appears in the city and targets Fred.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

zoombie

First you had Megan, and not Fred's mom, I am telling you by the end of the season, there will be no secret identity, it will be public knowledge, that is what we are building towards.

ShadowBeast

First you had Megan, and not Fred's mom, I am telling you by the end of the season, there will be no secret identity, it will be public knowledge, that is what we are building towards.
Fred's mom is married to Boss Awesome, so her knowing that Fred is part of BH6 is very much possible, especially with Fred's big mouth and BH6 having a few of their meetings at Fred's house(which would most likely have security cameras).

Did not see that coming either. Bravo, Big Hero 6 writers. :proud:
I knew something was up with Major Blast and that he wasn't a true villain, but yeah, Fred's Mother, I did not see that coming. I was thinking it was gonna be Fred's father testing his son.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Big Hero 6: The Series "Major Blast"

Was that still Stan Lee, or did they have to go with archival recordings?

Major Blast being Fred's mother was a nice twist. The episode was nice in general, if nothing to write home about. ***1/2.

Roxas_Sora

I'm quite worried about what it's going to happen with Fred's "dad" in the series. I mean, another actor could give his voice to the character, but that could be an insult to Stan Lee's memory. Maybe they could make an episode showing us his funeral (after all, in the movie we had Tadashi's funeral). It would be fun if, in Stan Lee's memory, they actually make a crossover with Marvel.

The portal's technology could work to open a path to Marvel Universe, and like I said, sinde the main characters are science's students, they could use Spider-Man and Horizon High.

Orangesilentplanet

What will be the buildup for the season finale? I don't know if it will be a public reveal of their secret identities, but it should have something to do with Trina and what's she been up. Any other guesses on what the climax will be about?

--James

Dudley

Staff member
I should’ve known it was Fred’s Mom, since she appeared in this episode for the first time in ages, classic Scooby-Doo twist.
But honestly I thought it would be the Butler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Check out a new episode of Big Hero 6: The Series, premiering today at 10:00 A.M. EST on Disney XD!

bzbmFQP.jpg

Big Hero 6: The Series "Fear Not "
Episode Debut - February 1st, 2020

Supersonic Stu busts his grandmother, Supersonic Sue, out of prison.

*Timothy Simons (“Veep”) guest stars as Supersonic Stu and Jane Lynch (“Glee”) returns as Supersonic Sue.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Korra_Fan

I was figuring that Hardlight would've been the big bad of the season.

I think he's definitely the Big Bad for the finale, since it'll be about Chief Cruz dispatching these new Krei Tech robots...and if you remember Hardlight's true identity and what his job was, it should be obvious where things are headed from there.

ShadowBlinky

I always appreciate Baymax's info. :)
That eyeball glitch was quite creepy, but I liked Wasabi's dream scene. Good solution to both of his problems, too.

Roxas_Sora

The last scene with Krey's Robots convinced me, we are going to have something based on Marvel's Sentinels. This is what it always happens when you get too dependable of technology.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts