"Big Hero 6: The Series" News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.O

I had no problem with the "old" strategy. I wonder what they mean by this.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to go for a bomb format and have been working on a lot of episodes ready to air under that format. That can work, but it is also frustrating to wait all this time for new episodes of these different shows.

Mr.O

I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to go for a bomb format and have been working on a lot of episodes ready to air under that format. That can work, but it is also frustrating to wait all this time for new episodes of these different shows.
Why does it seem that the networks are seeing the "Bomb" format as the future of cartoon scheduling? I'm genuinely asking as I am no schedule/ratings buff.

Frontier

Staff member
Why does it seem that the networks are seeing the "Bomb" format as the future of cartoon scheduling? I'm genuinely asking as I am no schedule/ratings buff.
I imagine they're trying to catch the same kind of "binge-watching" audience that Netflix or streaming services go after.

Mr.O

I imagine they're trying to catch the same kind of "binge-watching" audience that Netflix or streaming services go after.
Oh, I see. I was never much of a binger, even with Netflix. I wonder if this adaptation to streaming is truly what the target demo' wants?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Reading through Bob Schooley's Twitter account, he confirmed they already have 13 episodes finished and ready to air (not sure if that includes "Baymax Returns" or not), and they're halfway through the second season.

I figured a number of episodes was completed since the show is premiering internationally in March (I heard the UK and Australia will be the first to air the show before the US).

Dudley

Staff member
Oh, I see. I was never much of a binger, even with Netflix. I wonder if this adaptation to streaming is truly what the target demo' wants?

I wonder that too. Adults don’t mind the traditional weekly episode format. Do kids really care either way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.O

I wonder that too. Adults don’t mind the traditional weekly episode format. Do kids really care either way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a little sister who's 9. She really doesn't like to binge be it on demand or Netflix. She'd rather fit variety into her cartoon time, same as me. However my baby sis' (4yrs old ) could watch Blaze or Paw Patrol all day. My tween brother is mainly a Youtube buff. Whenever he does watch cartoons on TV or Netflix, he doesn't give it the time to binge it.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Kids today are pretty much used to watching exactly what they want whenever they want to. If it's not Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, or On Demand, they're going to find it and watch it however they can. I have to imagine that those with access to the channel will probably watch the new stuff live but I don't know what the binge bomb does to help ratings and ensure that kids will stick around for all of it.

I'm an old fashioned 90s kid. I like to see a a block of new episodes of different shows when possible and not fight the urge to sleep when I'm watching 5 new episodes of a show I'd like otherwise if it were under different circumstances.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

Light Lucario

Staff member
I do see the appeal of binge watching shows. I watch different series mainly through legal streaming sites and On Demand nowadays. Being able to watch whatever shows I want to watch at any time and being able to go through a few episodes within a week is nice. That being said, I don't think that they really need to wait this long just to provide enough episodes for people to binge watch. The least they can do is put out a few episodes now and then have a break for more new episodes to come out.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
February 27th:
http://tv.bt.com/tv/tv-from-bt/disneys-big-hero-6-exclusive-q-a-with-the-stars-11364253395087
Q&A with the stars of the show. It's from last week but I don't remember it being posted here. Note the premiere date they list at the end of the article is for the UK.

March 8th:
A new episode is currently appearing on Zap2It
The Impatient Patient
SEASON 1, EPISODE 8
AIRING APR 19, 2018

(The episode description is a generic synopsis for the show, so I didn't post that as well).

Considering the number and the fact it's again airing on a Thursday, I think this is another listing for the UK. But I thought any info about upcoming episodes is worth mentioning here.

Edit: And another upcoming episode title:
Aunt Cass Goes Out
SEASON 1, EPISODE 10
AIRING APR 12, 2018

And just in case, please remember to use Spoiler Tags if you want to talk about any episodes you might have watched thanks to international airings before the episodes premiere in the US.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I presume this will be that "Food Fight" episode we found out about when Zap2It listed some episodes that were premiering in the UK. Apparently, it's episode 7. Here's the episode description again:
Food Fight
SEASON 1, EPISODE 7
When Aunt Cass stumbles into an underground cooking competition, she thrives and becomes addicted to the excitement.

SweetShop209

Gordon and Alton? That's pretty cool.
I'm not surprised with their casting given their work with Disney (the former was on Mickey And The Roadster Racers while the latter was on Miles From Tomorrowland, which also has Lisa Schaffer as the voice director).

Frontier

Staff member
Gordon Ramsey will appear in an episode airing this summer, so at least we know the show will be airing by then.

I imagine he'll have to keep it clean like he did in that Muppet short :p.

EDIT 03/24: Exclusive clip from "Muirahara Woods":

The description says "Summer on Disney XD," so that might be some indication of when we can expect new episodes.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Another future episode title is now appearing on Zap2It (but again, with an air-date most likely for the UK, and a generic synopsis). "Mr. Sparkles Loses His Sparkle", which is apparently episode 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts