"Big City Greens" News And Discussion Thread

ShadowBeast

Considering what happened in "Chipocalype Now", I hope the theme song will be updated since enough changes have taken place.

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
Considering what happened in "Chipocalype Now", I hope the theme song will be updated since enough changes have taken place.
Who knows. They might keep the same intro from the start.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Here's a clip from "Rent Control".

(IMHO and only that) Low expectations for this one - Gloria's not readily my favorite character to deal with, even after all that's happened/despite some positive developments for her, here and there.

Maybe it's because this plot seems too predictable, or something in that area, which is what's putting me on edge here for a show I'm otherwise quite OK with, as well. Maybe because after seeing Doug do this plot, and knowing how not OK I am with that show anymore, I don't want to see BCG go down this route. I want to see this show rise above such cliches, honestly.

Here's hoping from here on that a S3 for this show is justified and well-earned, because something about this isn't grabbing me in the way it needs to (.....The right one.).

UPDATE:
Yeah... After watching both segments, that's what I unfortunately mean: at least we know her failures aren't just nobody's fault but her own, but that is part of the problem I still have with Gloria as a character to focus on, after awhile.

(IMHO) Bill is always gonna be a better flawed character to focus on than Gloria is, honestly. These 2 newest segments for this season have proven that to me personally (111%). I can only hope someone else understands why I stand by this, as well. Besides anyone else in Bill's family, for another thing, digressions aside.

Last edited:

ShadowBeast

Nice small update with the theme song (still needs to add Nancy though).

Rent Control: I'm not a fan of this type of plot as it's usually awkward to watch, but it fits with Gloria's character, as I can see her hiding the truth of her failures from her parents. Still had some awkward scenes with Gloria trying to come up reasons for evidence of the Greens.
I wasn't expecting Gloria's parents to be the business types since they are from the suburbs. They were a lot less loving and more judgmental then I expected them to be, which explains why Gloria is stressed all the time.
Usually with this type of plot, the "liar" gets exposed (I'm surprised that Remy's parents didn't show up and expose the lie.), so Gloria revealing her lie on her own was unique, and it's nice that her parents realize that comparing her to her cousin was actually hurting her, and that they got a lot nicer and understanding in the the end.
I loved the small jokes like Cricket and Tilly doing the banana dance, Gloria's parrot doing the "canary in the coal mine" bit along with Gloria's response to it, Gloria's reaction of Emily's success(I wouldn't be surprised if Emily has a few lies of her own), and of course, the Ducktales reference.

Pool's Gold: This episode loses points for Gregly's appearance (seriously, what is up with that guy? Luckily his appearance was very small), but gains points for Nancy and Alice's jointly scheming together (I like how their scheme turns into and invitation). Otherwise, this is a typical Cricket doing something complicated episode, but with Nancy and Alice involved.
Bill's side-plot was alright. The residents going hero-worship on Bill was weird, but it's not the first time people of big city has done something like this.

Stumpos

Hey, guys. @NeoplanDan just uploaded the next week episode promo.

And mine too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You know if Big Hero 6 The Series were still airing on Disney Channel, they totally could've aired its series finale including a karaoke episode on the same day Big City Greens is airing its karaoke episode for a Disney animation karaoke hour.

I do wonder if Gloria's gonna appear though given how the promo does show the main 4 (Cricket, Tilly, Bill, and Gramma) are there as well as two of the three honorary main characters (Remy and Nancy) plus I'm sure Anna Akana is a good singer (Amphibia's Theme Song Takeover proves it).

Perla Magica

Digital Love
The first episode was good, I'm glad Gloria gets more focus like in last week's episode, moving forward with the small goals like asking out a guy she has a crush on yet barely knows him. Plus the timeline of this show is zig-zagged here, since it's a New Year's Eve episode that means we can't get a second Christmas episode.

The second episode was good too, especially the B-plot with Nancy and Tilly, it was adorable.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I'll admit so far if I'm being harsh on this show (despite there being a S3 on the way, which I'm OK with well enough.), it's because Cricket (especially) and Gloria (definitely) NEED all the POSITIVE character development they can get. At least with these recent 2 episodes after Chipocalypse Now, I'm starting to see it.

The other characters (especially Tilly and Bill - with Nancy and Gramma Alice trailing behind a little, but respectively still.) are still much more likable and what I tune in for and that ain't gonna change anytime soon, unfortunately. That doesn't mean I welcome the effort. S3 will be more than justified IMHO, if they can continue to keep THIS positive development up, especially for characters who need large doses of it (Gloria (because you'd be a fool not to anymore, Cricket esepcially because anything good that happens to him needs to feel earned again, not just slapped on at the end, like it was before.).

ShadowBeast

Bid Resolution: It seems the main focus on the rest of the season will be focusing on developing Gloria and getting her a new job and place to live. I would've figured things would get better for Gloria after last week's dealing with a huge source of her anxieties caused by her parents. But her luck went even worse with the huge humiliation of ruining New Years(I wonder if this episode was meant to have been played closer to New Year's) hopefully with the whole thing with Kevin dealt with here (I wonder if this is the only time we'll see of him since his comment before Gloria talked to him felt like it was gonna lead to something), things will start getting good for Gloria. I loved the Gloria cocooned herself scene.
The B plot with Bill, Nancy, and Alice was pretty good too, Nancy was right that Bill needed to step out of his comfort-zone and try new things.
I love how both plots hooked up for a bit and lead to Gloria and Bill going through with the things they were afraid of doing in the episode. Gloria finally asked Kevin out, and Bill joined Nancy and Alice. What Gloria feared came true, but it wasn't as bad as she feared, and Bill looked like he had fun and still kept caution enough to bring stuff to keep warm after the swim (I saw Nancy and Alice after coming out of the water coming).

Winter Green: This one was pretty good, I especially loved the ending. Remy should know by now not to take any ideas from Cricket without thinking them through first. But it seems that Remy has taken a liking to jumping into trouble, which lead to a Terminator episode, which Vasquez was perfect for the role. I'm surprised they were able to get any hits on him, but I guess since he wasn't in his right mind, he wasn't focused properly. Of course Cricket gets the karma he deserves and gets rolled into a snowball, then used as a snowman by his grandmother for using her as bait(that was a hilarious running gag).
The B plot with Nancy and Tilly was alright, Nancy obviously still has regrets about being in prison and missing so much time with her kids and still not seeing them as much as she would like to now. I hope she does eventually move in, so she get the time she wants with her kids.

SweetShop209

When Awestruck Vox did a video about Chip, he mentioned possibly doing a Gloria video. When Shane Houghton said he liked the video, he said that he should make the Gloria video at the end of season 2. I wonder what could happen.

PM13

When Awestruck Vox did a video about Chip, he mentioned possibly doing a Gloria video. When Shane Houghton said he liked the video, he said that he should make the Gloria video at the end of season 2. I wonder what could happen.
He hinted something very big.

ShadowBeast

Mages and Mazes: Gumball did this type of plot better, but this was still a very entertaining episode. It was also nice seeing Kiki play a big role in an episode, without simply being a part of a group of Cricket's friends.
It made sense that Cricket would not have the patience for a Dungeons & Dragons type of game. And it didn't take long to realize that Remy was showing no mercy as a game-master when every kept rolling just below the required numbers. I like the lesson that rules are needed, but there can be too many rules as well. I was relieved that Remy didn't get scot-free of any blame since he pretty much started the conflict in the first place.

Okay Karaoke: Not as good as the previous episode as I felt that Tilly's issues felt forced and could've easily been resolved by someone suggesting she just try one song and try a new one the next time she gets to sing.

ShadowBeast

Date Night: This was a pretty cute episode. My only gripe was Bill's behavior, but I guess it was only done to cause a some tension. I think this is the best episode with Gabriella since it lacked that awkwardness-scenes the previous episodes she was in. I liked the responses Cricket had about having a girlfriend. Gabriella herself isn't too bad of a character. She has a mean-streak in her, but she has some manners to not blurt out any issues she has right away like Cricket would. The fact that Bill and Cricket have their own facial expressions on when either something's up or wrong was funny. And the episode ended nicely with all three cleaning up the mess they while enjoying themselves by making a little more.

The Room: I enjoyed this one. Gloria and Alice make for good trouble. Their "bring a reality show into real-life" was fun to watch and a whole lot more realistic than actual reality shows. Bill having to go fix the cable helped let Cricket and Tilly go crazy without anyone stopping them. I was thinking that the storm that Bill heard was gonna lead to something, but I guess it was meant to signal the storm happening inside the house. I would've thought Gloria would have the common sense of knowing when things have gone too far (especially when Cricket and Tilly marked her and Alice), but it seems like she's been around the Greens for too long ;),she's let out her own type of crazy. Figures Alice would realize that enough is enough once damage has been done to her house. Gloria's craziness actually helped Cricket and Tilly realize that they need to compromise with each other, but at the same time she wasn't helping when she tried to force one of them to be voted out of the room. Luckily Alice knocked some sense into her by twisting her choice by rewarding the loser with having to live in the basement with Gloria. Seriously, Gloria has given me a Squidward-vibe to her before, but this not only made me think of Squidward, but the fact that Cricket and Tilly were ecstatic about moving in with her made them like Spongebob and Patrick.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts