Batman: The Brave & The Bold "Terror on Dinosaur Island!" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment on "Terror on Dinosaur Island!"

• Total voters

Bird Boy

WF Admin
Staff member
It's time to get brave...with the second episode of Batman: The Brave and The Bold!

Batman: The Brave and The Bold
Episode #02 - Terror on Dinosaur Island!
Original Airdate - November 21st, 2008
Batman and Plastic Man thwart Gorilla Grodd's plot to devolve humans into primates.

Comments?

chdr

Really enjoying Plastic Man so far.

And it's interesting to see two different takes on the "Dinosaur Island" story in the space of a few months. (TBATB and The New Frontier)

tb4000

Plastic Man: Are you seeing what I'm seeing,because I'm seeing gorillas, riding pterodactyls...with harpoons....carrying a boat.

Batman: It's Gorilla Grodd.

Plastic Man: IT'S MESSED UP IS WHAT IT IS!

LOL.

Don_East

A regular character.
Grodd turned into a naked bald man. This episode was funny, way better than last week.

Old Guy

I missed last week's premiere. So, this is the first episode I've see. Overall...I don't like the show. I'm just not a fan of campy Batman. Sure...I enjoyed the Adam West show and I don't think Batman Forever is that bad but everything else (comics, Filmation, H-B) didn't work for me. I'm sure kids love the show. There's plenty of action after all. But the show just doesn't work for me.

jph139

Immortal
Another fantastic episode. :D Humor, action, and some fantastic Batmanisms. I mean, completely reversing the machine while Grodd wasn't looking? BRILLIANT! HE'S BATMAN!

Oh, and Plastic Man was great. They do a really good job with the guest characters, or, at least, have so far.

creativerealms

Even though Plasticman predates One Piece by 60 years I can't help but feel like the character was Luffy mixed with Spongebob (Voice actor) and I loved it.

Comics_the_QB

My common sense is tingling
Wow!

Great episode! Everything was pretty much top-notch! The humor, action and everything else.

Plastic-man was just brilliant in this episode. Grodd was a great villain and the Gentleman Ghost opening sequence was just wonderful! Wow, this is a much better episode than last weeks. I really hope we see Grodd again.

Also 'Batape' was pretty neat as well. He pretty much gained control as soon as he turned into it. Loved his design.

A

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
I wish Fire could've done more than just fly in and deliver a bad pun. Plus, I hated her mask.

Other than that, no complaints.

Temple Fugate

Wow, and I was expecting this episode to go over worse than last week's. I mean, first Plastic Man is shown to be immature and unethical, and then it turns into another episode where the guest hero learns a lesson.

I really don't see much of a difference in these two episodes. Which is a good thing, because they're both great! I do like this one slightly better because of all the Plastic Man hilarity. The shovel bit, getting chewed by the t-rex, and firing gold from his mouth were the big highlights.

It's so great to see a DC hero show that can cut loose the way they do here. And they can get away with all of it because the show is light-hearted and aims to please. TBATB combines the wacky side of Teen Titans with the straight-laced storytelling of the DCAU. And it's got Batman playing the straight man. The scene at the beginning with Bats contemplating ejecting Plastic Man from the Batplane had me laughing out loud.

My parents watched this one with me, which is a rarity these days. I remember all of us watching the series premiere of BTAS so long ago, but my family never warmed up to JL/U. It feels like old times again.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
who did gentleman ghosts' voice sounds like eric idle

Greg Ellis provided the voice.

Another funny, well-done episode. The beginning sequence with Batman, Plastic Man, Gentleman Ghost, and Fire was beautifully done. The fireworks during the "Dia de los Muertos" celebration looked well-animated, and the fight sequence was also good. The main episode was also fun, especially Batman uppercutting a human Gorilla Grodd and Plastic Man was hilarious as a random shovel.

While this show is obviously aimed more at kids than any of the previous DC shows, I'm glad they are still writing good backstories and likeable characters. Plastic Man's origin was probably my favorite part of the episode, and having him start out as a thug working for Kite-Man was clever, as well as Batman caring for him showed nice character traits. Not a big fan of Gorilla Grodd, but he was well here. I enjoyed him more as a human, though.

Overall, another excellent episode. This is shaping up to be a fun series, and I cannot wait until we see who else will show up next week.

5/5

NEXT EPISODE: When Atlantis villains Black Manta and Ocean Master plot to assassinate Aquaman, the ruler of Atlantis, Batman goes underwater to save the arrogant ruler. Also, Batman and the Atom unite to foil Felix Faust.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts