Beavis And Butthead (Comedy Central Reboot)

Latest News & Videos

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
May 18, 2006
East Northport
It is always weird to give a show multiple seasons right off the bat especially if you're not sure how well it's going to do but I can see why it was done in this case. Not only was Beavis and Butthead this huge property that is at least going to get a lot of attention turned to it coming back, but after how Mike Judge got screwed over when he did his revival for MTV last decade I could easily see why he would want to at least have two seasons upfront.

Though yeah this does show me that honestly sans South Park Comedy Central kind of doesn't have faith in it's own ability to produce animated programs anymore if the big pushes we're getting for new animated series are revivals and revamps of MTV classic hits between this and the Daria spinoff Jodie that's still coming. Does feel weird we're getting a re-revival of B&B while also getting a spinoff spinoff from it as well but honestly I'm up to both. The B&B revival season in 2011 was solid and honestly these kind of characters can still work even in 2020 as there's plenty of more material for their schitck to bounce off of.

creator

Apr 19, 2020
Chicago
I've only watched the first reboot, but I thought Beavis and Butthead's antics were much more entertaining than their commentary on music videos and shows. MTV shows were popular because of the people doing silly or outlandish things so it felt redundant to lampoon them for it. Hopefully they can procure the rights to more interesting programming on the next reboot.

SpaceCowboy

Mar 2, 2002
USA
Visit site
I've only watched the first reboot, but I thought Beavis and Butthead's antics were much more entertaining than their commentary on music videos and shows. MTV shows were popular because of the people doing silly or outlandish things so it felt redundant to lampoon them for it. Hopefully they can procure the rights to more interesting programming on the next reboot.
It would be ironic if B&BH were to comment over clips from King of the Hill.

Last edited:
Reactions: creator

PF9

Jul 9, 2008
Ohio
I think the next ViacomCBS-owned adult animated sitcom to get a revival on Comedy Central will be Duckman (unless Adult Swim approaches CBS Studios about a revival first).

Duckman aired for 4 seasons on USA in the 1990s, and its last episode ended on a cliffhanger.

Obviously, the fans of the series will steer whoever is involved in the revival towards having it pick up where the original series left off.

khuddle

Jan 28, 2012
Gainesville, FL
0 interest in seeing this.

If they're going to revive old MTV cartoons, lets at least see them revive something interesting, like Aeon Flux.

Corwin Haught

Sep 14, 2013
I think the next ViacomCBS-owned adult animated sitcom to get a revival on Comedy Central will be Duckman (unless Adult Swim approaches CBS Studios about a revival first).

Duckman aired for 4 seasons on USA in the 1990s, and its last episode ended on a cliffhanger.

Obviously, the fans of the series will steer whoever is involved in the revival towards having it pick up where the original series left off.
That seems less likely due to arcane intercompany politics at ViacomCBS (as you say CBS Television Studios owns Duckman now, and CBS Entertainment is an seperate and semi-autonomous section of VCBS; the MTV shows are being brought up again because a post-merger reorganization of the cable networks group meant that Comedy Central and MTV now have the same division head). Adult Swim is even less likely because the CBS group has never had a significant relationship with AS.

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
First a Daria spinoff focusing on Jodie, now this? I'm sensing a revival of MTV Animation, even if they won't be on the channel itself.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
May 25, 2010
Cartoon Headquarters
I'm happy on one hand that they're coming back - again. Especially since some form of a revival has been talked about for years. I thought the live action version, which the idea of has been toyed with, would indeed come first, but this probably makes more sense. I watched both the original and the reboot and enjoyed both of them in different ways. Seeing a third iteration of the show, basically a decade after the last one, will be a bit weird - especially with it being on CC instead of MTV where it originated. But seeing what MTV is doing these days and knowing CC re-aired BB in the past, not even that should come off as surprising. It's a logical decision. MTV really is dead at this point for certain content wheter it airs it or not. I wonder if it will air dubbed on all international CC feeds or will some have it subtitled. I'm also curious how it will be promoted. As for Mike being on board, that is to be expected. Without him there'd be no point. I just hope we will get a release date soon as well as a teaser to see how it's animated. I hope we won't have to wait years like it's taking Daria to spin off to CC as well. But the most concerning this to me is the content. Sure, it's CC and BB, but it's also 2020. I hope they know what they're doing and Judge will get enough flex to present what he wants. I don't want the revival to be politically correct, nor do I want it to push opinions. For that we have the news and other entertainment properties. BB should be raw and indifferent to do whatever they want. So yeah, I'm hoping it will possibly be good. As for music videos, they could comment on those. There's plenty. Or they could comment on random social media posts/videos. Hopefully not the news. Genuinely curious what Mike will come up with.

@khuddle Aeon Flux was great, but that stuff is just too out there for CC. Doesn't fit on the channel at all. But I could imagine it on Netflix. The Maxx could go there too.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I have watched all of Star Trek: TOS, TAS, TNG, DS9, and VOY so far. Now it's on to Enterprise, just that and the movies remain and I will be all caught up with all things Star Trek.
Apparently all of cartoons that are currently airing in my country are "dramas".

Yesterday was Hanah Lee Cook's last day on Muppet Babies.
A few weeks ago it was my birthday. (happy (late) birthday to me..)