"Ben 10 (2016 Series)" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

PhineasPines

May 4, 2015
Okay, I honestly have to say that CN has become the most predictable network when it comes to the art style and animation in their shows. I feel like since SU we've been getting art styles that are no longer diverse, innovative, or experimental. Now that's not to say the shows we've been getting are bad, I personally love WBB and of course Over the Garden Wall, but looking at the design and aesthetic of these shows animation, they all have the same feel and it is incredible how much they've used the Adventure Time animation aesthetic in their cartoons. It gets so repetitive to the point where TTG actually looks like a uniquely designed show. I was hoping with this Ben 10 series that we would be getting a show with faster-paced animation or maybe more detailed aesthetics but, of course, we got an easy to animate art style that virtually every other show on the network uses(Adventure Time, Regular Show, Uncle Grandpa, Clarence, We Bare Bears, PPG). At this point, I'd say that Nick and Disney XD are just blowing CN out of the water with their originality in art design even if some of their shows don't look visually appealing. You may proceed to hate on this rant as much as you please:)

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Nov 1, 2013
Okay, I honestly have to say that CN has become the most predictable network when it comes to the art style and animation in their shows. I feel like since SU we've been getting art styles that are no longer diverse, innovative, or experimental. Now that's not to say the shows we've been getting are bad, I personally love WBB and of course Over the Garden Wall, but looking at the design and aesthetic of these shows animation, they all have the same feel and it is incredible how much they've used the Adventure Time animation aesthetic in their cartoons. It gets so repetitive to the point where TTG actually looks like a uniquely designed show. I was hoping with this Ben 10 series that we would be getting a show with faster-paced animation or maybe more detailed aesthetics but, of course, we got an easy to animate art style that virtually every other show on the network uses(Adventure Time, Regular Show, Uncle Grandpa, Clarence, We Bare Bears, PPG). At this point, I'd say that Nick and Disney XD are just blowing CN out of the water with their originality in art design even if some of their shows don't look visually appealing. You may proceed to hate on this rant as much as you please:)
What are you talking about Ben 10 only looks like PPG the rest of the CN shows are a little more diverse

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Some of the bits of animation in there actually looked pretty nice :).

I'm happy Heatblast is back too :D.

So we're back-to-basics with Ben, Gwen, and Grandpa Max traveling the world on an eternal summer vacation in the Rust Bucket...though I'm curious how much of the old Rogues Gallery will make it back into this reboot :ack:.

Sounds like John DiMaggio is still Four Arms, though ,from those brief sound bits, XLR8 and Grey Matter sound new. I wonder if Dee Bradley Baker is still Stinkfly o_O?

Reactions: JoeMabbon

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Elizabeth,NJ
It looks like Man of Action is very happy with the production on the show, if only others would also be a little more positive about something that they hav'nt even seen the first episode of yet... An example of this is Be Cool Scooby Doo, I remember there was alot of hate on the show when it's first clips/images were shown but now people say the series is very good, comical and stuff like that. Give it a chance first. Once the show premieres, then we shall start to really judge.
I still don't like Be Cool Scooby Doo. The dumbing of Daphne and the Family Guy art-style is just bad.
But this new Ben 10 doesn't bug me like it bugs others. Though I was too disappointed with how the last series went downhill and forced a dysfunctional romance to bother watching this series.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
I actually expected Be Cool Scooby Doo to be really funny. But then it turned out to be so boring...

JoeMabbon

Private
Aug 8, 2014
Iacon
It looks like Man of Action is very happy with the production on the show, if only others would also be a little more positive about something that they hav'nt even seen the first episode of yet... An example of this is Be Cool Scooby Doo, I remember there was alot of hate on the show when it's first clips/images were shown but now people say the series is very good, comical and stuff like that. Give it a chance first. Once the show premieres, then we shall start to really judge.
I'd love to see a promotional, behind the scenes video where everyone was tired and downcast. Even if it was ironic, that would be something.

Daffyrocks

In search of the cursed Monkey Bird! Woo-hoo!
Jul 22, 2014
Bucharest, Romania
ro.toonsphere.com
I might be mistaken, but don't you like every CN original? :D
In a way yes. :D Even Mike Lu and Og, which almost everyone else hates (I always loved watching it when I was little with my grandma). But I ignore some action shows, like Ben 10 Ultimate Alien, because of the fact that I'm not into action shows.

But sincerely, I predict that this new Ben 10 reboot will be a combination of action and comedy, from the first clip I looked over. And I enjoy those kind of shows :)

Reactions: Eggy

jaylop97

Staff member
Oct 5, 2014
Austin, Texas
bet ya all are missin Stu Snyder at this point
I always thought of him to have started of in a bad place and worked his way up, he brought most of the better shows in 2010-2015 while the current president has only commissioned 2 reboots and an already known short series into a longer one, I am not sure what could Ben 10 bring but hopefully this is the last reboot and more original shows get made from here on.

Reactions: 1 person

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
The Ben 10 reboot is called "Ben 10" and will premiere on 10/10/2016 at 4.20pm in Belgium and the Netherlands.

They will premiere 8 episodes in one month.

10/10 Waterfilter / The Ring Leader
11/10 The Filth
12/10 Freaky Gwen Ben
13/10 Take 10
14/10 Animo Farm
19/10 Clown College
26/10 Something I Ate

Source: Turner London

Daffyrocks

In search of the cursed Monkey Bird! Woo-hoo!
Jul 22, 2014
Bucharest, Romania
ro.toonsphere.com
The Ben 10 reboot is called "Ben 10" and will premiere on 10/10/2016 at 4.20pm in Belgium and the Netherlands.

They will premiere 8 episodes in one month.

10/10 Waterfilter / The Ring Leader
11/10 The Filth
12/10 Freaky Gwen Ben
13/10 Take 10
14/10 Animo Farm
19/10 Clown College
26/10 Something I Ate

Source: Turner London
Wait, why there are breaks of days between some episodes? That's stupid. Why don't they air the episodes every day, for the god's sake?

ToonJay723

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
New York
Wait, why there are breaks of days between some episodes? That's stupid. Why don't they air the episodes every day, for the god's sake?
Because either all the episodes aren't finished or they don't want to burn through episodes and wait a year to premiere new episode.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
I'm not surprised that the episodes are eleven minutes long. That seems to be the new format for Cartoon Network original series at this point and it will probably fit if the show has a more comedic tone to it as well.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I almost wanted to dedicate a thread to this guy and make up some thoughts on the current state of things...
But this guy just comes off like another whiner / obvious weeb.

What do you think??? Is this no better than that 3 hour long Rant I dug up on Steven Universe also making unfair jabs at cartoons in general? I think he is.
I'm now going to read some old toonzone forums posts here to see what people thought about cartoons back then online. I will start with Disney forum. Is anybody interested about this site's dark past?
An Ariana Grande song covered by Charlotte, Coop & Cami for Cami's 13th birthday.
Happy 5th Anniversary to Harvey Beaks!
One of the coziest shows ever.
Happy birthday to Meagan Smith and Paul Eiding. It's quite the coincidence that the original voice artists of (Kid) Gwen Tennyson and Max Tennyson share the same birthday.