Big Hero 6: The Series "Obake Yashiki" Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Rate & Discuss this "Big Hero 6" episode!

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
8,285 6
A Valid Location
Check out a new episode of Big Hero 6: The Series, today at 7:00AM ET on the Disney Channel!

Big Hero 6: The Series "Obake Yashiki"
Episode Debut - October 6th, 2018

After Big Hero 6 goes to a haunted house, Hiro keeps seeing his late brother Tadashi around the city.

*Daniel Henney (“Criminal Minds”) recurs as Tadashi.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Korra_Fan

May 25, 2012
Ratings
47 2
Were there any significant clips of the season finale? Or the season open for Ducktales?
Just a goofy Fred scene that probably comes early on (most of the episode previews as of late have been of very early clips for the episodes), and a quick shot of Baymax's eyes going red (looks like Obake hacks him and sends him in full combat mode, the same mode that Hiro put him in to kill Callaghan in the movie.)

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,885 13
Framingham, MA
Big Hero 6: The Series “Obake Yashiki”

Obake using Tadashi that way was the dirtiest of pool. Honestly, who does he think he is? How dare he? Seriously glad Hiro didn’t fall for it. I suspected robot immediately, but virtual reality hologram worked just as nicely, and didn’t annoyingly piggyback on the previous episode’s twist ending. The idea is less elegant than a robot. But it works because the series decided not to overdo going to that specific well.

Having Noodleburgerboy shoot lasers out of his eyes while screaming, “I’m going to burn your buns!” is precisely as terrifying as you would imagine it would be. Do you know who NBB has turned into? Toyman from Superman: The Animated Series. A completely nonthreatening looking character who is a total creep. They even both wear masks that don’t move. The parallels are uncanny, including building ridiculous robot henchmen like the Little Dumplings. Seriously skeevy pair of dudes. I half expect NBB to knock either Gogo or Honey Lemon out, and undress them, and put them in life size doll clothes. Please don’t do that to us, show. Bruce Timm scarred me with that idea enough. Yeesh.

Honey Lemon being scared of hippos is perfect. Because it sounds silly and ridiculous. But honestly? Them opening their mouths is frightening as frak. Hippos are ridiculous animals. But they are also legitimately scary (not to mention real-world deadly). I like that idea a lot.

Good episode, although it didn’t feel much like a penultimate episode of the season. I’m curious about how they’ll wrap things up next week, or even if they WILL, and just stick us with a giant cliffhanger instead. ***1/2.

Mar 2, 2004
Ratings
North Dakota
Just a goofy Fred scene that probably comes early on (most of the episode previews as of late have been of very early clips for the episodes), and a quick shot of Baymax's eyes going red (looks like Obake hacks him and sends him in full combat mode, the same mode that Hiro put him in to kill Callaghan in the movie.)
I think I saw some of that. Nothing of any emotional or strategic importance was shown in those clips. I was expecting some more intense or emotional events to occur in the season finale. Maybe Karmie discovering Hiro is Captain Cutie? Or that new blonde business lady is connected to Obake in some way? Though she was mostly polite, I just have a bad vibe that she's responsible for that man becoming a monster and that's why he attacked her rather than anybody else? Sorry, I forgot their names.

three

Mr.O

Sep 21, 2016
Ratings
325 3
I'm beginning to think NoodleBurger Boy is expressing genuine sentient pleasure in tormenting BH6. At first I wasn't really sure if he was sentient or not. He seemed more like Baymax at the beginning of the Big Hero Six film to me. Not truly a sentient, but having a very advanced, but pre-programmed personality that simulated sentient thought. In this episode, however, it would seem that NBB is in fact capable of experiencing pure sadistic glee under his own volition. (See, the hilariously creepy "I'm gonna burn your buns!" statement).

I can't wait to see how Hiro figures into Obake's master plan. Obake isn't really coming off as the type of guy who would want to free Hiro from his own limitations out of the kindness of his heart. He obviously wants to get something from Hiro, but what?

@Dudley
Agreed. Though I question how AR was used so effectively here, I'm really glad Obake isn't a one robot-trick pony.

Last edited:

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Ratings
1,970 10
Elizabeth,NJ
Good episode. A little disappointing that Halloween didn't last long. The contact lenses causing the hallucinations was very unexpected. I was expecting holograms by a nearby machine. But the lenses were a lot better. I wish there was a way to put lenses on like that, since like Fred, I can't stand touching my eyes. I knew Gogo was eventually going to get frightened and that her fear would've been used against her. I don't get her fear of Leprechauns though. I hope we get a reason for that fear.

I can't wait to see how Hiro figures into Obake's master plan. Obake isn't really coming off as the type of guy who would want to free Hiro from his own limitations out of the kindness of his heart. He obviously wants to get something from Hiro, but what?
I think Obake wants him as his personal student considering how he mentions about not letting others or any limitations getting in his way. He's most likely looking for a student/teacher relationship like he has with Granville. I'm betting that Granville had given him the limitless freedom, but took it away when his last invention became dangerous and Obake disappeared after ignoring Granville and going through with his invention anyway. Obake wants to surpass Granville as a teacher who holds no limitations.

Mr.O

Sep 21, 2016
Ratings
325 3
Good episode. A little disappointing that Halloween didn't last long. The contact lenses causing the hallucinations was very unexpected. I was expecting holograms by a nearby machine. But the lenses were a lot better. I wish there was a way to put lenses on like that, since like Fred, I can't stand touching my eyes. I knew Gogo was eventually going to get frightened and that her fear would've been used against her. I don't get her fear of Leprechauns though. I hope we get a reason for that fear.

I think Obake wants him as his personal student considering how he mentions about not letting others or any limitations getting in his way. He's most likely looking for a student/teacher relationship like he has with Granville. I'm betting that Granville had given him the limitless freedom, but took it away when his last invention became dangerous and Obake disappeared after ignoring Granville and going through with his invention anyway. Obake wants to surpass Granville as a teacher who holds no limitations.
It would be really cool if that was a part of his motive (not his entire motive, IMHO). It would show how much Granville meant to him, and that, in his own twisted way he still aspires to be like her, or better

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Ratings
1,970 10
Elizabeth,NJ
It would be really cool if that was a part of his motive (not his entire motive, IMHO). It would show how much Granville meant to him, and that, in his own twisted way he still aspires to be like her, or better
Exactly. His motives with Hiro is to prove to Granville on what students can achieve with being bounded by limits.