Beavis And Butthead (Comedy Central Reboot)

SweetShop209

VG_Addict

It might just be me, but Beavis and Butt-Head and the controversy they caused seem almost quaint in the age of shows like South Park, Family Guy, and Big Mouth.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
It is always weird to give a show multiple seasons right off the bat especially if you're not sure how well it's going to do but I can see why it was done in this case. Not only was Beavis and Butthead this huge property that is at least going to get a lot of attention turned to it coming back, but after how Mike Judge got screwed over when he did his revival for MTV last decade I could easily see why he would want to at least have two seasons upfront.

Though yeah this does show me that honestly sans South Park Comedy Central kind of doesn't have faith in it's own ability to produce animated programs anymore if the big pushes we're getting for new animated series are revivals and revamps of MTV classic hits between this and the Daria spinoff Jodie that's still coming. Does feel weird we're getting a re-revival of B&B while also getting a spinoff spinoff from it as well but honestly I'm up to both. The B&B revival season in 2011 was solid and honestly these kind of characters can still work even in 2020 as there's plenty of more material for their schitck to bounce off of.

creator

I've only watched the first reboot, but I thought Beavis and Butthead's antics were much more entertaining than their commentary on music videos and shows. MTV shows were popular because of the people doing silly or outlandish things so it felt redundant to lampoon them for it. Hopefully they can procure the rights to more interesting programming on the next reboot.

SpaceCowboy

I've only watched the first reboot, but I thought Beavis and Butthead's antics were much more entertaining than their commentary on music videos and shows. MTV shows were popular because of the people doing silly or outlandish things so it felt redundant to lampoon them for it. Hopefully they can procure the rights to more interesting programming on the next reboot.
It would be ironic if B&BH were to comment over clips from King of the Hill.

Last edited:

PF9

I think the next ViacomCBS-owned adult animated sitcom to get a revival on Comedy Central will be Duckman (unless Adult Swim approaches CBS Studios about a revival first).

Duckman aired for 4 seasons on USA in the 1990s, and its last episode ended on a cliffhanger.

Obviously, the fans of the series will steer whoever is involved in the revival towards having it pick up where the original series left off.

khuddle

0 interest in seeing this.

If they're going to revive old MTV cartoons, lets at least see them revive something interesting, like Aeon Flux.

Corwin Haught

I think the next ViacomCBS-owned adult animated sitcom to get a revival on Comedy Central will be Duckman (unless Adult Swim approaches CBS Studios about a revival first).

Duckman aired for 4 seasons on USA in the 1990s, and its last episode ended on a cliffhanger.

Obviously, the fans of the series will steer whoever is involved in the revival towards having it pick up where the original series left off.

That seems less likely due to arcane intercompany politics at ViacomCBS (as you say CBS Television Studios owns Duckman now, and CBS Entertainment is an seperate and semi-autonomous section of VCBS; the MTV shows are being brought up again because a post-merger reorganization of the cable networks group meant that Comedy Central and MTV now have the same division head). Adult Swim is even less likely because the CBS group has never had a significant relationship with AS.

AdrenalineRush1996

First a Daria spinoff focusing on Jodie, now this? I'm sensing a revival of MTV Animation, even if they won't be on the channel itself.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
I'm happy on one hand that they're coming back - again. Especially since some form of a revival has been talked about for years. I thought the live action version, which the idea of has been toyed with, would indeed come first, but this probably makes more sense. I watched both the original and the reboot and enjoyed both of them in different ways. Seeing a third iteration of the show, basically a decade after the last one, will be a bit weird - especially with it being on CC instead of MTV where it originated. But seeing what MTV is doing these days and knowing CC re-aired BB in the past, not even that should come off as surprising. It's a logical decision. MTV really is dead at this point for certain content wheter it airs it or not. I wonder if it will air dubbed on all international CC feeds or will some have it subtitled. I'm also curious how it will be promoted. As for Mike being on board, that is to be expected. Without him there'd be no point. I just hope we will get a release date soon as well as a teaser to see how it's animated. I hope we won't have to wait years like it's taking Daria to spin off to CC as well. But the most concerning this to me is the content. Sure, it's CC and BB, but it's also 2020. I hope they know what they're doing and Judge will get enough flex to present what he wants. I don't want the revival to be politically correct, nor do I want it to push opinions. For that we have the news and other entertainment properties. BB should be raw and indifferent to do whatever they want. So yeah, I'm hoping it will possibly be good. As for music videos, they could comment on those. There's plenty. Or they could comment on random social media posts/videos. Hopefully not the news. Genuinely curious what Mike will come up with.

@khuddle Aeon Flux was great, but that stuff is just too out there for CC. Doesn't fit on the channel at all. But I could imagine it on Netflix. The Maxx could go there too.

Zorak Masaki

I just dont know how you can get away with what B&B did in the 90s in 2021. Even the 2011 revival kind of seemed off (though still funny), can the show really work in a post Me Too-world?

Webbed-Wonder

Still thwipping!
so maybe the Comedy Central reboot is scrapped in favor of the movie
Nah, I believe it's the 2 seasons and the movie both.

I wish we'd get an Aeon Flux animated reboot on Paramount Plus or something. Throw all the money at Peter Chung and let him make what he wants to make and we'd all be better for it. They're letting Mike Judge keep doin what he wants!

We heard in 2018 MTV was developing a live action Aeon Flux show with no involvement from Peter Chung (produced by the same person who did the movie, so that's really encouraging, I say sarcastically lol). We haven't heard a peep about that since then but if they're gonna do that still I hope there's room for more animated AF.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Apparently I matter to people. That's sort of nice to know. Granted, I'd prefer more favorable opinions, but it's nice to know people care I exist, even if it's merely to wish I don't.
CNC
Here's my Ideal Disney XD schedule for next week. What do you think?
harry580 wrote on Streaker Prower's profile.
I like your profile picture, tails is my favorite
sunnsettapple wrote on Eddy_Girly's profile.
(Part 1)
Hello,
I know this is a weird long shot and I doubt you'll even get this message, but I'm doing some lost media research and I have very few leads. Some old forum posts that came up on a Google search lead me to believe there's a small chance you may be able to help.
Last month, someone found the Cyberchase pilot

Featured Posts