"Big Hero 6: The Series" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

SweetShop209

I looked on google. It looks like there will be a new episode on February 1.

Screenshot_20210107-135318.png

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
These episodes sound interesting. One that goes full circle with Hiro's status as a child prodigy and another one that might wrap up some Sycorax-related loose ends.

Frontier

Staff member
Apparently these photos are of the BH6 office being packed up. There's some neat details in them, including an all-characters poster and the potential remaining titles for the season. POSSIBLE SPOILERS in link.

"A French Apprentice"/"Noodle Burger Ploy", "The Mascot Upshot"/"Karaoke Night"
"French Apprentice" kind of makes me think of Sirque, since she's French :confused:.

Stumpos

Man, I wonder when they're gonna announce the series is ending at this point. Even the ads don't really advertise the final 3 episodes in February as the final ones like they did when advertising Star vs the Forces of Evil's final season.

ShadowBeast

Man, I wonder when they're gonna announce the series is ending at this point. Even the ads don't really advertise the final 3 episodes in February as the final ones like they did when advertising Star vs the Forces of Evil's final season.
Considering how small the season has been, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney doesn't even bother to announce the series ending when it actually ends. Star Vs's final grand finale did try to go out with a bang despite how horrendous it was, while Big Hero 6 is going out with a whimper.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
It seems there will only be one new half-hour show next monthy, or at least only one is listed in the February Highlights Press Release.

Monday, Feb. 1
Original Series – Episode Premiere on Disney XD
Big Hero 6 The Series “The MiSFIT/Return to Sycorax”
(7:30-8:00 p.m. EST)

“The MiSFIT” – In order to recruit child prodigy Rishi Patel, Professor Granville enlists Hiro to give him a tour of SFIT.

“Return to Sycorax” – When Krei is lost in the old Sycorax building, the heroes must search the abandoned monster factory to find him.
TV-Y7

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Considering how small the season has been, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney doesn't even bother to announce the series ending when it actually ends. Star Vs's final grand finale did try to go out with a bang despite how horrendous it was, while Big Hero 6 is going out with a whimper.

I was actually thinking about DuckTales and how Disney actually bothered to make an official statement about its final season. It's a more popular and high-profile show, so it makes sense they're giving it a golden treatment in comparison.

It seems there will only be one new half-hour show next monthy, or at least only one is listed in the February Highlights Press Release.

Monday, Feb. 1
Original Series – Episode Premiere on Disney XD
Big Hero 6 The Series “The MiSFIT/Return to Sycorax”
(7:30-8:00 p.m. EST)

“The MiSFIT” – In order to recruit child prodigy Rishi Patel, Professor Granville enlists Hiro to give him a tour of SFIT.

“Return to Sycorax” – When Krei is lost in the old Sycorax building, the heroes must search the abandoned monster factory to find him.
TV-Y7

Oh, so they're actually pulling a Maximum Venom on it. I was just joking and being overly cynical. I didn't think they'd actually do it. :confused:

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
I knew that plot was supposed to come up at some point, especially if they're winding down on things and redeeming villains mostly off-screen.

I looked into it further and it says this episode will air on February 8th. If this is true, why wasn't it mentioned in the highlights. Has there been times where the highlights don't actually all the premieres?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
All I could find is this Tweet which also mentions another episode (the finale, most likely) for February 22. But I don't believe this is an official account so I am not sure what their sources are.

It does feel weird the Press Release didn't mention any of this, maybe plans changed in the meantime, but we should find out for sure in a couple of weeks.

SweetShop209

Stumpos

01/23:
I looked into it further and it says this episode will air on February 8th. If this is true, why wasn't it mentioned in the highlights. Has there been times where the highlights don't actually all the premieres?
Yeah, there were many times especially in 2019 where Disney didn't list all the premieres for a month in highlights.

January: https://www.pressparty.com/pg/newsdesk/ABCTelevisionGroup/view/183650/

February: https://disneytvanimation.com/post/182227631063/february-2019-programming-highlights-for-disney

March: https://www.dgepress.com/disneyxd/pressrelease/march-2019-programming-highlights-for-disney-channel-disney-xd-and-disney-junior/

April: https://www.dgepress.com/disneychannel/pressrelease/april-2019-programming-highlights/

May: https://www.dgepress.com/disneyxd/pressrelease/may-2019-programming-highlights-for-disney-channel-disney-xd-and-disney-junior/

June: https://www.dgepress.com/disneychannel/pressrelease/june-2019-programming-highlights-for-disney-channel-disney-xd-and-disney-junior/

July: https://www.dgepress.com/disneychannel/pressrelease/july-2019-programming-highlights-for-disney-channel-disney-xd-and-disney-junior/

Seems they didn't exactly include every episode of Star Vs the Forces of Evil, Milo Murphy's Law, Ducktales, and Amphibia that aired during those months so it's likely a similar case for Big Hero 6 The Series' final 3.

01/25:
Well, now Zap2 It is showing Disney XD's schedule for February 8th and it seems there's now a To Be Announced filling the 7:30 PM timeslot that day so maybe that's where A Fresh Sparkles and Noodle Burger Ploy will be airing.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoyalRubble

Staff member

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Brenda Song and Macaulay Culkin have their first baby, a son named Dakota.

The Anime Superhero Hotel Concept is now available to everyone in this forum. Check it out if you want it.
I'm currently developing a concept called "The Anime Superhero Hotel", which is a building I dreamed about in the twilight hours today.
Asa wrote on Neo Ultra Mike's profile.

Featured Posts