"Big Hero 6: The Series" News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
The episode "Killer App" will air in the US next month, but Disney Channel Australia/New Zealand uploaded a 5 minute sneak peek of the episode on their youtube channel.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The episode "Killer App" will air in the US next month, but Disney Channel Australia/New Zealand uploaded a 5 minute sneak peek of the episode on their youtube channel.
I read the episode is labeled incorrectly. The clip is actually from "Failure Mode", which is the episode set to air this Saturday in the US.

Mr.O

I really hope Karmi won't be on Hiro's case this whole season. They don't have to be friendly buddies, but I feel that more can be done with her character.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Here's a sneak peek for an episode that hasn't aired in the US yet. Ifs short but interesting.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I don't think this was mentioned before - there's a DVD of the show coming out on June 26th.

DISNEY BIG HERO 6 THE SERIES: BACK IN ACTION! HOME VIDEO RELEASE.

It includes the "Baymax Returns" 2-part story, "Fred’s Bro-tillion", "Issue 188", "Big Roommates 2", "Failure Mode", "Muirahara Woods" and "Food Fight" (technically, all the episodes that have aired in the US at this point). It will also include the 6 webisodes.

Frontier

Staff member
I don't think this was mentioned before - there's a DVD of the show coming out on June 26th.

DISNEY BIG HERO 6 THE SERIES: BACK IN ACTION! HOME VIDEO RELEASE.

It includes the "Baymax Returns" 2-part story, "Fred’s Bro-tillion", "Issue 188", "Big Roommates 2", "Failure Mode", "Muirahara Woods" and "Food Fight" (technically, all the episodes that have aired in the US at this point). It will also include the 6 webisodes.
Glad to see they're including the webisodes (which reminds me of how we're still unsure whether JLA's will see any kind of official release) :).

And I guess this once again differentiates Big Hero 6 from the regular Marvel cartoons since those generally don't get released on DVD :sweat:.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
The San Diego Comic Con panel will be on Saturday July 21st at 12:30PM in Room 6A. The cast and crew will participate.
This will probably be the first time in a while where Khary Payton meets his fellow co-stars given that the voice sessions, at least for him, are generally separate. From this interview from around the time the show came out, he talks about recording separately (Lisa Schaffer also did this on Phineas And Ferb, where she worked on the first three seasons, and almost everyone, especially Ferb's voice actor, the British Thomas Brodie Sangster, recorded alone).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
My bad - I was looking at Sundays not Saturdays when the show actually airs new episodes. :sweat:

I corrected the last post and this Saturday "Aunt Cass Goes Out" is still set to air.

Edit:
The July premieres Press Release lists only one of the episodes set to air next month.

Saturday, July 28
Original Series – Episode Premiere on Disney Channel
Big Hero 6 The Series “Small Hiro One”
(9:00 – 9:30 A.M. EDT)
Hiro becomes frustrated when he’s deemed too young to attend a science workshop hosted by SFIT’s most famous alumni, Dr. Trevor Trengrove.
*Andy Daly (“Review”) and Riki Lindhome (“Garfunkel and Oates”) guest star as Dr. Trevor Trengrove andWendy Wower, respectively.
TV-Y7 FV

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Both this series and Mickey Mouse (2013) were nominated for Outstanding Animated Program & Outstanding Character Voice-Over Performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts