Best and worst animated content of 2021

The Overlord

Since its the last day of 2021, what you think was the best and worst animated content of 2021?

CBR released its best animated shows of 2021 list:

In terms of worst, I heard Santa Inc was bad.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
My favorite new animations of 2021:

Jellystone!
Raya and the Last Dragon
Kid Cosmic
Elliott from Earth
Ghost and Molly McGee

Continuing series:

Close Enough
Summer Camp Island
Owl House

JoeMabbon

Superintendent
Best (In order):
  • Kid Cosmic
    • Dozens of well-worn superhero tropes combined with likable characters and an appealing design aesthetic.
  • What if...?
    • Far and away the best Marvel cartoon in years that mixes episodic and serialized storytelling.
  • SSSS.Dynazenon
    • Like it's predecessor, a mecha/kaiju story that twists and turns familiar genre tropes.
  • The Mitchells vs The Machines
    • A family comedy with sharp writing, engaging characters, and kinetic animation.
  • Amphibia
    • The season 2 finale and season 3 successfully draw on and build on everything that came before.
  • Invincible
    • Dozens of well-worn superhero tropes combined with compelling drama and an okay aesthetic.
  • The Ghost and Molly McGee
    • Just a solidly fun, little show.
  • The first two acts of Raya and the Last Dragon
    • Stellar worldbuilding and aesthetics are ultimately let down by a bland climax and ending.
  • Fire Force
    • While it doesn't quite live up to Season 1, the action is still fun and the story engaging.
  • The first two acts of Demon Slayer: Infinity Train
    • An interesting setting and concept that gives way to standard shounen action.

Worst (In no particular order):
  • Back Arrow
    • Somehow manages to be both confusing and boilerplate at the same time.
  • Centaurworld
    • A relatively simple, overdesigned show that thinks it's much smarter than it is.
  • Dogs in Space
    • The most intensely bland show I've seen in quite some time.
  • The third act of My Little Pony: A New Generation
    • Standard animated family film that devolves into shlock.
Edit: Now I'm going to attempt to do one-sentence summaries. God help me.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

what happened to Nostalgialodeon twitter user? Now it shows as twitter account doesn't exist

Bella/Big from Polly Pocket reminds me of Big Barda from DC Superhero Girls 2015, being a physically strong character who's initially antagonistic before becoming a friend to the main characters, and showing a softer side. Rhona Rees even seems to channel a voice similar to Misty Lee. I know Shea Fontana developed both shows, but still.
Asa wrote on kanc's profile.
I’m hoping the first Madagascar movie finally airs on Nickelodeon this year. They’ve only played the sequels so far.
Feels like I’m the only person who uses Opera

This song made me realize how it's rare for most projects to pair up Goofy and Daisy, yet they play well off of each other.

Featured Posts