"Beware the Batman" News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Beware The Batman is the 2013-2014 animated series based on the iconic Caped Crusader airing as part of DC Nation on Cartoon Network. The CGI-animated series is headlined by Glen Murakami and Mitch Watson. Further details are below.

Stay tuned for further updates.

Beware the Batman Description:

A cool, new take on the classic Dark Knight franchise, Beware the Batman incorporates Batman's core characters with a rogues gallery of new villains not previously seen in animated form. Along with backup from ex-secret agent Alfred and lethal swordstress Katana, the Dark Knight faces the twisted machinations of Gotham City's criminal underworld led by the likes of Anarky, Professor Pyg, Mister Toad and Magpie. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, this action-packed detective thriller deftly redefines what we have come to know as a 'Batman show.'Â Featuring cutting-edge CGI visuals to match the intricate twists and turns of the narrative, Batman steps out of the shadows and into the spotlight for an entirely new generation of fans. With WBA's Sam Register executive producing, and Batman Beyond's Glen Murakami and Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated's Mitch Watson producing, Beware the Batman, based on characters from DC Comics, is coming soon to Cartoon Network!

Stay tuned to The World's Finest for further updates!

Previous Updates:

Home Entertainment Releases
September 30, 2014

Mod Note: Please note the spoiler designation applies to episodes that have officially debuted in the United States, the series' primary intended audience as dictated by its broadcasters and producers. Please keep details from episodes which have debuted in international markets or in alternative media not considered its primary outlet under spoiler tags. Additionally, discussion of illegally uploaded material is prohibited here.

d3rd3vil

Ah good and it says: 26 episodes! Very good....I don't live in the UK but I just had a look. All 26 episodes are already listed. Is it possible to watch them all already???

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Loglines for the current unaired episodes of Beware The Batman have been released and can be found at The World's Finest. But - please note - these loglines contain MAJOR SPOILERS, so read at your own risk.

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
Considering what this show purportedly set out to do, I find it a bit ironic that the two biggest storylines in Beware ultimately involve opponents that I think anyone would consider familiar. Still, it looks like the best part of the show definitely lies ahead, which makes Cartoon Network's negligent and farcical treatment of it more than annoying now. Seriously, just get it done.

Something that's interesting: to date we've seen Batman at odds with Gordon, & if anything it appears the series is going to double down on his adversarial relationship with law enforcement & the city government. The best analogy for this might well turn out to be Oliver Queen's vigilante status in The CW's Arrow. That'd be a significant divergence from what other animated series have depicted in the past.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Great... except it's on Amazon Prime, which isn't so great. Even with all 26 episodes of Beware the Batman, I still don't want to join that service.

I guess this means Cartoon Network UK didn't want the series either. A shame really.

Hordesman

slashor
I think the timing was bad. This show was made to tie into a movie series that's over and batman's 75th machine took over. I'm so pumped to see the rest of this show.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Judging by those episode summaries, it looks like things are going to get interesting.

Wasn't expecting Humpty Dumpty to make a return, or the addition of Killer Croc. I'm guessing Man-Bat (I think he was confirmed to appear on the show) will show up in "Doppelganger". Also, Deathstroke. :D Maybe my "theory" on his origin in this show was right.

Hordesman

slashor
Deathstroke is pretty high priority right now with arrow and Arkham origins but you lurkers out there should know he wasn't the only figure in that wave that bbts had to restock.

Nightwing26

Deathstroke is pretty high priority right now with arrow and Arkham origins but you lurkers out there should know he wasn't the only figure in that wave that bbts had to restock.

Could you please drop some hints on what exactly you're talking about, simply because I don't know what you're talking about and would really, really like to know. Thanks in advance!

the_joker

Certainly didn't expect Deathstroke to appear in the show. Looking forward to the rest of the show if the episodes can ever be viewed somehow. I'm hoping that Ron Perlman will voice Deathstroke again, but that doesn't seem likely.

Hordesman

slashor
Deathstroke has several current/upcoming action figures in circulation from Mattel and DC Collectibles in lines such as Batman Unlimited, Batman Power Attack, Arrow and Arkham Origins. The second wave of DCC's Arkham Origins line is Deathstroke, Killer Croc, Deadshot, Firefly and Anarky. Online retailer big bad toystore recently restocked two figures from this assortment, Deathstroke and Anarky.

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
Well...that's interesting. Beware the Batman is apparently headed for the Toonami block at 3 AM.

https://twitter.com/SwimToonami/status/456558773142712321

This is good for the block and it's better than nothing, but this also means that this is the first Batman cartoon normal Cartoon Network has apparently outright declined to finish. Meanwhile on Batman's 75th anniversary, you have two commemorative shorts premiering with Teen Titans Go and not new episodes of this at a time kids would be watching. I'll say it again, this is farcical.

I don't know, this show's life is one bizarre story. This is a thrown-under-the-bus scenario where Cartoon Network is concerned, I don't understand it. Maybe one day we'll learn what the heck went on behind the scenes here.

Edit: Justin DeMarco confirms here that they will be airing all 26 episodes. It starts May 10, which means we're into broadcast premieres starting with episode 12 on July 26 if my reckoning is right.

mrbean1500

As much as I like Beware The Batman, I'm not staying up till 3am to watch it... which is probably what CN was hoping for.

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
this also means that this is the first Batman cartoon normal Cartoon Network has apparently outright declined to finish.

Well, that's not entirely accurate. As I recall, Cartoon Network only ran the first season and a half (plus the movie) of The Batman. It didn't run in full on cable until it was thrown to Boomerang.

Coach McGuirk

So the show supposedly had disappointing ratings in its Saturday morning time slot, and the remedy is to air it at 3AM....? This feels like a move where CN has absolutely no interest in the show and just wants to get the series done and over with at a time when no one will see it. I still fail to see what's so embarrassing about the show that it deserves such treatment. But hey, I'm all for it, as long as it means that the sooner the show airs, the sooner we can look forward to the second DVD/Bluray release.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Well, that's not entirely accurate. As I recall, Cartoon Network only ran the first season and a half (plus the movie) of The Batman.

I think that was their comittment to the show... the first two season and the movie, before moving it to Boomerang for a little while.

And it was a Kids WB show, so it's not really the same thing.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts