"Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Toonzone
www.worldsfinestonline.com
It's happening! Syfy has the exclusive details and a first look image of the upcoming animated movie.

This spring, Warner Bros. Animation and Warner Home Entertainment are teaming up with DC Entertainment and Nickelodeon for Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, an all-new animated movie that unites everyone's favorite turtles with the Caped Crusader for the first time outside of the comics page. Based on the Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comics miniseries by James Tynion IV and Freddie Williams II, the film will see the turtles meeting Batman via a transdimensional encounter, and feature our heroes teaming up to face Batman's deadly rogues gallery.

The film's voice cast features Troy Baker (The Last of Us, Batman: Arkham Origins) as both Batman and The Joker (making him the first actor to ever take on both roles in one project), Darren Criss (the Emmy winning star of The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story) as Raphael, Kyle Mooney (Saturday Night Live) as Michelangelo, Baron Vaughn (Grace and Frankie) as Donatello, Eric Bauza (The Woody Woodpecker Show) as Leonardo, Rachel Bloom (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend) as Batgirl, Tom Kenny (Spongebob Squarepants) as The Penguin, John DiMaggio (Adventure Time) as Mr. Freeze, Tara Strong (The Powerpuff Girls) as both Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy, Carlos Alazraqui (Reno 911!) as Bane, and Cas Anvar (The Expanse) as Ra's al Ghul.

Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will arrive on 4K, Blu-ray, and Digital late this spring.

Breaking on SyFy

This spring, Warner Bros. Animation is teaming up with DC Entertainment and Nickelodeon for Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, an all-new animated movie that unites everyone's favorite turtles with the Caped Crusader for the first time outside of the comics page. Based on the Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comics miniseries by James Tynion IV and Freddie Williams II, the film will see the turtles meeting Batman via a transdimensional encounter, and feature our heroes teaming up to face Batman's deadly rogues gallery.
Mod Note: Posts merged

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
This is a pretty nice surprise. The art released so far looks cool and I look forward to seeing more. I haven't read any of the cross-over comics with the Turtles, but have enjoyed the various TMNT franchises throughout the years, for the most part. And this looks like it will be fun.

It's also cool seeing Batgirl in a more prominent role. I'm not too familiar with all of the voice actors announced so far (especially the ones for the Turtles, outside of Bauza), but I presume they are good choices for their roles, and the ones I do know of sound pretty great. I also find it kind of funny Robin is included in that first look photo, yet no voice actor for him is listed yet.

All in all, this looks like fun and I will check it out once it's released.

Reactions: Greg91 and Frontier

-batmat-

Nov 10, 2010
Argentina
Funnily enough, I was discussing a few days ago with ShadowStar about the amount of projects with the '' vs '' on their title, and how unoriginal it felt for titles. And here's another one! From the top of my head...

Batman v Superman, Batman vs Robin, Batman vs Two-Face, Justice League vs Teen Titans, Justice Leave vs The Fatal Five, Teen Titans vs Teen Titans Go... you get the idea.

That aside, this is interesting. Not particulary stoked, I think this will be along the vein of ''Trapped In Time'' but I will definitely check it out when its released

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
It's happening! Syfy has the exclusive details and a first look image of the upcoming animated movie.

Wow. I know there was a poll for people who had watched Return of the Caped Crusaders asking if they would watch a Batman and TMNT movie, but I never really thought it would happen. Awesome :D!

I'm kind of surprised they're not bringing in a specific Turtles iteration to team-up with Batman, but I guess they're not using an established version of Batman either :confused:.

That being said, from what I've heard of the Turtles VA's, they all sound like they'll fit their respective Turtle well :anime:.

I knew it was inevitable that Troy Baker would eventually voice both Batman and Joker in an individual project. And hey, Batman has his trunks back ;).

It's nice to see Batgirl in an animated movie again, and they're even using the Burnside costume (not my favorite, but it looks fine here). I think Rachel Bloom will do a good job in the role :).

John DiMaggio as Mr. Freeze should be interesting :cool:.

I liked Carlos Alazraqui as Bane in Justice League: Doom so cool to have him back :evil:.

I don't think Ra's was involved with any of the comic stories, so it should be interesting to see how they work him in here :ack:.

The art style looks nice. Reminds me of the art for the B:TAS/TMNT comic :robin:.
I wonder if Roger Craig Smith was too busy or if Troy pulling double duty was a budgetary thing?
Tara Strong is also playing both Harley and Poison Ivy again in an animated movie for, like, the third time (not counting DC Super Hero Girls), so either it's a budgetary thing or just more convenient :sweat:.
Okay, I'm all hyped for this but if I may ask... Why does it gotta be titled VS?
Probably because "vs" has become a shorthand for team-up movies...and we will probably see Batman and the Turtles tussle at least once during the movie :rolleyes2:.

Greg91

Reporter
Dec 30, 2013
Canada
YES!!! It's really happening! I'm crazy excited for this! I was so hyped when the comic was announced and now I'm even more hyped that it's getting animated. This is the second 2D animated Turtles movie after Turtles Forever a decade ago (that's so crazy to say).

It's cool that Troy Baker will be voicing both Batman and Joker. Also, Batgirl wasn't in the first comic crossover so I'm glad they added her. If they make a few changes, I'm totally cool with that.

I kind of expected to see the Turtles voiced by past voice actors. The 4Kids cast seemed to fit the tone of the book the most but I'm cool with this cast. I hope to see a few more Turtle characters like Splinter, April, and Casey.

It's really cool that Viacom and WB agreed to make this happen. As if four DC Universe Animated Original Movies (including the first Wonder Woman animated movie in a decade) wasn't hype enough. I love when DC has these awesome animated projects that come out of nowhere like Batman Ninja!

Plus seeing the Turtles in Injustice 2 felt like a precursor to this announcement. What a fantastic way to celebrate Batman's 80th anniversary and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' 35th anniversary!
I don't think Ra's was involved with any of the comic stories, so it should be interesting to see how they work him in here :ack:.
Shredder teams up with Ra's and the League in the first crossover story.

Sonic_Eclipse

Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!
Jul 20, 2007
PA
I've never read any of the cross-overs with TMNT, so I'm not aware of the tone they usually are.

While this is definitely cool, I have to admit that I'm disappointed that it looks like they went with a comedic direction for this movie, when I would've preferred something a little more serious. Really not digging the design for Batman neither.

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com
John DiMaggio as Mr. Freeze should be interesting :cool:.

He voiced Mr. Freeze on Batman The Brave And The Bold. This is just the first time in a decade he's voicing him with more substantial materiel.

I kind of expected to see the Turtles voiced by past voice actors.
I mentioned above that Eric Bauza and Darren Criss are reprising their roles as Leo and Raph from Turtles Take Time And Space .

Reactions: Greg91

Greg91

Reporter
Dec 30, 2013
Canada
I mentioned above that Eric Bauza and Darren Criss are reprising their roles as Leo and Raph from Turtles Take Time And Space .
I meant one of the four animated series, but you're right, there are a couple voice reprisals. This should be Eric Bauza and Darren Criss' biggest role playing Leo and Raph compared to the shorts. Of course, Eric Bauza has a continually expanding history with TMNT now that's he's played Tiger Claw and Splinter among other characters.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Some more random comments-

This almost feels like a continuation of the Batman Unlimited line (which only makes Roger Craig Smith's absence more noticeable...) I think there was a mobile game or something set in that continuity where Batgirl appeared, with that same design (well, the costume anyway). It's not much to go by, just a thought.

I would expect some of the TMNT supporting characters or at least enemies will show up. Having only Batman rogues is cool and all, but in cross-overs like these I think both sides should be represented.

Still, this is very, very cool. Last year we had Batman & Scooby-Doo, now we're getting this. Hopefully they will keep this up for a while longer, leading to some more surprising titles.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
YES!!! It's really happening! I'm crazy excited for this! I was so hyped when the comic was announced and now I'm even more hyped that it's getting animated. This is the second 2D animated Turtles movie after Turtles Forever a decade ago (that's so crazy to say).
Wow, it's been that long :eek:?
It's cool that Troy Baker will be voicing both Batman and Joker. Also, Batgirl wasn't in the first comic crossover so I'm glad they added her. If they make a few changes, I'm totally cool with that.
I think we're going to get a mix of the two major Batman/TMNT crossovers, the comic version with the New 52 and IDW Turtles and the cartoon version with B:TAS and the 2K12 Turtles. Damian Robin was in the former while Batgirl was in the latter ;).
I kind of expected to see the Turtles voiced by past voice actors. The 4Kids cast seemed to fit the tone of the book the most but I'm cool with this cast. I hope to see a few more Turtle characters like Splinter, April, and Casey.
I was kind of expecting them to bring back the 2K12 VA's since they're still relatively recent and would fit the style of this project :ack:.

I am kind of glad they're going with more standard takes on the Turtles instead of using the Rise versions :).
Shredder teams up with Ra's and the League in the first crossover story.
Wow, I forgot all about that. Makes me wonder if we'll see Shredder at all, and I agree that I hope Splinter, Casey, and April show up as well :cool:.
This almost feels like a continuation of the Batman Unlimited line (which only makes Roger Craig Smith's absence more noticeable...) I think there was a mobile game or something set in that continuity where Batgirl appeared, with that same design (well, the costume anyway). It's not much to go by, just a thought.
Yeah, and Batman's got the blue and grey suit with a yellow Bat-Symbol, same as Batman Unlimited. I'm starting to wonder if Roger Craig Smith was going to be in this before something came up :sweat:.

Heck, Troy Baker is pretty much Smith's Joker too :confused:.

(If Lucien Dodge is voicing Robin, that'll cinch it for me. Or maybe Yuri Lownethal?).
Still, this is very, very cool. Last year we had Batman & Scooby-Doo, now we're getting this. Hopefully they will keep this up for a while longer, leading to some more surprising titles.
In before yearly Batman team-up movies become the norm :p.

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com
1. I saw Jeremy Adams retweet the news on Twitter, which I think hints that he wrote it. We have to wait and see.

2. Since Eric Bauza is already in the movie as Leo, I think he could also reprise the role of Splinter from Rise Of The TMNT.

Status
Not open for further replies.