"Big Hero 6: The Series" Season Three Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate & Discuss this Season!

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Tune in to new Big Hero 6: The Series, tonight at 7:30PM ET on Disney XD!

bzbmFQP.jpg
This week on "Big Hero 6"...

Big Hero 6 The Series “Big Hero Battle"
Episode Debut - November 2, 2020

4 2 Sing, a famous boy band, decides to be crime fighters and challenge Big Hero 6 to a superhero-off.

*Guest starring are K-pop stars Nichkhun Horvejkul (“2PM”) as twins Dae and Hyun-Ki, one-half of boy band 4 2 Sing, and Jae Park (“DAY6”) as twins Kwang-Sun and Ye Joon, the other half of boy band 4 2 Sing.

Big Hero 6 The Series “Go Go the Wooweroo"
Episode Debut - November 2, 2020

Go Go reluctantly goes undercover as the co-host of Wendy Wower’s television show.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

zoombie

So I am a little lost here, I forgotten last time she was on the show, but does Wendy Wower know Big Hero 6's identity? If not, she knows now, or at least Go Go's identity.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
"Big Hero Battle" was just okay. It was basically several musical numbers with little plot. I'm not really into K-Pop (though I know friends who are), so I didn't really appreciate the episode as much. The robot dragon the band had looked cool. I wish they didn't point out they had Megamax literally a minute before they used it to fight the dragon. It could've been a nice surprise otherwise.

"GoGo the Woweroo" was more fun. She actually had a pretty neat musical number and it wasn't as cheesy as I thought it'd be. I was not expecting to get status updates on many of the villains. Apparently, High Voltage are trying to redeem themselves and the Mad Jacks are now children's television entertainers. Who was the villain that retired? I liked that it set up GoGo's potential future as a teacher.

Just one more batch of episodes next week until the hiatus.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm more of a J-Pop guy than K-Pop, but considering how popular K-Pop is now and all the musical sequences this season, I guess making a fictional K-Pop group made sense for the show :confused:.

How were these idiots able to build such an impressive looking robot? I guess they're a really popular group, so they must have spent ludicrous amounts of money for it :eek:.

Momokaze returns only to get beaten in five seconds. I guess all that bonding and adding nobility to her character last season didn't add up to much :sweat:.

I think this is the most GoGo has smiled in the entire series. Also that moment when she couldn't help but get into the beat of the K-Pop song :p.

Mega Max returns! For a giant robot fight with a giant, majestic, dragon mecha! And it was as epic as it sounds :D.

Sirque was "incarcerated?" Completely off-screen? Kind of disappointing after she got away last season. May as well have just put her in the villain montage last episode :shrug:.

You know, that whole "Wendy Wower getting threatened" thing ended up being far more wholesome than I was expecting :).

GoGo learning to teach and to be more open with her feelings was actually pretty sweet, and that she can be positive and upbeat when she has to be for kids. Is teaching a possibility for her future career :)?

So I am a little lost here, I forgotten last time she was on the show, but does Wendy Wower know Big Hero 6's identity? If not, she knows now, or at least Go Go's identity.
I don't think she knows Go Go's identity. She only saw Go Go with her mask on and when she was dressed up as "Chelsea." Although Hiro said her name at the end, didn't he? Then again, maybe she doesn't remember the Go Go girl from the school o_O.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Momokaze returns only to get beaten in five seconds. I guess all that bonding and adding nobility to her character last season didn't add up to much :sweat:.

She's in the opening for this season, so I'm assuming she gets at least a couple of main appearances.

Sirque was "incarcerated?" Completely off-screen? Kind of disappointing after she got away last season. May as well have just put her in the villain montage last episode :shrug:.

I completely missed Sirque getting away in her debut episode. Like with Hardlight, kind of an anticlimatic way of writing off a villain that seemed like she was going to be a bigger deal. At least High Voltage was already planning on reforming and we didn't really see the Mad Jacks after their one appearance, so them rehabilitating makes sense.

Jamie Chung has a beautiful voice. It's nice Go Go warmed up to the kids, though I can't see her doing that in her regular outfit. Her costume as Chelsea was great, it must have really irked her as Go Go.
Enjoyable half episode
==james

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Big Hero 6: The Series "Big Hero Battle / Go Go The Woweroo"

Big Hero Battle:

Lame. Is Wasabi actually gay? If so, this was a weird way for the series to demonstrate that. **.

Go Go The Woweroo:

Second cartoon with a musical number in a row. Not impressed.

I really liked Supersonic Stu's voice so I checked the credits. He's performed by a guy named Tim Simons. I'm going to look for his voice in other projects in the future. He could have a solid career in voicework.

Baymax going haywire over seeing Go Go hug a child was a bit of a lame joke, but it was a bit of a lame episode, so I'll forgive it.

I still didn't dig it much. **.

Episode Overall: **.

Last edited:

ShadowBeast

This season has been pretty mediocre so far. The only episode that stood out for me was "GoGo the Woweroo", which a very sweet episode, though I can see that kid being constantly on police radar when he grows up and still being creepy. But the episode was still great. I am also disappointed that Sirque was simply arrested off-screen, that and Hardlight's handling and the constant use of NBB and his sisters has confirmed to me that the show heading down in quality writing.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Tune in to new Big Hero 6: The Series, tonight at 7:30PM ET on Disney XD!

bzbmFQP.jpg
This week on "Big Hero 6"...

Big Hero 6 The Series “The New Nega-Globby"
Episode Debut - November 9, 2020

Globby and Honey Lemon feel guilty about trapping Nega-Globby in the Glop-Vac.

Big Hero 6 The Series “De-Based"
Episode Debut - November 9, 2020

When Basemax opens a spam email, she gets infected with a virus.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Big Hero 6: The Series "The New Nega-Globby / De-Based"

The New Nega-Globby:

Even when Nega-Globby isn't evil, he's still negative.

I like the term Monstersplain.

Pairing him up with Richardson at the end was a solid solution out of this mess. Well, actually... ****.

De-Based:

Fred is too stupid to live. Although I like him calling his dumb luck "Fredding the Needle".

They knew he was in trouble because he wasn't sending them dumb emails every five minutes. It was weird. Nice. But weird.

A generous helping of fun with a large side order of annoying. ***.

Episode Overall: ***1/2.

Frontier

Staff member
"The New Nega-Globby"

It was nice to see the dark suits again in the flashback/dream sequence. I kinda miss them :crying:.

Felony Carl is such a standup guy. Most roommates would probably kick the other out for making such a mess, but Felony Carl willingly moves himself to the sofa with no ill feelings :).

So essentially you can make the feral monster intelligent, but that doesn't necessarily make said monster good. And it still ends up rampaging at the end of the day :rolleyes:.

It was kind of neat to hear Andy Richter get to actually voice Nega-Globby and in a different way than he voices Globby :anime:.

Richardson Moles has found the impossible...someone he actually enjoys talking too :p.

"De-Based"

Well, everything in this episode was basically Fred's fault, right down to making it harder to shut down Basemax because Fred is too extra. And he still didn't learn his lesson :sweat:.

The Max's all becoming evil medieval robots was actually pretty fun, especially Baymax's complete personality change. I think this is the first time we've heard him with a different voice that's not low energy Baymax ;).

I don't know what it says about the team that they ignore Fred's texts but then realize something is wrong when they don't receive any more from him o_O.

The Superheroes' base turning against them is such a Phase 3 move :cool:.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
"The New Nega-Globby" was fun, if mostly because we get to see Globby come back. I really missed the guy. I never even considered the implications of them trapping Nega-Globby like that, so I'm glad they got to make up for it. I guess he was the "mansplaining monster" the producers joked about at the NYCC panel. I did think the WELL, ACTUALLY joke kind of got run into the ground. His final fate as Richardson's friend was pretty fitting, though, and kind of funny.

I thought the premise of "De-Based" would be weak even for an 11-minute episode, but seeing the direction they took it with (the virus turning the 'Maxes into medieval characters), I think it would've made for a stronger "full" episode. Not just to take advantage of the premise, but I also felt bringing in Megamax like that was kind of rushed. I do find the initial catalyst for this episode, Go Go, Honey Lemon, and Wasabi being unavailable to the others, to be interesting considering the season premiere.

Frontier

Staff member
I thought the premise of "De-Based" would be weak even for an 11-minute episode, but seeing the direction they took it with (the virus turning the 'Maxes into medieval characters), I think it would've made for a stronger "full" episode. Not just to take advantage of the premise, but I also felt bringing in Megamax like that was kind of rushed. I do find the initial catalyst for this episode, Go Go, Honey Lemon, and Wasabi being unavailable to the others, to be interesting considering the season premiere.
Although at least this time I can believe the only reason they didn't come was because they were tired of Fred :p.

How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I don't want a Playstation 5 for all of the new "next gen" games coming, I just want a PS5 so I can just play my PS4 games without my PS4 console sounding like a rocket engine blasting off. (...So tired of seeing the PS5's sold out everywhere....)
Who remembers playing the iCarly game Pack-Rat (Pac-Man clone)on the Nick website? Those were great memories
Was "Mega Man: Fully Charged" ever dubbed in foreign languages?

That thread reached 1000 posts, someone or any admin please lock that thread.
Am I hearing this right? Nick USA not airing SpongeBob SquarePants for a day? Am I dreaming?

Featured Posts