"Batman: The Long Halloween, Parts 1-2" Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I'm guessing Part 2 will be released in early September (the 7th or 14th) since the initial announcement listed this for "Fall 2021". Unless things changed.

Honestly I was expecting clips from Part 1 before a trailer release for the sequel. At this rate we will probably see a trailer for the Deluxe version and have a release date before Part 2 comes out. :p

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
I'm shocked this is all coming out so quickly. The wait between installments for the last two part projects was much longer.

Also, a little weird that they have again separated the digital and home media release. In fact, the whole rollout of this project has been bizarre.

Still, it looks great and that's the important thing.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Super PR Guy is still saying 2022 for the Deluxe Edition on his twitter. Should hear about it later this year, so presumably an early release.
I'm aware but it's very odd they're staying clear of late 2022. Hmm... but come to think of it. Perhaps the bean counters have determined that September to December has a terrible history of sales for new releases.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
I'm aware but it's very odd they're staying clear of late 2022. Hmm... but come to think of it. Perhaps the bean counters have determined that September to December has a terrible history of sales for new releases.

Well, there's the Mortal Kombat Legends sequel (Not confirmed, but the composer has it listed on his site) and the Scooby/Courage DTV, so perhaps they are taking the Fall slots.

ShadowStar

I don't see a voice actor for Riddler listed anywhere. Am I missing something? Is his actor one of the additional voices?

Definitely DON'T WATCH the trailer if you don't know the story already. Overall its not very spoiler heavy but Im surprised they include
Two-Face in it, and even more, have him on the cover art

I don't like Poison Ivy's voice at all. Everyone else sounds great!

This is so weird!

Spoiler-tagging a certain character out of respect for the fact that you've done the same and I'm replying to your post.

I think he's on the cover art because given the look of the Part One home video release, they need another iconic villain to take centre stage on the Part Two cover. It's Joker for Part One, so
Two-Face
makes sense for Part Two. I agree that it's a spoiler for those who aren't familiar with the story, but I can't imagine who else they would use for the second cover, to follow in Joker's footsteps. On a related note, it's kind of weird that Batman is on both covers. Obviously he has to be, since he's the protagonist and these are both Batman films. But if you put both covers together (as is the temptation, since they look as though they should be paired side-by-side), then it's weird to see two Batmen. Batman doppelganger/clone, anyone? :p

Last edited:

-batmat-

I don't like watching clips but I couldn't help myself for this one. Alastair Duncan sounds amazing and I love the warmness he brings to the role. One of my favorite Alfreds. Jason sounds great as Bruce.

Frontier

Staff member
Riddler is kind of...I don't want to say "bit" part, but he's mostly used as comedy relief and not in a very flattering way so I can see some sense in cutting him out. Calendar Man basically makes him redundant in the entire story anyways.

If he's still in it it'll probably just be for a cameo.

the greenman

Riddler is kind of...I don't want to say "bit" part, but he's mostly used as comedy relief and not in a very flattering way so I can see some sense in cutting him out. Calendar Man basically makes him redundant in the entire story anyways.

If he's still in it it'll probably just be for a cameo.
Hmm, didn't think of Riddler as comic relief at all. Though in this adaptation, maybe. Calendar Man should be bit roles as he is the obvious red herring. Bats needs both of them, but to keep story flowing, they should be backgrounds. 5-10 mins of each max.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.

Featured Posts