"Big Hero 6: The Series" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
Bob Schooley posted some notes for what I assume is the "City of Monsters" two-parter. From what I can gather, it might've been planned as a three-parter, A LOT more happens in it, and it would've had a VERY different ending.
Di getting away at the end instead of being arrested makes me wonder whether she was originally intended to be the final boss of season 2 instead of Trina :confused:?
Also, he confirmed that Karmi had an arc in season 3 that was scrapped due to Disney ordering the show to cater more to comedy.
Yeah, her coming back and reuniting with Hiro...really didn't end up going anywhere, unfortunately :(.

ShadowBeast

Bob Schooley posted some notes for what I assume is the "City of Monsters" two-parter. From what I can gather, it might've been planned as a three-parter, A LOT more happens in it, and it would've had a VERY different ending.

Also, he confirmed that Karmi had an arc in season 3 that was scrapped due to Disney ordering the show to cater more to comedy.
So BH6 joins the list of shows that gets screwed over by those in charge. The original plot for the City of Monsters sounds so much better and better fits with the City of Monsters title as there was a lot more monsters. Also sounds like we could've gotten a better plot for the second part of season 2 instead of a rushed series finale for the story-driven part of the series.

Frontier

Staff member
So BH6 joins the list of shows that gets screwed over by those in charge. The original plot for the City of Monsters sounds so much better and better fits with the City of Monsters title as there was a lot more monsters. Also sounds like we could've gotten a better plot for the second part of season 2 instead of a rushed series finale for the story-driven part of the series.
At the very least a better lead-in to the "police vs Big Hero 6" plot...

Frontier

Staff member
The bit about Karmi makes me wonder if there's other planned stories that they had to cancel or alter due to the format change.
Hardlight definitely seemed like he was planned to be a bigger deal than he ended up being, and Sirque also got away in season 2 so it seems like the writers only let villains get away that they have plans with...before they have to unceremoniously apprehend them for the final season :sweat:.

ShadowBeast

The bit about Karmi makes me wonder if there's other planned stories that they had to cancel or alter due to the format change.
Like Obaki.

Hardlight definitely seemed like he was planned to be a bigger deal than he ended up being, and Sirque also got away in season 2 so it seems like the writers only let villains get away that they have plans with...before they have to unceremoniously apprehend them for the final season :sweat:.
Both those villains end up being defeated in such sad ways (Sirque wasn't even apprehended on screen).

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Like Obaki.

I actually think the way they handled Obake's fate was fine. It makes his death more impactful and I don't think there's many stories you could do with him. I'd argue he's the strongest villain in the series, but I liked Di as well, and I think they could come up with more worthy main villains.

ShadowBeast

I actually think the way they handled Obake's fate was fine. It makes his death more impactful and I don't think there's many stories you could do with him. I'd argue he's the strongest villain in the series, but I liked Di as well, and I think they could come up with more worthy main villains.
I think they could've still used him for at least one more story. I would still like to know what he had planned with the piece of Globby he took.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
It looks like there's some kind of book coming out on August 17. It just gives a general description for the show, but it mentions being a tie in with the show.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
I was not expecting merchandise for this show to still be coming out. I just hope it doesn't keep being delayed into oblivion like the IDW comic was/is.

ShadowBlinky

I've recently watched some videos criticizing this series all by the same guy. I have to say, he's made some very compelling points....

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.
Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts