Behind-the-scenes stories from movies/TV Shows

Dantheman

Gee, I never thought about that...
Recount behind the screens stories you've heard about various TV shows and movies.

On Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, when an earthquake hit the LA area, actor Armin Shimerman left the set to go home to check on his family. But, he frightened quite a few people while doing so, because he was still in his Quark make-up.

Another similair story I heard, but I don't know how true it is, being that it came from the National Enquirer, is that during a break in filming on DS9, Nana Visitor decided to go shopping while still in her Major Kira make-up, and at the department store she went to, an older saleslady saw her, thought something was wrong with her, and was like, "You poor dear, what happened to your nose?", until she had to explain it was make-up and she was an actor on Star Trek.

Dantheman

Heard that when he was fourteen years old, Emilo Estevez accompanied his father Martin Sheen to the Philippines for filming on Apocalypse Now. At one point, he decided to go wander off from the set and went exploring in the jungle for hours. When he came back, he noticed no one was missing him, being like "Where were you? we've been looking for you!", etc. I guess that just shows how much of a mess the behind-the-scenes filming of that movie was.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
David Yost, who played Billy Cranston in Power Rangers, left near the end of filming for Power Rangers Zeo after suffering from homophobic harrassment from multiple crew members.

Dantheman

Andrea Martin, who was originally cast as Moogie (Quark and Rom's mother) on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, did not reprise the role in the character's further appearances because she discovered she was allergic to the latex used in the alien make-up.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts