"Ben 10 (2016 Series)" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

SoundDestroyer

Setting new ways to follow
YAAASS!! Rex is back!! Let's Go!
It feels weird that Providence gets a twist.
I'm excited for all 3 specials, especially for Rex's one!
Off-topic: Do you think Rex is coming to HBO Max? I heard that CN written off this show in 2013, and the chances that is coming is slim:(
I'm definitely won't be happy about this.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Getting to see the Secret Saturdays again would be such a treat. I don't recall liking the crossover with Ben 10 that much, but just having Cartoon Network remembering that the series exists would be so nice.

SoundDestroyer

Getting to see the Secret Saturdays again would be such a treat. I don't recall liking the crossover with Ben 10 that much, but just having Cartoon Network remembering that the series exists would be so nice.
Didn't you meant to say Generator Rex instead of the Secret Saturdays?

Frontier

Staff member
I'll admit I haven't watched much from this version of Ben 10 but Generator Rex showing up sounds cool and I plan on checking out at least that Special. I wonder what the chances are for the Secret Saturdays to also show up, eventually.
I also wonder if they're planning to do a spinoff with the new version of Rex :)?

Frontier

Staff member

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Guess we'll see if the Generator Rex one does well and then the team if they wish to could probably get away with doing a Generator Rex one. I think Cartoon Network doesn't really want to reference and talk about older shows or series but if one of their current popular shows wants to they'll allow it. See Teen Titans Go getting away with making a Freakazoid crossover. And so long as Ben 10 stays popular I could see it getting away with crossovers... huh wonder how come sans OK KO's "Okay Let's Be Heroes" CN never tried pushing either the TTG or Ben 10 team for a more straight on crossover of those two shows?

SoundDestroyer

Man, cartoony chibi Rex looks so weird. Same with Six's porportions o_O.

Well, Bobo looks the same and John DiMaggio is already there, so that's one confirmed reprisal :p.

I guess the villain is Hex, but will Van Kleiss show up? Is Six hunting Rex for Prodivence :confused:?
I dunno, for me, the style looks too "childish" for Rex and the gang.
Remember, that the one of the best things about Rex was its art style.
No, as far as i know, Ben 10 Wiki states that Providence is anti-villian, and according to TV Tropes: An Anti-Villain is the opposite of an Anti-Hero — a character with heroic goals, personality traits, and/or virtues who is ultimately the villain. Their desired ends are mostly good, but their means of getting there range from evil to undesirable. So maybe.

OFF-TOPIC: Also Frontier, words "proportions" and "Providence" were written incorrectly.

Last edited:

Neo Ultra Mike

I dnno, for me, the style looks too "childish" for Rex and the gang.
Remember, that the one of the best things about Rex was its art style.

Yeah that's the problem with how influencial Teen Titans Go was with so many of the CN reboots following that; having a more simplified art style that doesn't work with what's originally intended. Some shows can get away with it and honestly you can argue with how childish the original Ben 10 could be at times that the newer Ben 10 can make that look work but yeah it does just feel weird to put on Generator Rex. Which honestly sans Samurai Jack or 2K3 Clone Wars may have the most overall serious style and feel in terms of just visual aesthetics of ANY of the Cartoon Netowrk originals. So to take that and make it so... "chibi" does feel pretty striking. Like yeah I get it's to fit the world of this new cartoon since this isn't the kind of crossover where the point of it looking off and unfitting is likely the point but it still does feel off if you actually remember the show at all.

*Sighs* Also makes me think back that yeah at the start of the 2010's there was this big push for much more middle ground shows aimed at older kids and fans and not just the 2-5 or 5-11 crowd directly as yeah Generator Rex especially was supposed to be a more teen focused show which yeah we don't really much of at all with CN nowadays.

SoundDestroyer

Yeah that's the problem with how influencial Teen Titans Go was with so many of the CN reboots following that; having a more simplified art style that doesn't work with what's originally intended. Some shows can get away with it and honestly you can argue with how childish the original Ben 10 could be at times that the newer Ben 10 can make that look work but yeah it does just feel weird to put on Generator Rex. Which honestly sans Samurai Jack or 2K3 Clone Wars may have the most overall serious style and feel in terms of just visual aesthetics of ANY of the Cartoon Netowrk originals. So to take that and make it so... "chibi" does feel pretty striking. Like yeah I get it's to fit the world of this new cartoon since this isn't the kind of crossover where the point of it looking off and unfitting is likely the point but it still does feel off if you actually remember the show at all.

*Sighs* Also makes me think back that yeah at the start of the 2010's there was this big push for much more middle ground shows aimed at older kids and fans and not just the 2-5 or 5-11 crowd directly as yeah Generator Rex especially was supposed to be a more teen focused show which yeah we don't really much of at all with CN nowadays.
Yeah, you got the big point there. Nowadays cartoons doesn't usually get good art style.
Even MOA'S toons. For Example, BBP (Bakugan Battle Planet), gets pretty bad CG animation., this makes me hate the series, compared to Japanese style of BBB.
2010 Was A REALLY GOOD year with a really good looking cartoons (outside of Rex, there were Adventure Time, SDMI, MLP: FIM, Regular Show, SBT etc.) when you come think about it.

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, I don't really care for a more "cutesy" Generator Rex or the trend for cartoons as of late to double-down on that and goofiness...it was one thing for Ben 10, but Rex :confused:?
OFF-TOPIC: Also Frontier, words "proportions" and "Providence" were written incorrectly.
Spell-check apparently failed me :sweat:.

Neo Ultra Mike

Yeah, you got the big point there. Nowadays cartoons doesn't usually get good art style.

I'm not saying the art style of the latest Cartoon Network shows have been bad as honestly in terms of just pure animation and movement the 2010's has been the best just that so much of it comes from super silly and goofy and colorful worlds and most of those shows work but I miss the variety you would get. I mean 2010 you had more serious looking shows like Generator Rex, Young Justice and heck even Scooby Doo's Mystery Incoporated mixed with much lighter fare like Adventure Time and MAD with stuff in the middle like Regular Show and Sym Bionic Titan. Compared to now where the current originals are all super bright color palettes and more simplifed designs of stuff like TTG, this, Apple and Onion, Victor and Valentino etc. Like the last CN series whose look really felt like it was trying to capture a mature feel was Infinity Train which is now just HBO Max esclusive while yeah even older CN Shows coming back to the network in some way have to go with this more goofy lighter feel when there should be more variety. And sadly that's more variety right now then Nick who really only has Spongebob and Loud House to work with (hopefully Star Trek Prodigy will be a success and needed fresh breath of air for the network when it comes out supposedly this year) and even Disney where feels like they care the most about story at least but design wise just feels like a lot of either bright simplicity or Gravity Falls hand me downs.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Yeah, I don't really care for a more "cutesy" Generator Rex or the trend for cartoons as of late to double-down on that and goofiness...it was one thing for Ben 10, but Rex :confused:?
Everyone in this Ben 10 series has that artstyle. It would be strange to have character that looks totally different.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Yeah, they'd have to make Rex match with the art style of the new Ben 10 series, but they all look so weird. Rex himself looks extremely generic. It might look better in motion, especially when this promo doesn't look that good in general anyway.

Frontier

Staff member
I know Rex'll probably sound younger and have a new VA, but I have a hard time imagining anyone as Rex but Daryl Sabara.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts