"Batman: The Long Halloween, Parts 1-2" Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmaHalJordan

Batman: The Long Halloween, Part One is coming June 22, 2021 to Digital and Blu-ray! Check out the press details (you will want to, trust me), package art, and trailer at The World's Finest!
I am excited about the date because that may mean that we will have the second part in 2021.
It would be a disappointment to know that one of the 3 films of 2022 is Batman. I need more surprises like the Justice Society !! :D

Otaku-sempai

I am excited about the date because that may mean that we will have the second part in 2021.
It would be a disappointment to know that one of the 3 films of 2022 is Batman. I need more surprises like the Justice Society !! :D
Well, the combined Deluxe Collector's Edition will be released in 2022, but maybe that is not counted in the official count of the films.

the greenman

Well, if they do not schedule part 2 for October, that really will be a disappointment.
Well, the combined Deluxe Collector's Edition will be released in 2022, but maybe that is not counted in the official count of the films.
I don't believe it is. It'll be considered a bonus of sorts.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

ShadowStar

Maybe Riddler, Ivy, and Penguin in part 2.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
Well...

Riddler, perhaps, if they use the April Fool's Day event as the "opener" for Part Two. But Poison Ivy should very much be a part of the Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day events, and those should be placed in Part One.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
If Part 2 comes late September-early October, when would the Deluxe edition come out? I'm hesitating on buying both parts separately.
I would guess early Spring 2022 like late February to March.

1. Looking at the most recent deluxe edition:

The Death of Superman released on July 24, 2018 and August 7, 2018.

Reign of the Supermen released on January 15, 2019 and January 29, 2019.

The Death and Return of Superman Deluxe Edition released on October 1, 2019.

So from the physical release date of the second movie, that's about 8 months until the deluxe came out.

2. Other releases

a. Early 2022 will also have the first release of the 2022 line around that time, too, which may throw a monkey wrench in the early spring guess. It all depends when the first release is.

If it's like Soul of the Dragon and releases January 12/January 24, 2021, then the early spring release guess should hold.

But if it's like Red Son and releases February 25/March 17, 2020, maybe the deluxe edition will come out in January instead OR in April or May.

b. Then there's also the question of when the DC Showcase collection is going to release.

The last regular short came with the Apokolips War set on May 19, 2020. Then the Death in the Family set came out on October 13. A 4 month gap. So if Long Halloween Part 2 comes out in late fall, this Showcase set is also looking at an early 2022 release.

c. both collections will release around the same time.

Stu

Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I wonder what thought went into releasing the Deluxe Edition months after Part 2? Even a shrink wrap job with a few bucks off the price of both features would be an enticement some would take?

By that point, spoilers will be unavoidable and by the very nature of the story, it's impact will be lost if the mystery as to who The Holiday Killer actually is. Surely the double dipping audience for this kind of feature is minute?

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Well they've pulled the deluxe edition trick twice before, so it's no surprise. It must be working or they would stop commissioning two parters.

Probably helps that 'The Batman' is due for release early next year as well. Helps promote the movie and may entice a few more people to pick up the shiny new deluxe edition if Bat-mania is in full swing once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts