"Big Hero 6: The Series" News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dudley

Staff member
I recall reading once that the reason the show even got approved in the first place is because Disney was NOT interested in a sequel. I'm not sure, though, since I can't find the interview about that.

Though Bob Schooley agrees that Cass finding out would be a huge deal. I don't know if the show would get to that eventually, but it should be interesting.

I’m glad we got a show instead. It allows the other members of BH6 to get more screen time and developing.

zoombie

So this show had no presence at SDCC? Disappointed, I was hoping we get some clips of future episode, maybe see what the next arc is about. I am hoping Obaki comes back as a reluctant ally against a bigger threat.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
They will most likely offer previews at the D23 Expo. Presumably the show returns with new episodes this Fall, so it should be about the right time to get some news about it.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Thanks, I keep missing Disney's announcements, it seems.

Still weird how they didn't show anything on Comic Con. Maybe it's not popular amongst geeks, just kids?

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Disney usually reserves their bigger news announcements for D23 since it's a convention all about their properties. Though in even numbered years (when D23 isn't held ), there's more Comic Con presence.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
GoWatchIt has updated with more titles and synopsis for the upcoming episodes. These are a bit spoilerific, so be warned:

"Write Turn Here" - Hiro is forced to write a story for his class and decides to write a Big Hero 6 story; strange versions of Noodle Burger Boy attack the team.

"City of Monsters, Part 1" - Karmi and Hiro team up to help treat someone overrun with genetically engineered parasites; Big Hero 6 must fight a city being attacked by monsters.

"City of Monsters, Part 2" - Big Hero 6 must continue to fight off a city overrun with monsters as Liv's plot comes to its dramatic climax.

"Mini-Maximum Trouble" - Fred runs into a string of bad luck that threatens his safety; Megan reveals to Hiro that she's trying to uncover the true identities of Big Hero 6 for her school's newspaper.

"El Fuego" - Intent on becoming the toughest fighter in San Fransokyo, professional mech-wrestler El Fuego decides he must beat the strongest challenger he can find: Baymax.

"The Globby Within" - Nega-Globby begins to take control of Globby's body to cause chaos around the city, turning Globby from an adored hero to a wanted criminal overnight.

"Hardlight" - Now fugitives, Big Hero 6 lays low as the SFPD searches for them; new villain Hardlight shows up hoping to challenge Big Hero 6 to a real-life video game duel.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Titles and log-lines for September.

Tuesday, Sept. 3

3:30-4:00 P.M. EDT (Disney Channel) Big Hero 6 The Series “Write Turn Here” Hiro writes a story about Big Hero 6 for a class project. Christy Carlson Romano (Disney Channel’s Kim Possible) returns as Trina.

Wednesday, Sept. 4

3:30-4:00 P.M. EDT (Disney Channel) Big Hero 6 The Series “City of Monsters – Part I”
Karmi and Hiro team up to help treat someone with genetically engineered parasites. Daniel Henney (Criminal Minds) and Ben Feldman (Superstore) return as Tadashi and Chris, respectively.

Thursday, Sept. 5

3:30-4:00 P.M. EDT (Disney Channel) Big Hero 6 The Series “City of Monsters – Part II”
Big Hero 6 must continue to fight off a city overrun with monsters. Mara Wilson (BoJack Horseman) returns as Liv Amara.

Friday, Sept. 6

3:30-4:00 P.M. EDT (Disney Channel) Big Hero 6 The Series “Mini-Maximum Trouble”
When Fred runs into a string of bad luck, Megan reveals to Hiro that she’s trying to uncover the true identities of Big Hero 6 for her school’s newspaper. Nestor Carbonell (Bates Motel) and Isabella Gomez (One Day at a Time) return as Chief Cruz and Megan, respectively.

Monday, Sept. 9

3:30-4:00 P.M. EDT (Disney Channel) Big Hero 6 The Series “El Fuego”
Professional mech-wrestler El Fuego is intent on becoming the toughest fighter in San Fransokyo and decides he must beat the strongest challenger he can find, Baymax. Horatio Sanz (Saturday Night Live) guest stars as El Fuego.

Tuesday, Sept. 10

3:30-4:00 P.M. EDT (Disney Channel) Big Hero 6 The Series “The Globby Within”
Nega-Globby takes control of Globby’s body to cause chaos around the city. Nestor Carbonell (Bates Motel) and Alan Tudyk (The Tick) return as Chief Cruz and Keri, respectively.

Wednesday, Sept. 11

3:30-4:00 P.M. EDT (Disney Channel) Big Hero 6 The Series “Hardlight”
Evil villain Hardlight challenges the Big Hero 6 team to a real-life video game duel. Will Friedle (Boy Meets World) guest stars as Hardlight.

Bigawesome2000

First-run premieres of Big Hero 6: The Series are moving to Disney XD. The episodes slated to air on Disney Channel this month will first air on Disney XD at 7:30 AM and then on Disney Channel at 3:30 PM.

zoombie

I could see a love triangle / square, what ever you want to call it, with Hiro, Megan, and Karmi.

Megan likes Hiro, while Karmi likes Hiro's super hero alto ego, and Megan thinks Big Hero is a menace, so they will still be conflict between Megan and Karmi.

Speaking of shipping, I think after this monster arc, Alister and Liv are going to become a couple. And all it took was for Alister to spent time with an evil clone instead of the real Liv.

Last edited:

ShadowBeast

Huh. Some interesting tidbits coming from that interview. Mainly, other villains besides Globby get redeemed and the new headquarters.
It wouldn't be surprising. High Voltage attempted to go straight and only became villains again because of Liv, Noodle Burger Boy just needs that Obake card removed and would probably go back to the fast-food market, Trina seems like a good candidate to going good as well, and finally even Obake could possibly change sides considering how he let Baymax go in order to save Hiro.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
September 18:

Take this with a grain of salt, but Bob Schooley says the rest of season 2 may not come until January.

November 4th:

It looks like there's a new episode on December 7. It seems to be Christmas episode.

New episodes return February.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts