"Batman: The Complete Animated Series" Blu-ray Release Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

How would you rate the "Batman: The Complete Animated Series" Blu-ray?

• ***1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

-batmat-

Robin's Reckoning was fixed by Fox the second time it aired, but the old WHV set used the first broadcast rather than the fixed one. Not sure about Night Of The Ninja or Joker's Wild. But a very common complaint about the DVD set is that they used the incorrect footage.
I see! Never knew that. Good info. I'm positive about Night Of The Ninja. Compared it directly with the DVD. The flashbacks' sepia tone is tamer for some reason.

Yep, they fixed the Joker mobile sign from Joker's Wild.

Another fix I noticed, in the episode Moon of the Wolf, Dr. Milo's coat would laughably change color from white to brown, sometimes even in the same scene! It was really bad, it's thankfully been fixed in the remaster.
I haven't watched that one yet. I wonder if they also corrected the bat emblema on the batsuit, I remember it went white for a moment instead of yellow. But yeah, that episode is one my least favorites overall in the series, to not be very harsh about it.

Sonic_Eclipse

Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!
Just picked this set up at Best Buy on Friday, and I'm pretty happy with it so far. I'm a little disappointed with the lack of disc art, but no big deal. I love that the set includes MoTP and Sub-Zero, but I kinda wish it also included Mystery of the Batwoman to go a long with them, even if that movie kinda sucks.

Heres hoping Batman Beyond isn't too far behind.

Last edited:

-batmat-

Just watched ''If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich?'' and noticed 2 corrections. The ''TWO YEARS LATER'' sign now is complete on screen, I remember the sign was really big and went off screen in the DVD. Also, the scenes in the maze where the Riddler's mask and gloves went grey are now corrected and are purple.

Also, I didn't compare it to the DVD, but the opening scene in ''The Strange Secret of Bruce Wayne'' with Judge Vargas in the bridge seemed MUCH brighter than the original for some reason.

----------------------------------
EDIT Feb. 4th:
I haven't watched that one yet. I wonder if they also corrected the bat emblema on the batsuit, I remember it went white for a moment instead of yellow. But yeah, that episode is one my least favorites overall in the series, to not be very harsh about it.
This has been fixed. Also, the episode is not as bad as I remembered. Still, nothing too good either!

EDIT Mar. 13th

The scene in "A Bullet For Bullock" where Bullock visits Summer Gleeson in the editing room, is colored differently and just looks very weird. The backgrounds have a dark green tone, and the characters themselves are grey, comparing with the DVD, both backgrounds and characters had a blue tone.

Also, this is the first episode in the blu-ray that has the TAOBAR intro, but curiously, it has the classic credits picture instead of the orange one with Batman and Robin. While I was comparing with the DVD for the Bullock and Gleeson scene, I noticed that in the DVD, this episode had the classic BTAS intro, so I have no idea why the mix up.

EDIT Mar. 18th

Both "Avatar" and "House and Garden" have a terrible sound quality. Who knows why! "Shadow of the Bat" has a yellowish tone in a lot of parts and "Trial" has a couple of scenes where the colors suddenly feel different from one moment to the other.

EDIT Mar. 27th

''Harlequinade'' has the same audio problem. ''Catwalk'' has the TAOBAR intro where Im guessing it shouldn't since Robin is not in it. Also, in episodes with the TAOBAR new credits picture, they use the classic score instead of the new one created for it. ''Catwalk''s title card also looks very pixelated for some reason.

After I mentioned some of the audio problems in the blu-ray.com forum, someone made this. The difference is astonishing. All the dialogue sounds muddled and filtered of treble , the center dialogue sounds slightly panned to the right, and all the ambience noise is gone. A real shame, and a true head scratcher as to why this happened.

EDIT Apr. 5th

''Riddler's Reform'' scenes with the rain, look almost like the DVD, the quality drops in a very evident way. I wonder if it's because the negatives didn't have the rain and they had no way of replicating it so it would be just the same

EDIT Apr. 11th

"Sins of The Father" When Two-Face starts broadcasting his messege on TV, suddenly the picture gets a light blue tone. I figured they might have added it for the TV thing, but no, it's there for the rest of the episode. Very annoying.

I'm pointing out differences in the blu ray from the DVD, since they are mostly flaws I just wanted to make it clear that still I'm enjoying this A LOT and the video quality is miles ahead of the DVD, aside from the ocassional compression issue.

Last edited: