"Big Hero 6: The Series" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
So, this is a surprise. We're getting an interactive short.

Sounds like something they'd have at Disneyland...but it also sounds really cool :cool:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Entertainment Weekly confirmed the show will end with season 3. They also have a clip with the cast discussing the show.
The Disney XD animated spin-off to the 2014 Big Hero 6 movie will now officially end with its season 3 finale, which will air on Monday, Feb. 15 at 7:30 p.m. ET/PT. All episodes premiere on Disney XD and DisneyNOW. The series will continue to air on Disney Channels around the world, and the first two seasons are currently available on the Disney+ streaming platform.

What is now the series finale will consist of the music-filled "Krei-oke Night," in which Krei enlists Big Hero 6 to launch his new karaoke machine, and "The Mascot Upshot," in which Hiro (voiced by Ryan Potter) sees an opportunity to defeat the mascots when they decide to add a member to their family.

SweetShop209

The series finale is on Presidents Day, kind of like with Gravity Falls, which also had its series finale on Presidents Day (February 15).

Last edited:

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
At least they made the ending official and I'm glad they are airing the remaining episodes close.

I appreciate the Krei pun in the title and I am a bit glad that they're ending with actual plot resolution instead of a random karaoke episode, even if I'm not that invested in the mascot plot.

AdrenalineRush1996

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Big Hero 6: The Series: Baymax Dreams "Baymax Dreams Of Fred's Glitch"

Gertrude the Glitch is super cute.

The animation was amazing in this short. ****1/2.

SweetShop209

02/16:
Season 3 comes to Disney Plus on March 19.

02/17:
The series finale got 73,000 views. This is really low. The show was beaten in ratings by even the Disney Junior shows.

New rating results:

February 12:

Disney Junior:
Muppet Babies: 503,000

Disney Channel:
Bluey: 422,000
Secrets of Sulphur Springs: 375,000
Bunk'd: 326,000
T.O.T.S.: 271,000

February 13:

Disney Channel:
Big City Greens: 347,000

February 14:

Disney Junior:
Fancy Nancy: 327,000

Disney Channel:
Shook Special: 186,000

February 15:

Disney Junior:
Dino Ranch: 496,000
Gigantosaurus: 287,000

Disney XD:
Big Hero 6 The Series: 73,000

Man I can't believe how laughably bad Big Hero 6 The Series performed on its series finale even with a marathon hyping it up. Disappointingly low for a series finale from Disney TVA. Makes me concerned for how the final episodes of Ducktales are gonna do in ratings (though given how during last year they generally kept above 100,000 views, I'm sure it won't tank as horrible as Big hero 6).

Last edited by a moderator:

RoyalRubble

Staff member

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Bob Schooley posted some notes for what I assume is the "City of Monsters" two-parter. From what I can gather, it might've been planned as a three-parter, A LOT more happens in it, and it would've had a VERY different ending.

Also, he confirmed that Karmi had an arc in season 3 that was scrapped due to Disney ordering the show to cater more to comedy.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

harry580 wrote on Santana434's profile.
hi, what cartoon is your profile pic from?

I haven't seen an Nostalgia Critic episode in 6 years and i don't plan on coming back.

But good lord this is cringe. It straight up looks like a 2001 Newgrounds cartoon. I'm suprised Foamy the Squirrel didn't pop up
So is there going to be a "Do you remember ___________?" thread for every show that ever existed? Or is it just for shows that came out in the last 30 years?
I wish a happy 49th birthday to Aliki Theofilopoulos Grafft.

I could find some stuff that was relatable from Kansas City.

Featured Posts