"Batman & Superman: Battle of the Super Sons" CGI Animated Feature News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg91

Reporter
It's really interesting that we're going to see a CG movie from this animated line. I wonder if it will look something similar to Green Lantern: The Animated Series/Beware the Batman. Either way, I was hoping to see a Super Sons movie, either theatrical or direct to video. Hopefully it's a great time with the boys.

Frontier

Staff member
It's really interesting that we're going to see a CG movie from this animated line. I wonder if it will look something similar to Green Lantern: The Animated Series/Beware the Batman. Either way, I was hoping to see a Super Sons movie, either theatrical or direct to video. Hopefully it's a great time with the boys.
I'm curious how it will compare to League of Super Pets...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Sam Liu has a lot experience with CG having worked on Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Beware the Batman. I wonder if this DTV is the one Liu was alluding to on February 2 and September 12.

Also with this being a CG movie, it explains why 2022's slate has only 2 movies and not 3 or 4. It took up the budget of 2 or more movies maybe.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
When finding out that the original story was published under the family friendly DC Kids/Zoom branding (though I haven't read it), I figured that this movie might've gone for something family friendly. With the PG-13 rating, that's not the case. Though one thing I have noticed with DC DVD movies from the 2010s onward is that the PG-13/R rated movies largely adapt pre-existing stories while the family friendly ones are either based on TV shows (like Teen Titans Go or DC Superhero Girls) or are part of a toyetic franchise like Batman Unlimited or the Lego movies. Maybe this is just to keep up that trend?

Frontier

Staff member
Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Also, weird if they're really including Batman & Superman's names into the title. I get they would want some big names to attract viewers but you'd think the "Super Sons" would be enough.

I guess "Son of Batman Vs Son of Superman" would make people think this is a sequel or in continuity with the 2014 animated movie. Or a spin-off from Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, for kids. :p

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Also, weird if they're really including Batman & Superman's names into the title. I get they would want some big names to attract viewers but you'd think the "Super Sons" would be enough.

I guess "Son of Batman Vs Son of Superman" would make people think this is a sequel or in continuity with the 2014 animated movie. Or a spin-off from Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, for kids. :p
Probably for cataloging purposes for home entertainment and easier for marketing to use "Batman" and "Superman" so they don't chaff about if "Super Sons" will be recognizable or not.

Otaku-sempai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts