• Enter to win two tickets to Howl's Moving Castle. Details here.

"Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Frontier

Staff member
Can't say I'm entirely convinced on Baker as Bats. It sounds forced in places, but the we know how they edit these trailers.
I just thought it was interesting that his voice sounds so much like his Telltale Batman voice. I always thought that was more modulated, but I guess it was his actual voice :p.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
The trailer looks really fun. Definitely a must-see for me.

And guys, I really wouldn't worry about the PG-13 rating. Films automatically get that rating if there are plenty of intense/prolonged action scenes. It certainly doesn't mean the film will be gory.

Dallas Kinard

This film looks frankly incredible. I wonder if this will be set post The Killing Joke since Batgirl's design looks like her New 52 design after Barb recovered. I may just be reading too much into it, but I love subtle nods to continuity!

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has officially announced Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will hit digital media on May 11, 2019 and physical media on June 4, 2019. Check out the press release - including bonus content information - for Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles right here at The World's Finest! Click here for all the details!

Otaku-sempai

The description for the WB trailer mentions the movie coming out on May 14 (digital) and June 4 (DVD).

"Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will be available on 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack ($39.99 SRP) and Blu-ray Combo Pack ($24.98 SRP), as well as on Digital ($19.99 HD, $14.99 SD)."

It seems that there might not be a DVD-only release.

-batmat-

What's the reasoning behind releasing digital and physical formats so far from each other? I don't get it.

Batboy84

What's the reasoning behind releasing digital and physical formats so far from each other? I don't get it.
If I had to guess, it's because of the production time of physical media: putting it on the disc, making the case, making enough copies to meet demand, and shipping it out to retailers and making sure everything was in place before giving the go ahead to sell. Compare that to digital, which is much more simplified and streamlined, where all that needs to be done essentially is providing the movie and bonus material to the online stores and making sure no one leaks it before the release date.

Last edited:

PF9

If this is popular I'd like a PG-13 DC animated crossover with Pokemon (since WB and Legendary are doing the theatrical Pokemon movies).

Perhaps Superman meets Blaziken Mask?

Batboy84

If this is popular I'd like a PG-13 DC animated crossover with Pokemon (since WB and Legendary are doing the theatrical Pokemon movies).

Perhaps Superman meets Blaziken Mask?
There's considerably more red tape involved with that set up, with Nintendo, Game Freak, and the Pokemon Company all needing to sign off on it (at least I'm assuming as far as Nintendo and Game Freak are concerned) and The Pokemon Company have been notoriously tight fisted with the IP, even refusing to let the Pokemon amiibo be compatible with other Nintendo games outside of Smash Bros.

Edit: Getting back to the topic at hand, do we know if this is hitting the DC Universe app the same day as physical media, or are things a little murky due to Nickelodeon's involvement?

Last edited: