"Batman: The Doom That Came To Gotham" Animated Feature News & Discussion (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
The trailer is out. According to the description on YouTube, the movie will be available to own on Digital, 4K and Blu-ray on March 28, 2023.

Inspired by the comic book series by Mike Mignola, Richard Pace and Troy Nixey, BATMAN: THE DOOM THAT CAME TO GOTHAM is a 1920s-based tale that finds explorer Bruce Wayne accidentally unleashing an ancient evil, expediting his return to Gotham City after a two-decade hiatus. The logic/science-driven Batman must battle Lovecraftian supernatural forces threatening the sheer existence of Gotham, along the way being aided and confronted by reimagined versions of his well-known allies and enemies, including Green Arrow, Ra’s al Ghul, Mr. Freeze, Killer Croc, Two-Face, James Gordon and Bruce’s beloved wards. Prepare for a mystical, often terrifying Batman adventure unlike any other.

BATMAN: THE DOOM THAT CAME TO GOTHAM will be available to own on Digital, 4K and Blu-ray on March 28, 2023

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Warner Bros. Discovery Home Entertainment has announced "Batman: The Doom That Came To Gotham" will hit Digital, 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray and Blu-ray on March 28, 2023! Check out the press details, artwork and trailer over at WF!
Commentary track. I'm sold.

Pretty good looking animation in that trailer. Loving that design for Batman, very improved from the similar design in Gotham by Gaslight. Loved that bit of Etrigan showing up instead of Jason's reflection.

March 28. Just a month and 3 weeks after Legion? Must be a lot of releases this year if they bunching up it fairly close to each other.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
The trailer is out. According to the description on YouTube, the movie will be available to own on Digital, 4K and Blu-ray on March 28, 2023.

Inspired by the comic book series by Mike Mignola, Richard Pace and Troy Nixey, BATMAN: THE DOOM THAT CAME TO GOTHAM is a 1920s-based tale that finds explorer Bruce Wayne accidentally unleashing an ancient evil, expediting his return to Gotham City after a two-decade hiatus. The logic/science-driven Batman must battle Lovecraftian supernatural forces threatening the sheer existence of Gotham, along the way being aided and confronted by reimagined versions of his well-known allies and enemies, including Green Arrow, Ra’s al Ghul, Mr. Freeze, Killer Croc, Two-Face, James Gordon and Bruce’s beloved wards. Prepare for a mystical, often terrifying Batman adventure unlike any other.

BATMAN: THE DOOM THAT CAME TO GOTHAM will be available to own on Digital, 4K and Blu-ray on March 28, 2023
Lots of thoughts:

- This feels like a supernatural twist of Gotham by Gaslight.

- David Giuntoli's Batman sounds a lot different than he did in Soul of the Dragon.

- Talia can fight!

- Naked Etrigan! That was a really cool use of the mirror to show both him and Jason together!

- Templar Green Arrow!

- Supernatural Poison Ivy and Killer Croc!

- Is that girl supposed to be a spin on Cassandra Cain?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Pretty cool trailer. I think the designs look good and similar to the comic's style. Especially liked Jason Blood and Etrigan, as others mentioned. As for the story, it's been a while since I checked the comics, but I am guessing there will be some changes in the movie anyway. Looking forward to seeing more.

Otaku-sempai

Pretty cool trailer. I think the designs look good and similar to the comic's style. Especially liked Jason Blood and Etrigan, as others mentioned. As for the story, it's been a while since I checked the comics, but I am guessing there will be some changes in the movie anyway. Looking forward to seeing more.
The most obvious change, from the trailer, is the replacement of Tim Drake for Kai Li Cain, this movie's version of Cassandra Cain. But we knew about this since the original cast announcement, along with Jason Todd being changed to Sanjay “Jay” Tawde.

Otaku-sempai

Commentary track. I'm sold.

March 28. Just a month and 3 weeks after Legion? Must be a lot of releases this year if they bunching up it fairly close to each other.
Well, outside of the DCU line we still have Justice League x RWBY and Batman Azteca coming up.

I wonder if DC Animated is exhausting Batman "source material" at this point. But anyway, trailer looked
great and I'm in.
Not nearly, not even if we just consider Elseworlds.

Otaku-sempai

This is Batman we're talking about. I didn't even know this story existed before they announced it :p.
I'm not sure what you mean by that, Frontier. Surely, you were already aware that Batman: The Doom That Came to Gotham was a serialized Elseworlds story that was originally published in 2000 & 2001? Did it somehow escape your attention at the time?

Frontier

Staff member
I'm not sure what you mean by that, Frontier. Surely, you were already aware that Batman: The Doom That Came to Gotham was a serialized Elseworlds story that was originally published in 2000 & 2001? Did it somehow escape your attention at the time?
Yeah, I had genuinely never heard of it before they announced the movie.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Today i learned that David Cronenberg (The Fly, Scanners) has a son who’s also a director and i saw a very psychedelic arthouse film made by him called Infinity Pool. I hope he becomes a more high profile director some day.

I wouldn’t recommend it to people who don’t watch arthouse movies though. It’s also very adult-oriented if you know what i mean
Update on the M&M's situation. He has reliable sources in this video.
Review Metabee wrote on DaGangOfToonz's profile.
is there any chance you are stoonsarchvie/sheetposter
Was "Xiaolin Chronicles" dubbed in both European Spanish and Latin American Spanish, like "Xiaolin Showdown"?

Featured Posts