"Big City Greens" News And Discussion Thread

ShadowBeast

Shark Objects: Cricket definitely gets his trouble-making personality from Nancy. I thought Nancy didn't want want her kids becoming like her(in the trouble-making department)? Cricket's prank would've probably be a lot less of a problem without his mother's advice. The episode being about Nancy learning to be a responsible parent reminds me so much of that DuckTales episode where Della grounds Louie. I love how Nancy's talking to and punishing herself actually helped punish Cricket as well. I also loved the cute little crab that helped Bill out.

Dream Weavers: I can't be the only one who thought of that Spongebob episode where Spongebob invaded everyone's dreams with this episode. In fact, it's a shame this episode couldn't widen the cast and see their dreams. I like how despite Cricket learning his lesson, he payed for it even further by having stayed up all night and being dragged out of the house by his well-rested family.

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
"Shark Objects:" I love the beach, so I'm probably biased towards this episode, but I enjoyed it. I like episodes where each of the characters goes off and does their own thing. Sure I wouldn't want it this way in every episode, but used sparingly, it can make for some entertaining stories. I found Nancy's self-deprecating talk to be amusing and Bill's "Responsibility is No Joke" shirt got a laugh out of me. I didn't care much for the Gramma/sea gull plot.

"Dream Weavers:" A hilarious episode. All three of the character's dreams were just bizarre and great! I honestly can't pick a favorite. Bill being an anthropomorphic truck reminded me too much of Cars. I probably didn't go thirty seconds without laughing. That's all I think I can say. Definitely one of my favorites of the season so far.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Shark Objects: Cricket definitely gets his trouble-making personality from Nancy. I thought Nancy didn't want want her kids becoming like her(in the trouble-making department)? Cricket's prank would've probably be a lot less of a problem without his mother's advice. The episode being about Nancy learning to be a responsible parent reminds me so much of that DuckTales episode where Della grounds Louie. I love how Nancy's talking to and punishing herself actually helped punish Cricket as well. I also loved the cute little crab that helped Bill out.

Dream Weavers: I can't be the only one who thought of that Spongebob episode where Spongebob invaded everyone's dreams with this episode. In fact, it's a shame this episode couldn't widen the cast and see their dreams. I like how despite Cricket learning his lesson, he payed for it even further by having stayed up all night and being dragged out of the house by his well-rested family.

"Shark Objects:" I love the beach, so I'm probably biased towards this episode, but I enjoyed it. I like episodes where each of the characters goes off and does their own thing. Sure I wouldn't want it this way in every episode, but used sparingly, it can make for some entertaining stories. I found Nancy's self-deprecating talk to be amusing and Bill's "Responsibility is No Joke" shirt got a laugh out of me. I didn't care much for the Gramma/sea gull plot.

"Dream Weavers:" A hilarious episode. All three of the character's dreams were just bizarre and great! I honestly can't pick a favorite. Bill being an anthropomorphic truck reminded me too much of Cars. I probably didn't go thirty seconds without laughing. That's all I think I can say. Definitely one of my favorites of the season so far.

Great critiques from both of you.

Cricket may be (IMHO, anyway.) a terrible character and I'd rather this show focus a majority of its attention on Tilly, instead. However, the main reason I haven't turned on this show yet (and hopefully won't ever, as in I'll hopefully be seeing it through to the end...)? Cricket suffers for such wrongful actions/behavior, and IT. IS. DOWNRIGHT. WONDERFULLY. HILARIOUS.
That isn't all I want to be watching this show for, though (as it can and will get old real fast, honestly.), otherwise I unfortunately see why people diss on it / dismiss it as nothing is easily, too.

Regardless, BCG is still better and more endearing/funnier than anything Victor and Valentino has done and will ever hope to do (hence why I ain't watching that Garbage Tier excuse for a show anymore!), IMHO.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
Cricket might be a bit annoying but there are definitely way worse characters like Angelica from Rugrats which is the main reason I don’t like that show anymore because she is way more malicious than funny and the babies are too flat to compensate for Angelica. Cricket is more like Bart Simpson who is a bit unlikeable but still funny and the other characters are deep enough to balance Bart’s character.

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
Cricket might be a bit annoying but there are definitely way worse characters like Angelica from Rugrats which is the main reason I don’t like that show anymore because she is way more malicious than funny and the babies are too flat to compensate for Angelica. Cricket is more like Bart Simpson who is a bit unlikeable but still funny and the other characters are deep enough to balance Bart’s character.
Try comparing Vic from V & V, who's like Cricket but far worse.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

Zanneck

Try comparing Vic from V & V, who's like Cricket but far worse.

No, Vic is just worthless. There's at least some good in Cricket, which is what keeps this show actually watchable for me.

Heck, a worse comparison to make to this show is Kick Buttowski. Seriously, compared to this show, which I'm more than OK with (dirt and grit and all), NONE of the characters in that show were likable (except for maybe Brianna, who was a spoiled brat... so yeah.). NONE of them.

Last edited:

ShadowBeast

Level Up: Now this was a good episode with Cricket not being a complete jerk. This also had good character development with Bill's loss of his farm having a effect on him. The online battle of destroying Bill's virtual farm was fun to watch. Cricket's idea of increasing the crop-range and the Big Coffee Owner letting them to use their roof was a great way to solve Bill's dilemma and end the episode.

Wild Side: This.........wasn't as good as Level Up. Cricket is back to being savage, though Cricket wanting to be in the wild and to camp was at least a better excuse than his usual antics, and Bill was at fault for making the camping experience as fake as he was going. The message was good, but it could've been handled better than ruining a play for people.
On the plus side, we got o see what Tilly inherited from her mother.

Zanneck

Wild Side Was all kinds of hilariously stupid and awesome... Hard to admit, because Cricket is nothing but trouble as usual, but they're actually funny and endearing at the end with it, making it work in a way that means something.

I can recommend Level Up as well, but not as much. However, positive character development (Bill) at the end of the day always is a plus, so there's that.

RainbowCupcake

Staff member
"Level Up:" I quite enjoyed this one. The bad 3D graphics in the farm game was funny in of itself. Seeing all the characters in the video game created from the same model just added onto the hilarity. I loved how Tilly kept trying to pet the lamb and ended up discovering a secret mode because of it. The chicken sea spilling out from the barn was also hilarious. I appreciate how Cricket served as more of the problem solver in this episode as opposed to the problem causer. It mixed things up a bit. The ending was also heartwarming and Bill getting excited about farming terminology was cute. A solid episode overall.

"Wild Side:" Deplorable episode. Absolutely hated it. I'd go as far as to say it's one of the worst in the series thus far.

The concept of Cricket going "savage" was so ridiculously stupid. No real reason was given for it; it's just something that randomly happens every year for the sake of the plot. Cricket's "wild" antics were uncomfortable to watch. What's funny about hearing him scream and strip down and walk around basically as a dumb cave man? The writers try and make him act really crazy to be comedic but it comes off as annoying and flat-out disturbing. Seeing him breathe on Remy and then carry him away in his mouth like prey was just...wrong. At first I thought the episode might actually be about camping, which could have been fun, but I never expected this. And Tilly and Nancy felt like they were thrown in solely to fill time. At the end of the episode, I figured Cricket would turn back to normal, but then Bill decides out of nowhere to become wild too (what?? This was never hinted at or anything) and then the episode ends with the whole family becoming wild. So...does anyone ever turn back to normal? Is there supposed to be some kind of message or moral here, because I can't find one at all. The ONLY thing I enjoyed about this episode was Tilly's scary story, but even that wasn't that amazing.

I'm baffled as to why anyone thought that this was a good episode to produce.

Last edited:

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
I'm a bit late into the party but heck I'm gonna chime in on this:
Level Up - B (86/100)
I would say that this was one of the good episodes, having the episode to be built upon with the reference to CGI and simulator games, and this was one of the only episodes of Season 2 that we finally see Cricket doing something good for a slight change, a rather minor departure from his idiotic shenanigans, he at least realized that Bill was stuck on this farm simulator and how it affected him from focusing on his regular everyday duties and Cricket felt that he needs to fix it in all by means of sabotaging his virtual farm setup in order to get him out, sure that this saddened Bill even more now that he had to go back and finish the crop like he did before being hooked onto the game. The ending was heartwarming to see that Cricket and the rest of the Greens pitched in to surprising him with a rooftop garden.

Wild Side - F (58/100)

TBH i couldn't find anything in this episode that i like beside only Tilly and Nancy's moments and seeing them ever being close is the only thing that i can take. The rest: pitiful, i didn't see any good reason for Remy and Bill to fall under Cricket's idiotic shenanigans once again, I'm somewhat disheartened on Bill being degraded into subjecting to this. And while the rest just stupid. I guess I won't be bothering with this no time soon.

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active

Says mid season finale. Even though Chris previously stated 30 half hours.
Correction: Chris didn't list anything, but rather Shane did. (Plus Chris's Twitter account is deleted)

Last edited:

RainbowCupcake

Staff member
"Garage Tales:" A very cool episode. I absolutely loved the concept of Alice telling the kids all of these epic, fabricated stories from her past, then Bill telling them what actually happened at the episode's end. Alice's love story was super sweet, and the last shot of her looking at the old picture was a great way to close the episode. I also chuckled at Cricket being the "maybe baby."

"Animal Farm:" Nice title; I love when titles can be references to other works. Another episode with a creative concept. I enjoyed seeing the little monarchy that the animals had created among themselves; it really was like Animal Farm. The side story was...okay. The Bill Green doppelganger was pretty amusing, but the whole idea of randomly having a Bill clone was kind of weird. I didn't see the point of it.

Both were great episodes, but I liked "Garage Tales" slightly more.

Zanneck

I can proudly consider both Garage Tales and Animal Farm to be the TRUE GOLD STANDARD for this show an examples of what happens when you don't always focus on Cricket, honestly.
You get some very close to God Tier material for this show.

I don't know if anything after this will truly match it, going forward - and maybe that's for the best. I have to say that barely anything before these segments (in S1, for example.) comes close to being THIS level of truly great, either - well, except for maybe Family Legacy, which was a S1 segment...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts