"Big Hero 6: The Series" News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoombie

I think at the end of the season, they are not going to have a secret identity.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I doubt it. Superheroes always find a way to keep their secret identity. Although some ways are highly questionable, like Spider-Man's "One More Day".
Except here, the ID's being secret is a hindrance, especially since the villains all seem to already know who they are. It would boost public opinion of the group, which they need against the police witch hunt. The biggest hint the Secret ID's are on a clock is that revealing them would solve a LOT of problems.

Roxas_Sora

Except here, the ID's being secret is a hindrance, especially since the villains all seem to already know who they are. It would boost public opinion of the group, which they need against the police witch hunt. The biggest hint the Secret ID's are on a clock is that revealing them would solve a LOT of problems.

More like causing much more problems. For some reason, when some villains discover the secret identities of the heroes, they usually keep them for themselves; instead of reveal it publicly. And Marvel's Civil War proved that, without their secret identities, goverments always tries to keep superheroes under their control. Specially when the Goverments are so corrupt that they work for criminals.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
More like causing much more problems. For some reason, when some villains discover the secret identities of the heroes, they usually keep them for themselves; instead of reveal it publicly. And Marvel's Civil War proved that, without their secret identities, goverments always tries to keep superheroes under their control. Specially when the Goverments are so corrupt that they work for criminals.
This is a Disney show. That will not be a problem here.

Roxas_Sora

This is a Disney show. That will not be a problem here.

Haven't you see Season 3 of "Avengers Assemble: Ultron's Revolution"? We had an adaptation of the Civil War about heroes being forced to register or being arrested.

And you should rewatch old Disney's animated series like "Kim Possible" or "American Dragon: Jake Long"; you would see quite a lot dark moments.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Haven't you see Season 3 of "Avengers Assemble: Ultron's Revolution"? We had an adaptation of the Civil War about heroes being forced to register or being arrested.

And you should rewatch old Disney's animated series like "Kim Possible" or "American Dragon: Jake Long"; you would see quite a lot dark moments.
First off, Avengers is a Marvel show not a Disney animation show. Big Hero 6 is Disney. Full stop. Marvel isn't even mentioned once in the credits. It's why no other Marvel heroes guest star. It's Disney, and they've taken full credit for it, and distanced the Marvel connection entirely, outside of Stan Lee's role.

Secondly, the Avengers cartoon sucked. I doubt this great show needs to take lessons about how to be terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roxas_Sora

First off, Avengers is a Marvel show not a Disney animation show. Big Hero 6 is Disney. Full stop. Marvel isn't even mentioned once in the credits. It's why no other Marvel heroes guest star. It's Disney, and they've taken full credit for it, and distanced the Marvel connection entirely, outside of Stan Lee's role.

Secondly, the Avengers cartoon sucked. I doubt this great show needs to take lessons about how to be terrible.

Pal, if you didn't like the Avengers' series, I'm sorry, but not everyone share your opinion.

And as much as it's said it's Disney, it doesn't change the fact Big Hero 6 is based on a creation from Marvel. We could say the same about the Incredibles, because as much as they say it's Disney's property, it's clearly based on another Marvel's creation: The Fantastic Four. I'm quite convinced that, sooner or later, they will make a crossover of Big Hero 6 with Marvel's characters. And considering they are all students of science that work in a lab creating peculiar inventions, the current animated series of Spider-Man in Horizon High could be the perfect candidate.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Log-lines for the final episodes of season 2, from the Disney Press site (Both parts of "Legacies" have the same description).
Fear Not
Air Date: 02/01/2020
Supersonic Stu busts his grandmother, Supersonic Sue, out of prison.
*Timothy Simons (“Veep”) guest stars as Supersonic Stu and Jane Lynch (“Glee”) returns as Supersonic Sue.
Legacies, Parts 1 & 2
Air Date: 02/08/2020
Chief Cruz and the police get the upper hand in their battle with both villains and Big Hero 6 when they begin using Buddy Guardians, powerful new robots produced by Krei Tech.
*Horatio Sanz (“Saturday Night Live”) returns as El Fuego, Isabella Gomez (“One Day at a Time”) returns as Megan and Nestor Carbonell (“The Dark Knight”) returns as Chief Cruz.

Roxas_Sora

The Incredibles was made before Disney purchased it, smart guy... and it was supposed to be a parody of them.

I already know that, genius. But even so, it doesn't change the fact that it's the second team of "superheroes"

Log-lines for the final episodes of season 2, from the Disney Press site (Both parts of "Legacies" have the same description).

Humm... By the sound of it, I think I know where this is going. A villain will take control of the robots, taking the whole city hostage and the police will be unable to do anything. And of course, it will be Big Hero 6's role to save the day. I would like to think Chief Cruz will change his heart after this, but he has started to be a lot like the accursed J Jonah Jameson.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Let's drop this subject as to not derail the thread any further or start any unnecessary arguments. Please resume normal Big Hero 6 discussions.

Roxas_Sora

That's freaking rude. Knock it off.

I don't understand it, maybe I made a typewriting error, but my real message was going to be <<But even so, it doesn't change the fact that it's the second team of superheroes that belong to Disney and are based on a creation of Marvel>>.

Anyway, returning to the main topic, like I said, I think the ending is quite obvious now. A villain, or maybe an error on the robots' program, will cause the robots to turn against the citizens. It makes me think about Marvel's Sentinels, somehow. And in desperated times, Chief Cruz will be forced to work with Big Hero 6 to save San Fransokyo.

SweetShop209

February 4:

Here's a promo for the season 2 finale.

February 15:

Bob Schooley mentioned season 3 possibly coming out in summer. They don't mix the first episode until March anyway.

March 2:

When checking Disney Now, the show is now back under the Disney XD section, after previously being shown in the Disney Channel section. I think this means season 3 will air on Disney XD.

Screenshot_20200302-220032.png

Screenshot_20200302-220101.png

Screenshot_20200302-220141.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts