"Big City Greens" News And Discussion Thread

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
It's better late than never. Big City Greens is getting season 3.

And the doubters and haters have been bought out in spades. Unlike what people outside of here tell me, this show actually is popular with its target audience(s), so it only makes perfect sense to keep on going, honestly.
I will be tuning in when I get the free time, that's for sure - although we gotta get thru what's left of S2, first.

Stumpos

Nice knowing the series is continuing for a third season, though now I wonder what kept them from announcing it before season 2 premiered like Disney TVA has been doing with most season renewals since 2015 (Milo Murphy's Law and Pickle and Peanut being the only exceptions). It's the first season renewal since Milo Murphy's Law season 2 announcement in February 2017 where it was announced after the current season began.

And I think only reason people assumed the show was gonna end after season 2 was cause Ducktales was also in a similar state where it was popular and not given a season renewal until it was confirmed to be canned after 3 seasons despite the creators being willing to do another season.

Action!

It's good to know the show has been renewed for a third season. It's a great series.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
As glad as I am to see "Chipocalypse Now" resolve itself on a High Tier note (IMHO), I feel trouble is ahead with Gloria moving in - then again, Cricket has been terrible to her from the beginning, so this qualifies as justice. Too bad I don't like Gloria that much and this only looks to not make her look any better than Cricket, who is a terrible MC to focus too much on (again, IMHO). I can only hope these writers can otherwise prove me wrong and continue to develop these characters for the better (especially Cricket, but don't skimp on Gloria, either. Please and thank you.).

TIlly is best character, as usual. Nothing else to say beyond that from me - here's hoping what's left of S2 and the upcoming S3 is worth all of this, going forward, honestly.

ShadowBeast

Chipocalypse Now: A satisfying episode to the cliffhanger we got a few months ago. My only disappointment is that Chip's father wasn't involved with helping take Chip down permanently. Which probably means that we probably haven't seen the last of Chip Whistler despite his banishment from Big City. He still owns the company as far as we know, and he'll probably try to take down the city itself in order to destroy the Greens now.
Bill's reluctances to fight to keep his home fits with his character and it was understandable since there was probably even more against him than when he lost his farm. But it great that Tilly was able to knock some sense into him. It was also great that we got to see more backstory on Nancy's original arrest and that it wasn't just cows she was trying to help. It seems like she's gotten more responsible with trying to go by the proper channels by going to the Mayor for help.
Wasn't expecting Gloria to be working at the new Wholesome Foods store, not because she hates the guy(well, partly that reason), but I wasn't expecting Chip to willingly hire her. She temporarily became an antagonist(but she needed to make money to keep living in Big City, so she had no choice), but I like how quickly she not only redeemed herself, but she managed to join in the fight in a way by taking down that security-woman with her. And it seems like she'll get a little more focus now that she's living with the Greens now. I actually saw her losing her apartment coming(well I theorized that it would happen). I wonder if she'll eventually be seen as a member of the Greens?

The main purpose of this plot seems to be to show that despite not being seen as city folk, the Greens are actually liked by a lot of people. That, and that our politicians are spineless cowards.

Also, I'm sure there's gonna be a plot about the building where Big Coffee used to be.

Last edited:

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Chipocalypse Now: A satisfying episode to the cliffhanger we got a few months ago. My only disappointment is that Chip's father wasn't involved with helping take Chip down permanently. Which probably means that we probably haven't seen the last of Chip Whistler despite his banishment from Big City. He still owns the company as far as we know, and he'll probably try to take down the city itself in order to destroy the Greens now.
Bill's reluctances to fight to keep his home fits with his character and it was understandable since there was probably even more against him than when he lost his farm. But it great that Tilly was able to knock some sense into him. It was also great that we got to see more backstory on Nancy's original arrest and that it wasn't just cows she was trying to help. It seems like she's gotten more responsible with trying to go by the proper channels by going to the Mayor for help.
Wasn't expecting Gloria to be working at the new Wholesome Foods store, not because she hates the guy(well, partly that reason), but I wasn't expecting Chip to willingly hire her. She temporarily became an antagonist(but she needed to make money to keep living in Big City, so she had no choice), but I like how quickly she not only redeemed herself, but she managed to join in the fight in a way by taking down that security-woman with her. And it seems like she'll get a little more focus now that she's living with the Greens now. I actually saw her losing her apartment coming(well I theorized that it would happen). I wonder if she'll eventually be seen as a member of the Greens?

The main purpose of this plot seems to be to show that despite not being seen as city folk, the Greens are actually liked by a lot of people. That, and that our politicians are spineless cowards.

Also, I'm sure there's gonna be a plot about the building where Big Coffee used to be.
I kinda wonder if they gonna update the intro in next episode since the Big Coffee building is now for rent.

PM13

Me too. I was hoping his father would find out what he did.

Me too. I was hoping his father would find out what he did.
Other than that, I was an amazing episode

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts