"Big Hero 6: The Series" News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
From Animation Magazine:
A customizable, interactive virtual assistant called Pocket Baymax launches on DisneyNOW the same day. Need more digital incentive? Two full-length episodes of Big Hero 6: The Series will debut exclusively on DisneyNOW and Disney XD VOD immediately after the movie airs, ahead of its official broadcast premiere in early 2018. Starting Nov. 24, a series of shorts will rollout each Friday for six weeks on Disney XD, the app and the network’s YouTube channel. An international TV rollout for the whole lot will occur throughout 2018.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Here's the log-line for "Baymax Returns", from the Disney Press website:
Set in the fictional city of San Fransokyo, 14-year-old tech genius Hiro begins school as the new prodigy at San Fransokyo Institute of Technology and sets off to rebuild Baymax. However, his overconfidence and penchant for taking shortcuts leads him and the newly minted Big Hero 6 team – Wasabi, Honey Lemon, Go Go and Fred – into trouble.

Both parts have the same synopsis. Interesting to note the production codes for the premiere are 104 & 105.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter

spyke

Has anyone watched the 2 bonus episodes that premiered on Disney Now and Disney VOD?

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
It's interesting how the Khary Payton interview mentions how the cast usually doesn't together. That is at least the fourth Disney show Lisa Schaffer is the voice director of where the cast doesn't always record together. The other three are Kim Possible, Phineas And Ferb, and Miles From Tomorrowland.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Has anyone watched the 2 bonus episodes that premiered on Disney Now and Disney VOD?
All I've seen uploaded were the premiere episodes. The press statement had some odd wording to me, so those could be the two episodes.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:

spyke

I could be wrong, but I think that this might be a preview clip from one of the BH6 shorts.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
According to Zap2It, the show returns on March 1st. You'd have to check the Episode Guide tab, I can't seem to be able to link directly to it.

Fred's Bro-Tillion
SEASON 1, EPISODE 3
AIRING MAR 01, 2018
When super-villain Baron Von Steamer crashes Fred's Bro-Tillion, Big Hero 6 springs into action.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
More episode scheduled for March, according to Zap2It:
Big Roommates
SEASON 1, EPISODE 4
AIRING MAR 08, 2018TV-Y7
A purse thief gets more than he bargained for when he steals Honey Lemon's chem-lab purse and it turns him into a monster.
Issue 188
SEASON 1, EPISODE 5
AIRING MAR 15, 2018TV-Y7
Go Go and Fred dive deep into comic book mythology to try to find a way to defeat High Voltage, a mother-daughter duo who use electricity and the art of dance in their crimes.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
The mother-daughter aspect of High Voltage reminded me of Bombshell.

When I saw the name Baron Von St---, my brain went somewhere different than Steamer.

Frontier

Staff member
More episode scheduled for March, according to Zap2It:
I guess one flaw of fighting crime with a purse is you run the risk of a purse-snatcher grabbing it and getting access to all your crazy Superhero stuff in said purse :sweat:.

A Go-Go and Fred team-up involving comics sounds fun, and High-Voltage sounds like they'll be a lot of fun too ;).
The mother-daughter aspect of High Voltage reminded me of Bombshell.
From Ultimate Spider-Man? I can see it :D.
When I saw the name Baron Von St---, my brain went somewhere different than Steamer.
Hopefully Baron Von Steamer will get more screentime then MCU Baron Strucker :ack:.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I'm guessing that we probably won't see any 1:1 pastiches but we'll have to wait and see if any villains are clearly inspired by someone else. The Kim Possible series had a lot of fun villains that I thought felt pretty original to themselves.

Frontier

Staff member
I think any show that's a relatively original Superhero property runs the risk of whatever Rogues Gallery they come up with having similarities to villains from the Big Two, given how prolific they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts