Beastars

Latest News & Videos

powerjake

Aug 4, 2019
Mexico
I'm guessing that you're not a fan of this anime and Zootopia, given your comment.
I'm not really a fan of the concepts of Beastars and Zootopia. The idea of culturally dividing carnivores and herbivores as two separate races and to learn to live together in peace is something I do not find interesting.

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
I'm not really a fan of the concepts of Beastars and Zootopia. The idea of culturally dividing carnivores and herbivores as two separate races and to learn to live together in peace is something I do not find interesting.
Well, that idea is what makes it stand out from other properties that focuses on anthro animals.

powerjake

Aug 4, 2019
Mexico
What do you think would've made these two more interesting?
When writers use the ideas of dividing carnivores and herbivores, they often have self hating carnivores that hate who and what they are. Zootopia is a very politically correct anti-evolution movie, it does not help that Zootopia excluded primates because the makers said they are too human and they do not exist in that world.

One thing I would give Beastars over Zootopia is that it has primates, birds, reptiles, and even domestic cats and dogs wheres Zootopia does not have any of them.

In the classic anime Kimba the white Lion, Kimba believes that destroying fellow animals is wrong, no matter what, and that animals should not eat one another but learn to farm and be vegetarians.

It would be fresh if an animal story atleast had 100% scientifically accurate animals for once.

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
When writers use the ideas of dividing carnivores and herbivores, they often have self hating carnivores that hate who and what they are. Zootopia is a very politically correct anti-evolution movie, it does not help that Zootopia excluded primates because the makers said they are too human and they do not exist in that world.
Did they ever say that primates do not exist in Zootopia? All I know is they excluded them for the film and nothing else but honestly, I never really saw said film as politically correct.
One thing I would give Beastars over Zootopia is that it has primates, birds, reptiles, and even domestic cats and dogs wheres Zootopia does not have any of them.
Well, they could include them in a possible sequel. There's nothing that could prevent them from appearing.
It would be fresh if an animal story atleast had 100% scientifically accurate animals for once.
Not everything has to be accurate.

powerjake

Aug 4, 2019
Mexico
Zootopia had a very lame poorly written villain, Dawn Bellwethers reason for being a villain is stupid. It does not help how they easily defeated her.

powerjake

Aug 4, 2019
Mexico
An english Beastars is making it to the american Netflix?.

Sinse the animals in Beastars all have human body shapes, their sizes do not even match the real life animals they are based on.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

If Flintstones = Grand Dad, what does Yogi Bear equal? Grand Bear?
It took me all day and most of the month, but I finally got my 2 laptops upgraded (SSD, new RAM, replaced any and all broken parts, full cleanup of useless programs and salvaging useful ones). It was rough work, but I enjoyed every minute of it!

Someday, I'm gonna do this for a living, honestly.
Asa
What is with Nickelodeon US refusing to air the Pineapple RV episode of SpongeBob? It's already been aired in some countries, how come America didn't get it yet?
Tex Avery's MGM Cartoons are finally getting a blu-ray release after years of us waiting, at last!
#RIPKobe, Gigi, and the others in the helicopter.