Big Hero 6: The Series "Issue 188" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate & Discuss this "Big Hero 6" episode!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The long-awaited Big Hero 6: The Series is finally returning! Check out two new episodes, today starting at 9:00AM ET on the Disney Channel! Tune in tomorrow for two more episodes, and keep in mind new episodes are scheduled to air every Saturday through September!

bzbmFQP.jpg

Big Hero 6: The Series "Issue 188"
Episode Debut - June 9th, 2018

As Hiro tries to find a way to connect to classmate Karmi, Go Go and Fred dive deep into comic book mythology to defeat High Voltage, a mother-daughter supervillain duo.

*Guest starring are Katy Mixon (“American Housewife”) and Sophie Reynolds (“Gamer’s Guide to Pretty Much Everything”) as High Voltage’s Barb and Juniper; Sean Giambrone (“The Goldbergs”) as Fred’s geeky archrival Richardson Mole and Haley Tju (“Bella and the Bulldogs”) as Karmi.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Side-Note: If possible, please try and discuss the events of each new episode airing today in its respective talkback thread.

Lonestarr

Stop eating my sesame cake!
Staff member
- Oh, boy. They're doing the Cindy Vortex thing with Karmi. Yay. (Also, if she really doesn't see the similarities between hero Hiro and regular Hiro, she must be at nerd school as a charity case.)

- The idea of a mother-daughter duo that uses electricity and dance to commit crimes sounds fascinating in theory but is silly in practice.

- The whole sequence with Richardson was hilarious. You could see it coming miles away, but Gogo whaling on Whack-a-Fred was terrific.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Big Hero 6: The Series "Issue 188"

Yay! I love a new Marvel cartoon with a theme song!

High Voltage is lame but the animation on this show is dynamite. I could get used to 2-D fight scenes like this.

I like that the comic shop kid is impressed with Gogo's Fred-whacking abilities and Fred is "concerned".

This is the first regular episode of the series, which is designed to give us a feel for what the rest of the series is going to be like after the Pilot. This episode tells me I am going to like the rest of the series. ****1/2.

Frontier

Staff member
Hiro getting an intellectual rival at the school who also has a crush on his Superhero identity is a classic Superhero trope (as Fred reminded us), and with Hiro realizing the need for Karmi to have friends it'll be interesting to see how their relationship develops :).

Y'know, Karmi crushing on Hiro's Big Hero 6 identity made me wonder...does anyone on the team have actual codenames? I mean, their "codenames" are basically their nicknames which are probably commonly known, so I'm just wondering how the public acknowledge them other then as just collectively "Big Hero 6" o_O.

Poor Baymax was constantly getting fried the entire episode. Although at least he managed to catch Juniper ;).

I thought High Voltage was fun. A mother-daughter starlet duo who commit crimes through dancing and choreography is certainly not something you see everyday, and they really managed to give the team a good run for their money, and I thought their animation and powers were conveyed very well :cool:.

I also found it amusing that the general public became so in love with them that they didn't care about them breaking the law. I guess everyone is willing to forgive a pretty face :rolleyes2:.

Fred and GoGo's subplot seemed kind of pointless, even if Fred managed to inspire GoGo into figuring out how to stop High Voltage, but I imagine we'll probably see Fred's rival Robinson (and his hitting on GoGo) again :evil:.

For some reason Robinson reminded me a lot of Doc Ock from Marvel's Spider-Man. I kept expecting to hear Scott Menville doing his Doctor Octopus voice :p.

I actually do kind of wonder what the explicit element in the comic was for given it even freaked Fred out (violent death? Nudity?). GoGo wasn't bothered by it, but that's kind of in-character for her :sweat:.

Last edited:

Mr.O

I thought this was a very decent episode.

I Karmi could've been a lot more annoying then she ended up. I really like how, despite having it out for Hiro, she didn't become a cliched bully, a la Cindy Vortex. She really just keeps to herself, and her microbes. And props to the animators for the creepy atmosphere in her intro. It really worked, imo. That being said, I do hope she tones down her hostilities in the future. Probably becoming more of a snarky, almost friend, than an overtly mean/rude person.

It's hard for me to look at this genius school and not compare it to Horizon High/Spider Man. I'm so glad the cast does't use every other sentence to remind the audience how much they love Science. And Dean Granville comes of as much more of a professional take-charge authority than Max Model, imo. Which is why I find it strange that Karmi is allowed to work with such a dangerous virus. I guess much more precautions are taken here though.

As goofy as the High Voltage concept was. I think they pulled it of excellently, in regards to the characters and animation. They were very Kim Possible-esque, which really works here. I feel that if the writers can pull of this duo, then the show is in good hands.

Frontier

Staff member
It's hard for me to look at this genius school and not compare it to Horizon High/Spider Man. I'm so glad the cast does't use every other sentence to remind the audience how much they love Science. And Dean Granville comes of as much more of a professional take-charge authority than Max Model, imo. Which is why I find it strange that Karmi is allowed to work with such a dangerous virus. I guess much more precautions are taken here though.
It is kind of funny thinking about the similarities/differences between this show and Marvel's Spider-Man, although at least now they're going to be airing on different channels :p.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts