"Batman: The Long Halloween, Parts 1-2" Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
As with pretty much all the DCAU DTV movies, I haven't read the original story but the teaser on the Justice Society disc has me excited for it.

Also, hard to believe it's been two years since a "traditional" Batman movie (Soul of the Dragon was so different in many ways that I don't think of it in that category, much as I enjoyed it), so the time is definitely right for it.

Otaku-sempai

As with pretty much all the DCAU DTV movies, I haven't read the original story but the teaser on the Justice Society disc has me excited for it.

Also, hard to believe it's been two years since a "traditional" Batman movie (Soul of the Dragon was so different in many ways that I don't think of it in that category, much as I enjoyed it), so the time is definitely right for it.
I can highly recommend the original story by Loeb and Sale, though you might want to hold off and go into the movie clean. It's always good to have a fresh perspective.

Dallas Kinard

I am very excited about this one. Unless it's made explicitly clear this is intended to be canon to the Lukic-verse, I'll be considering it a perfect sequel to "Batman: Year One".

Frontier

Staff member
That's definitely one addition from the original story ;).

"Team of detectives" is kind of more of a Dark Victory/The Dark Knight thing, but I wonder who will be part of it...Bullock and Crispus Allen :)?

Now I really won't be surprised if Barbara Gordon Jr. shows up as one of Jim's kids...

Otaku-sempai

That's definitely one addition from the original story ;).

"Team of detectives" is kind of more of a Dark Victory/The Dark Knight thing, but I wonder who will be part of it...Bullock and Crispus Allen :)?

Now I really won't be surprised if Barbara Gordon Jr. shows up as one of Jim's kids...
Either daughter by blood or niece. She's been both (possibly at the same time).

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
A Sneak Peek At Batman: The Long Halloween: Part One

Okay, that's looks... intense. Not bad, mind you. I am specifically interested in the filmmakers describing animating shots in darkness and light because that suggests the film is going to be very cinematic, which will look visually cool. The lady who played Catwoman died, right? She's so young! How? It makes me sad to see her interview. Speaking of which, what the hell happened to Revolution's Billy Burke? A Man-bun? Seriously? I don't think that would pass muster in the Monroe Militia. Get a haircut, you hippie. ***1/2.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
IGN already has the trailer for Part 2.

Cast & crew details.
The Long Halloween, Part Two features the same creative team as Part One, including supervising producer Butch Lukic, director Chris Palmer and screenwriter Tim Sheridan. The film is produced by Jim Krieg and Kimberly S. Moreau and executive produced by Michael Uslan and Sam Register.
Most of the Part One voice cast will return for the sequel, including Jensen Ackles (Supernatural, Batman: Under the Red Hood) as Batman/Bruce Wayne, the late Naya Rivera (Glee) as Catwoman/Selina Kyle, Josh Duhamel (Transformers, Las Vegas) as Harvey Dent/Two-Face, Billy Burke (Twilight, Revolution, Zoo) as Commissioner James Gordon, Katee Sackhoff (The Mandalorian, Battlestar Galactica, Batman: Year One) as Poison Ivy, Titus Welliver (Bosch, Deadwood) as Carmine Falcone, Julie Nathanson (Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, Suicide Squad: Hell To Pay) as Gilda Dent, David Dastmalchian (The Suicide Squad, Dune, Ant-Man,) as Calendar Man and The Penguin, Troy Baker (The Last of Us, Batman: Arkham Knight) as The Joker, Amy Landecker (Your Honor, Transparent) as Barbara Gordon and Carla Vitti, Fred Tatasciore (American Dad!, Family Guy) as Solomon Grundy, Alyssa Diaz (The Rookie, Ray Donovan) as Renee Montoya and Alastair Duncan (The Batman, Batman Unlimited franchise) as Alfred.
Part Two will also feature several new additions to the voice cast. These newcomers include Robin Atkin Downes (The Strain, Constantine: City of Demons) as both Scarecrow and Thomas Wayne, John DiMaggio (Futurama, Disenchantment) as the Mad Hatter, Laila Berzins (Genshin Impact) as Sofia Falcone, Jim Pirri (World of Warcraft franchise) as Sal Maroni and Zach Callison (The Goldbergs, Steven Universe) as Young Bruce Wayne. Gary Leroi Gray and Rick Wasserman also provide additional voice work.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Yeah, I didn't read the entire IGN article, my bad.
Part Two will also feature several new additions to the voice cast. These newcomers include Robin Atkin Downes (The Strain, Constantine: City of Demons) as both Scarecrow and Thomas Wayne, John DiMaggio (Futurama, Disenchantment) as the Mad Hatter, Laila Berzins (Genshin Impact) as Sofia Falcone, Jim Pirri (World of Warcraft franchise) as Sal Maroni and Zach Callison (The Goldbergs, Steven Universe) as Young Bruce Wayne. Gary Leroi Gray and Rick Wasserman also provide additional voice work.

TheGreatOne2

I wonder how many people will wait for the deluxe edition to come out next year rather than buy 2 part split editions?

Instead of spiting the movie into 2 parts. They should release the deluxe full movie straight away. Many people will want the full movie instead of having a half a movie now than wait for the other half later.

Last edited:

-batmat-

Definitely DON'T WATCH the trailer if you don't know the story already. Overall its not very spoiler heavy but Im surprised they include
Two-Face in it, and even more, have him on the cover art

I don't like Poison Ivy's voice at all. Everyone else sounds great!

This is so weird!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Hmm, I think the early trailer release hints at the release date itself. We could be looking at something like August or September rather than October or November. Too bad Halloween doesn't fall on a Tuesday, that would have been a great choice.

EDIT: And confirms Katee Sackhoff from the original rumor (and Matthew Gray Gubler turned out to be false).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts