BECK Dub Cast Announced

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News

Grenzer

This is Kyokugen Karate... 2016 Style
Jul 11, 2003
Ratings
Somewhere
Koyuki - Greg Ayres
Ryusuke - Eric Vale
Chiba - Justin Cook
Taira - Jerry Jewell
Maho - Brina Palencia
Izumi - Colleen Clinkenbeard
Kayo - Clarine Harp
Mr. Saito - R Bruce Elliott
Togo - Orion Pitts
Chiemi Kuniyoshi - Caitlin Glass
Beck - Christopher Bevins
Page - Jamie Marchi
Eiji - John Burgmeier

Greg seems like a natural fit fir Koyuki, but I wonder how Eric and Justin will do in their roles...

Ikou

May 21, 2005
Chicago
Marzak Ahmed said:
Wow, that's a pretty good cast list. I can't wait to hear the dub.

Now, we need a TV deal...
Same here I can't wait for this, speaking of the TV deal I can see this on Adult Swim but since FUNI have started doing deals with IFC it go on it too.

Wonder how their going to do the language switches that happens in the show.

KarlOlson

Art Imitates Life
Staff member
Reporter
Mar 9, 2002
Victoria, Canada
www.karlrolson.com
Hmm, almost surprised they didn't cast Vic Mignogna as Koyuki considering the singing, but Greg is about the right range for Koyuki too.

/Still want to hear Vic sing "Slip Out" for some reason. I think he could sell it.
//If they dub songs, I want to hear Justin match the raw rhyme power of Chiba's Japanese VA.
///Also hoping for television.

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
Aug 3, 2002
Ratings
322 1
Chiyo-chan's America
Fresh V said:
Cool, I can't wait to hear their voices. I hope Greg Ayres can sing well...
Considering how he and Chris Patton alternated as the role of Riff Raff in a Houston production of the Rocky Horror Show and how he recorded a song for a charity album recorded by various English seiyuu, I think he'll do a good job when it comes to singing (after all, Greg did meet my expectations when it came to Negi Springfield :anime: ).

Grenzer

This is Kyokugen Karate... 2016 Style
Jul 11, 2003
Ratings
Somewhere
Go-chin said:
Damnit.
I didn't want to buy the show, but if Clinkenbeard is on the cast...
When was the last time Colleen Clinkenbeard has not been featured in a Funi dub? You might as well buy every show that they licensed after Fruits Basket if that is the case.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
Feb 26, 2002
Ratings
Washington
Grenzer said:
Koyuki - Greg Ayres - Should have been Chris Patton IMO
Ryusuke - Eric Vale - alright
Chiba - Justin Cook - he can sing?
Taira - Jerry Jewell - interesting
Maho - Brina Palencia - I don't think I know her but I wanted Laura Bailey
Izumi - Colleen Clinkenbeard - PERFECT
Kayo - Clarine Harp - dunno her
Mr. Saito - R Bruce Elliott - awesome
Togo - Orion Pitts - dunno him
Chiemi Kuniyoshi - Caitlin Glass - not sure who that character is actually
Beck - Christopher Bevins - I guess that was expected
Page - Jamie Marchi - good choice
Eiji - John Burgmeier - should be interesting

Greg seems like a natural fit fir Koyuki, but I wonder how Eric and Justin will do in their roles...
I don't like the idea of Greg being Koyuki honestly. Yeah he can sing but I think Chris Patton is a lot closer to the Japanese VA and would suit the image better. I still expect good things though.

Justin Cook as Chiba... Chiba is very hard to cast. I don't know if Justin can sing (or rap) but I'm sure he'll do a good job.

The absense of Laura Bailey dissapoints me. I really wanted her to be Maho because that gal can sing for sure.

Overall it looks good though. I can't wait to hear it.

wingdarkness

Animesuki Reject
Sep 4, 2006
New Orleans, LA
Lmao..I actually think Johnney Yong Bosch would have made a perfect Koyuki with his timd voice...But lets agree, hopefully everyone can sing, but in the JP version I thought they replaced Koyuki duriung some of the singing parts...

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
Aug 3, 2002
Ratings
322 1
Chiyo-chan's America
Sketch said:
The absense of Laura Bailey dissapoints me. I really wanted her to be Maho because that gal can sing for sure.
When it comes to Brina Palencia as Maho, given how a number of AS fans are already fans of the English version of the Shin-chan ED, I believe that she's able to pull off the singing part.

Speaking of Brina and singing, it will be interesting to see how she and Luci Christian will pull off
the song that Yue and Asuna, while disguised as amusement park mascots, sing in the Negima episode where Negi goes on a "date" with Nodoka.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

My personal synopsis: I'm not the most energetic or enthusiastic person you'll ever meet, but that doesn't mean I can't have fun. Generally, I'm pretty introverted and usually play video games, watch anime, and also study in the field of IT. I'm a huge music fanatic, as well. And I listen to pretty much everything except country. My favorites being trap, jazz, and metal.
anyone else surprised that new Paw Patrol one hour special are now Nick's #1 most watched premieres in 2018 so far?
I just saw The Grinch in IMAX, it was great!
Iron Man: Armored Adventures is one of the most thrilling cartoons ever made.
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Hey Lady Lucario! Long time no see! How is life treating ya?