"Big Hero 6: The Series" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
New interview with the producers and an exclusive clip for this Monday's episode.
I'll admit it, I'm going to have a hard time taking these mascot villains seriously :sweat:.

I like the idea of focusing on the team possibly moving on to bigger things now that they've graduated and how that impacts the group. If the 11-minute episodes do actually lend to deeper character focus, that'll be appreciated :).

Romance for Fred? Heathcliff origin? I have to see this :p.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Titles and log-lines for October. There's no episode on the 19th since there will be an hour-long DuckTales premiering on that date.

Monday, Oct. 5
Original Series – Season Three Premiere on Disney XD
Big Hero 6 The Series “Trading Chips/Mini Noodle Burger Max”
(7:30-8:00 P.M. EDT)

“Trading Chips” – Hiro switches Baymax’s chip with Mini-Max’s so that Baymax can rescue Mochi.

“Mini Noodle Burger Max” – A low-charged Baymax and Mini-Max join forces with Noodle Burger Boy to save Big Hero 6.
TV-Y7 FV

Monday, Oct. 12
Original Series – Episode Premiere on Disney XD
Big Hero 6 The Series “Friendly Face/Big Chibi 6”

“Friendly Face” – When Krei wants to sell the Mayor an automated fleet of shuttle vehicles, Honey Lemon suggests giving the shuttles a friendly face and an upbeat personality.

“Big Chibi 6” – Hardlight crashes Karmi’s autograph session.
TV-Y7 FV

Monday, Oct. 26
Big Hero 6 The Series “Cobra and Mongoose/Better Off Fred”

“Cobra and Mongoose” – After Fred is attacked by mechanical cobras, he learns that they were actually sent after Heathcliff.

*Kirby Howell-Baptiste (“Killing Eve”) guest stars as Cobra.

“Better Off Fred” – Fred meets the girl of his dreams, Olivia, only to be rejected by her for reasons he doesn’t understand.

*Nichole Bloom (“Superstore”) guest stars as Olivia.
TV-Y7 FV

Last edited:

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
“Trading Chips” – Hiro switches Baymax’s chip with Mini-Max’s so that Baymax can rescue Mochi.

“Mini Noodle Burger Max” – A low-charged Baymax and Mini-Max join forces with Noodle Burger Boy to save Big Hero 6.

Basically their own take on body-switching. This was one of the first episodes teased by the previews.

Interesting that NBB is trying to save Hiro.

“Big Chibi 6” – Hardlight crashes Karmi’s autograph session.

It's been a while since we've seen either one of them. I hope the entire episode isn't in chibi for something like that.

“Cobra and Mongoose” – After Fred is attacked by mechanical cobras, he learns that they were actually sent after Heathcliff.

I wonder if Cobra will be a major villain this season or not.

“Better Off Fred” – Fred meets the girl of his dreams, Olivia, only to be rejected by her for reasons he doesn’t understand.

Never would've guessed they'd give the other members a love interest. I wonder if they'll also bring back that foreign exchange student Honey Lemon was talking about.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Yeah, that sounds about right. July 2018. Apart from the D23 Expo in 2019 (where there wasn't really much coverage for the show), that was the last time the show was featured at a Con as far as I can tell.

Stumpos

If Big Hero 6: The Series turns out to be the only one of the five currently running Disney TVA series getting a panel this year, it'd be ironic given how last year it was the only show of the five not to get one (Ducktales had Disney Channel Fan Fest 2019, SDCC 2019 and a signing thing at D23 2019, Big City Greens and Amphibia had Disney Channel Fan Fest 2019, a D23 2019 crossover panel plus one in NYCC 2019, and Owl House had NYCC 2019).

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
If Big Hero 6: The Series turns out to be the only one of the five currently running Disney TVA series getting a panel this year, it'd be ironic given how last year it was the only show of the five not to get one (Ducktales had Disney Channel Fan Fest 2019, SDCC 2019 and a signing thing at D23 2019, Big City Greens and Amphibia had Disney Channel Fan Fest 2019, a D23 2019 crossover panel plus one in NYCC 2019, and Owl House had NYCC 2019).
I really don't know why it didn't get one last year.

zoombie

I hope we find clearly once and for all if Karmi knows Big Hero 6 identity, it is very unclear at the moment. It would make sense that she would know eventually, her comic book counter part knows.

Comic book spoiler
Though her comic book counterpart dies, so let's hope they don't have too much in common.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Just a note for those who haven't read the descriptions, the chibi clip above is from the episode premiering tomorrow ("Big Chibi 6"), while the clip I posted before is from an episode premiering on November 11 (for which we don't have the title yet). EDIT: Should be November 2, actually.

Last edited:

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Zap2It lists a couple of episodes for Nov. 2.

"Big Hero Battle" - Members of a famous boy band decide to be crime fighters and challenge Big Hero 6 to a "superhero-off";

"Go Go the Woweroo" - Go Go reluctantly goes under cover as the co-host of Wendy Wower's TV show.

Frontier

Staff member
Zap2It lists a couple of episodes for Nov. 2.

"Big Hero Battle" - Members of a famous boy band decide to be crime fighters and challenge Big Hero 6 to a "superhero-off";

"Go Go the Woweroo" - Go Go reluctantly goes under cover as the co-host of Wendy Wower's TV show.
Oh hey, Wendy Wower! I almost forgot about her! Poor Go Go though :p.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Titles and log-lines for November.

Monday, Nov. 2

Big Hero 6 The Series “Big Hero Battle/Go Go the Wooweroo”

“Big Hero Battle” – 4 2 Sing, a famous boy band, decides to be crime fighters and challenge Big Hero 6 to a superhero-off.

*Guest starring are K-pop stars Nichkhun Horvejkul (“2PM”) as twins Dae and Hyun-Ki, one-half of boy band 4 2 Sing, and Jae Park (“DAY6”) as twins Kwang-Sun and Ye Joon, the other half of boy band 4 2 Sing.

“Go Go the Wooweroo” – Go Go reluctantly goes undercover as the co-host of Wendy Wower’s television show.

TV-Y7 FV

Monday, Nov. 9

Big Hero 6 The Series “The New Nega-Globby/De-Based” (7:30-8:00 P.M. EDT)

“The New Nega-Globby” – Globby and Honey Lemon feel guilty about trapping Nega-Globby in the Glop-Vac.

“De-Based” – When Basemax opens a spam email, she gets infected with a virus.

TV-Y7 FV

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I hope we find clearly once and for all if Karmi knows Big Hero 6 identity, it is very unclear at the moment. It would make sense that she would know eventually, her comic book counter part knows.

Comic book spoiler
Though her comic book counterpart dies, so let's hope they don't have too much in common.
I couldn't agree with you more.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Titles and log-lines for November.

Monday, Nov. 2

Big Hero 6 The Series “Big Hero Battle/Go Go the Wooweroo”

“Big Hero Battle” – 4 2 Sing, a famous boy band, decides to be crime fighters and challenge Big Hero 6 to a superhero-off.

*Guest starring are K-pop stars Nichkhun Horvejkul (“2PM”) as twins Dae and Hyun-Ki, one-half of boy band 4 2 Sing, and Jae Park (“DAY6”) as twins Kwang-Sun and Ye Joon, the other half of boy band 4 2 Sing.

“Go Go the Wooweroo” – Go Go reluctantly goes undercover as the co-host of Wendy Wower’s television show.

TV-Y7 FV

Monday, Nov. 9

Big Hero 6 The Series “The New Nega-Globby/De-Based” (7:30-8:00 P.M. EDT)

“The New Nega-Globby” – Globby and Honey Lemon feel guilty about trapping Nega-Globby in the Glop-Vac.

“De-Based” – When Basemax opens a spam email, she gets infected with a virus.

TV-Y7 FV

That's not a lot of episodes. Are we really going to go into hiatus already? :confused:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts