Because we can't have enough Naruto-thons....

livingfruitvirus

No! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!
Here comes another on January 27th from 7-10 PM, following a Xiaolin Showdown marathon. Episodes 66-71 will be shown. Prince of Tennis and MAR will not be pre-empted.

Thanks for the premiere clarifications, MDawg.

KuwabaraTheMan

Awesome. 3 and a half hours of Jump?

Should be awesome, although it would have been nicer if they would have had two premieres for that instead of just one. But still sounds good.

Shame Zatch has to get pre-empted, though.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
Hmm... well those are good episodes but this does seem like a bit of a waste. Since it's just 1 premiere anyway. Well whatever... I'm more likely to watch 7-9PM Naruto than I was likely to watch any of the other shows on then.

I'll enjoy watching new Naruto followed by Prince of Tennis though.

Master Moltar

Knows what's on before you
That's 3 months in a row with Naruto marathons now. Ah well, I'm not complaining.

In other marathon news, CN's having a YGO GX marathon on the 20th from 5 to 7 (with the 6:30 regular Toonami slot episode being new). I wonder if that means that GX is doing well on Toonami.

I also noticed on zap2it (where I saw the above info) that CN may be skipping around with the MAR and PoT episodes, because they definitely aren't listed in order.

Master Moltar

Knows what's on before you
PoT Schedule

1/6 - Epsiode 4
1/13 - Epsiode 5
1/20 - Episode 9

MAR schedule

1/6 - Episode 5
1/13 - Episode 7
1/20 - Episode 13

And I think CN's site shows the same. I wonder if it's to either keep up interest or try and catch up to Jetstream.

KuwabaraTheMan

That would be stupid, unless they were planning a weekday run right away. Well, it'd be stupid regardless. I'd have to think this is just some messed up listings.

Toon Zone's schedule lists the proper episodes airing, though.

But CN's site does indeed list the same thing.

Dammit, don't screw up like this. Why the hell would they skip over important stuff like that?

Someone better get to the bottom of this, and fast.

purplehairedwonder

No woman should suffer at the hands of men
Staff member
Interesting news about another Naruto-athon. Seems like a bit of overkill, but even so, I'm not complaining. Too bad that Zatch will be preempted, though.

And a big HUH @ PoT and MAR skipping around... That's just too weird.

KuwabaraTheMan

Of course you're not complaining. Sasuke vs Gaara for the 3rd time in 6 weeks?

And a big HUH @ PoT and MAR skipping around... That's just too weird.

Not just a 'Huh', but rather a:
huh.jpg

Huh?
Huuh?
Huuuh?

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Remember the last Toonami show that skipped episodes? Began with a D. Ended with ice.

That show wasn't really anticipated, though. It was just some crap that was placed there for early-year filler (remember that in late 2004/early 2005, premieres were beginning to wear thin).

These two, on the other hand, HAVE been anticipated. They've been on Jetstream for months and viewers who haven't been able to see them are finally getting the chance.

Naruto D.Luffy

Future Vongola Boss
Oh great, another Naruto-thons because nothing says overkill to me like Naruto-thons. Come on Toonami, how about a Zatch marathonor better yet BoBoBo-thon(if it comes back) once in a while.

Also, nice Eyeshield 21 pic. I would like to see that on my American tv whithin the next year. So dubbing companies how about oh I don't know
dub ES21 for 2007-08.

RomanMack

Perhaps they're attemping to get to the more "actiony" parts of of PoT and MAR in an attempt to boost ratings? I donno.

If that's the reason, then CN has officially went too far on their quest for high-ratings.

Rolling Cloud

...too early....
Here comes another on January 27th from 7-10 PM, following a Xiaolin Showdown marathon. Episodes 66-71 will be shown. Prince of Tennis and MAR will not be pre-empted.

Thanks for the premiere clarifications, MDawg.

66-71 of Naruto? Damn, that's a cliffhanger at the end. VIZ, give us the whole season.

Dr. Anime

I hope that's a mistake in regards to Prince of Tennis and MAR. And another Naruto marathon huh? Why? Well ratings duh! But come on wouldn't it be better if these marathon's were spread out a bit more over the year?

Sketch

not like those other old guys
I woudn't say DICE was filler. At least to Bandai it was suppose to be a big thing but CN didn't think much of it I suppose especially when the ratings dropped like a rock but they did order another season before they gave up on it.

It'll be very bad if they skip around with MAR and PoT.

And as for other series getting marathons, I agree that Zatch Bell deserves it by now as many of the episodes have only been shown once. A Bo-Bobo marathon would be crazyiness and a PoT one eventually would be great but seriously now for the name alone you've got to have a MAR-athon.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts