Big Hero 6: The Series "Failure Mode" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate & Discuss this "Big Hero 6" episode!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Check out a new episode of Big Hero 6: The Series, today at 9:00AM ET on the Disney Channel!

bzbmFQP.jpg

Big Hero 6: The Series "Failure Mode"

Episode Debut - June 23rd, 2018

Hiro becomes demoralized when his latest school project fails spectacularly; the team must take on the incompetent villain, Globby.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Frontier

Staff member
Hiro learning that he can't just skirt by in a genius college like he did in high school seemed like an obvious less he would have to learn at some point, and I'm glad that took in at the end ;).

I was wondering when the show would bring Tadashi back, if only in a flashback, so it was nice to see him again and to have him inspire Hiro through his own failures and perseverance :).

I see GoGo graduated from the Japanese school of knocking sense into someone, where the obvious solution is to just slap them :p.

Not surprised that we got a classic "robo tries to understand art and emotions" episode. I guess it does kind of reinforce that, for as advanced as Baymax's AI is, he's still a machine at the end of the day, though one that can still learn and adapt from what he sees :cool:.

It's kind of funny that Globby on the surface is probably the team's most pathetic villain yet he's also at the same time probably their most dangerous villain the more he gains control of his powers and eludes the team :ack:.

I also imagine Obake is going to make good use of him in the near future :evil:.

Honey Lemon forgot to mention her idol was also a scientist on-top of being an artist, which you'd think would've made Honey idolize her even more, though I guess that means it wasn't that well known an aspect of Shimamoto o_O.

I wonder what that diagram was for? Considering the painting, could it have been designed to prevent the Disaster from ever happening again :eek:?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Big Hero 6: The Series "Failure Mode"

Interesting ending.

When Honey Lemon says Baymax is being poetic, Baymax asks "What is poetry?" Plothole. If he didn't know, he would actually be asking "What is poetic?"

Globby's powers strike me as kind of sucky, but I definitely see the appeal of being able to turn yourself into delicious food you can eat. I just question the wisdom of letting strangers eat off bits of yourself.

Love Fred critiquing the "Gotta bounce" quip. It fits, but it could be better.

Pretty good. ***1/2.

ShadowBeast

A pretty good episode. It's not often to see the villain get away with something.
I'm betting that the catastrophe Honey Lemon mentioned was caused by whatever what hidden behind that painting.
I hope Karmi's grudge with Hiro will settle soon since she's only been unlikable and unsympathetic in her two appearances so far.
For someone who knows a lot about superheroes, You'd think Fred would make a lot more effort in keeping his identity a secret. Has anyone else notice that he unmask himself a lot in the series?

Frontier

Staff member
For someone who knows a lot about superheroes, You'd think Fred would make a lot more effort in keeping his identity a secret. Has anyone else notice that he unmask himself a lot in the series?
I noticed that in the episode where Fred went on to Hiro about secret identity shenanigans being part of being a Superhero, despite the fact that he was doing a terrible job of keeping his identity a secret :p.

Dudley

Staff member
Dang, I thought Globby was still human under all that goop. What an unfortunate fate, but wow. Out of all the shapeshifters I’ve seen, I’ve never seen one happily eat himself. He sure has become more powerful too. I look forward to seeing where this leads.

I think I’m starting to accept the fact that this show is done in Flash/Toonboom. It’s the only way to justify the animation being so stilted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts