Best and Worst of Nickelodeon in 2019

Asa

Since the end of 2019 and the 2010's decade is coming to a close in a few weeks, what were the best and worst decisions Nickelodeon did this year?

RainbowCupcake

Oh shut up you're so annoying!
My answer hasn't changed much from last year.
Best: I guess new SpongeBob episodes? I'm not even going to say The Casagrandes because it's just another spin-off.
Worst: EVERYTHING ELSE.

Last edited:

Spacething7474

Little Deviants is NINE years old now!?!
Minnesota. Or maybe Wisconsin. Or maybe Iowa.
Best:
Season 5 of Henry Danger is hilarious.
Game Shakers‘ last episodes were good.
Lego City Adventures and Lego Jurassic World.
The trailer for Sponge On The Run.
SpongeBob season 12.
All That season 11.
Pinky Malinky finally coming out.
Nick's deal with Netflix.
AlVINNN!!! And The Chipmunks is still on the network after 4 years.

Worst:
Rise Of The TMNT being sent to Nicktoons.
Game Shakers being held over for almost a year.
Henry Danger ending production.
Every other sitcom they aired this year ended.
The sudden interest in all these unscripted programs.
The Casagrandes is just as annoying as The Loud House.

Last edited:

ToonsJazzLover

This thread doesn’t have that much activity but I’m just going to post the longer version of from my Tweets. (I’ll post it if you want the visuals)
PROS:
+Improved management (for the most part). Yes if you ignore the bad decisions, I think it’s slowly improving.
+Their revivals are faithful to the original series especially Are You Afraid of the Dark? And Blue’s Clues and You. All That is the lesser good revival due to its flaws but the actors are mostly good and bringing back some old faces help.
+I know the girl has some fans, but I’m kinda happy at the Reduced JoJo Siwa screentime (outside of her own specials) after May once she start touring for one reason. i felt like Nick was focusing on her way too much during late 2017-2018, but thankfully they’re being careful not to overuse her, even if there’s three specials (a 1.5 year gap after her first Nick special). On a positive note, Celebrate is an okay song and it puts you on a good mood.
+Their online content is a breath of fresh air. As you can tell, they’re not as cringeworthy and pandering as the ones from last years. The people they hired to do their Youtube content are also a nice break/replacement from the JoJo Fever (especially the LeBlanc Sisters) and their on camera presentation are way funnier and more natural.
+Animated content is still decent (Casagrandes and Middle School Moguls as well as some acquired shows) and going strong even if they’re a bit lacking. Of course people were too busy focusing on the negatives to notice them.
+On another note, I think their live-action content is their best and most tolerable in years (the revival and Camp Nick). Once Henry Danger ends, I’ll declare the beginning of Nick sitcoms revival being good again (I may be too old for those shows but I just wish they weren’t so loud and pandering to the demographics)

NEUTRAL:
+/- SpongeBob’s 20th anniversary. While I like how it’s honored and branded, the Best Year Ever name doesn’t do it for me (due to unfortunate events)
+/- Brian Robbins so far is an alright president but he really needs to win people over.

CONS:
-Scheduling becomes more disappointing as the year goes on. I get the excuse, it’s been a rough year for SpongeBob fans, but marathoning it isn’t a good filler especially they already wasted their abbreviated NickJr schedule just to air it more. On a sad note it was actually better during the first 6 months
-Glitch Techs being delayed to 2020 and halting production all of a sudden. Animation is expensive and all, but when you have a show sitting for so long, I start to feel bad fo the people who worked so hard to get this released.
-Moving Rise of the TMNT to Nicktoons. Maybe it’s two reasons: it’s an action show and have continuity (of course it does) and it was picked up by Cyma in 2017 before Robbins was even President. Still it’s no excuse and like Harvey Beaks the show’s fandom started to grow the moment this got shafted
-the outrage when the SpongeBob spin-offs and Baby Shark were announced around the same week. Arguably the worst thing that happened to Nick this year. Because people are so quick to be negative than positive to something, they exaggerate the situation and acts like Nick is doomed again. SpongeBob fans already hate Brian Robbins’ guts and for me I won’t support Kamp Koral anyway.

Last edited:

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
This thread doesn’t have that much activity but I’m just going to post the longer version of from my Tweets. (I’ll post it if you want the visuals)
PROS:
+Improved management (for the most part). Yes if you ignore the bad decisions, I think it’s slowly improving.
+Their revivals are faithful to the original series especially Are You Afraid of the Dark? And Blue’s Clues and You. All That is the lesser good revival due to its flaws but the actors are mostly good and bringing back some old faces help.
+I know the girl has some fans, but I’m kinda happy at the Reduced JoJo Siwa screentime (outside of her own specials) after May once she start touring for one reason. i felt like Nick was focusing on her way too much during late 2017-2018, but thankfully they’re being careful not to overuse her, even if there’s three specials (a 1.5 year gap after her first Nick special). On a positive note, Celebrate is an okay song and it puts you on a good mood.
+Their online content is a breath of fresh air. As you can tell, they’re not as cringeworthy and pandering as the ones from last years. The people they hired to do their Youtube content are also a nice break/replacement from the JoJo Fever (especially the LeBlanc Sisters) and their on camera presentation are way funnier and more natural.
+Animated content is still decent (Casagrandes and Middle School Moguls as well as some acquired shows) and going strong even if they’re a bit lacking. Of course people were too busy focusing on the negatives to notice them.
+On another note, I think their live-action content is their best and most tolerable in years (the revival and Camp Nick). Once Henry Danger ends, I’ll declare the beginning of Nick sitcoms revival being good again (I may be too old for those shows but I just wish they weren’t so loud and pandering to the demographics)

NEUTRAL:
+/- SpongeBob’s 20th anniversary. While I like how it’s honored and branded, the Best Year Ever name doesn’t do it for me (due to unfortunate events)
+/- Brian Robbins so far is an alright president but he really needs to win people over.

CONS:
-Scheduling becomes more disappointing as the year goes on. I get the excuse, it’s been a rough year for SpongeBob fans, but marathoning it isn’t a good filler especially they already wasted their abbreviated NickJr schedule just to air it more. On a sad note it was actually better during the first 6 months
-Glitch Techs being delayed to 2020 and halting production all of a sudden. Animation is expensive and all, but when you have a show sitting for so long, I start to feel bad fo the people who worked so hard to get this released.
-Moving Rise of the TMNT to Nicktoons. Maybe it’s two reasons: it’s an action show and have continuity (of course it does) and it was picked up by Cyma in 2017 before Robbins was even President. Still it’s no excuse and like Harvey Beaks the show’s fandom started to grow the moment this got shafted
-the outrage when the SpongeBob spin-offs and Baby Shark were announced around the same week. Arguably the worst thing that happened to Nick this year. Because people are so quick to be negative than positive to something, they exaggerate the situation and acts like Nick is doomed again. SpongeBob fans already hate Brian Robbins’ guts and for me I won’t support Kamp Koral anyway.
Wait, is that you, @FelixReviews?

The Overlord

My answer hasn't changed much from last year.
Best: I guess new SpongeBob episodes? I'm not even going to say The Casagrandes because it's just another spin-off.
Worst: EVERYTHING ELSE.

I noticed you had more nice things to say about Cartoon Network and Disney Channel in their 2019 threads. I think this shows that Nick has been treating its animated content the worst, out of the big 3. Cartoon Network only airs animation, so of coarse it's doing more justice to its animated content than Nick, but Disney airs Live Action and animated content and is doing better than Nick in terms of honoring its animated content.

How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Asa
The second Lego Movie will have it's Cartoon Network premiere on Feburary 15.
The theme song for The Mighty Ones is sung by Fryda Wolff (Bats) and Jessica McKenna (Rocksy).

I'm watched the Godzilla vs kong trailer
He made a 6 hour video talking about every Simpsons episode.

Featured Posts