"Batman: The Brave and The Bold...Music Meister" Soundtrack Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment On This Soundtrack!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The score to the animated television series Batman: The Brave and The Bold episode “Mayhem of the Music Meister!” is now available!

Batman: The Brave and The Bold - Mayhem of the Music Meister
Label: New Line Records (Amazon CD Release/Download, iTunes Download)
Release Date: October 24th, 2009 (Amazon CD Release/Download, iTunes Download)

Synopsis: The Caped Crusader faces a new villain in the Batman: The Brave & The Bold “Mayhem of the Music Meister!” episode, and you can relive every beat in this new soundtrack release! The episode, from Warner Bros Animation, features the voice of Neil Patrick Harris as the Music Meister, a menacing villain who is able to exert powerful mind-control through song. Released by New Line Records, Batman: The Brave & The Bold - Mayhem of the Music Meister! - Soundtrack from the Animated Television Show is available as both a compact disc or download release on Amazon.com and as a digital download on iTunes and other digital music outlets. The soundtrack features all six original songs from the episode as well as the highly sought Batman: The Brave & The Bold theme.

Track Listings:
1. Batman: The Brave and the Bold Theme
2. I'm the Music Meister
3. Drive Us Bats
4. If Only
5. Death Trap
6. The World Is Mine
7. If Only (Reprise)
8. Drives Us Bats ("Mayhem of the Music Meister!" End Credits)

Comments?

Related Threads:
-Batman: The Brave And The Bold "Mayhem of the Music Meister!" Talkback (Spoilers)
-Green Lantern: First Flight Soundtrack Talkback (Spoilers)
-Superman/Batman: Public Enemies Soundtrack Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman: Mask of the Phantasm - Expanded Soundtrack Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman: The Animated Series Soundtrack Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman: Gotham Knight Soundtrack Talkback (Spoilers)
-Teen Titans: Trouble in Tokyo Soundtrack Talkback (Spoilers)
-Justice League: The New Frontier Soundtrack Talkback (Spoilers)
-Superman Doomsday Soundtrack Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker Soundtrack Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman Beyond Soundtrack Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman: Mask of the Phantasm Original Soundtrack Release Talkback (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I'm glad they included the main theme and even the end credits. Unlike the DC Universe soundtracks, I'm strongly considering putting this one on my Sandisk Sansa player. My favorite song right now is "Drive Us Bats."

My only gripe is the lyrics for each song aren't included. Sometimes I like to read them in my head as the song plays or just want to make sure I heard something right.

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
I'm curious, has anyone bought the Amazon CD on Demand version?

It's just a dollar more than the iTunes version, but I was wondering if it looks like some Amazon employee burned a CD and put it in a jewel case or if it looks like any other CD I would buy at the store?

The way the description reads, 'This product is manufactured on demand using CD-R recordable media' concerns me in this regard.

Shadow_X

Gotham's Shadow
Hi,

I'm curious, has anyone bought the Amazon CD on Demand version?

It's just a dollar more than the iTunes version, but I was wondering if it looks like some Amazon employee burned a CD and put it in a jewel case or if it looks like any other CD I would buy at the store?

The way the description reads, 'This product is manufactured on demand using CD-R recordable media' concerns me in this regard.

I actually was curious about this too, I wanted to buy the soundtrack but that note about the "CD-R" concern me too, on the other hand the Superman/Batman Public Enemies Soundtrack has that same note and one review said this:

The CD cover artwork, inside album art and CD design is excellent, too.

So maybe it´s the same with the "Music Meister" Soundtrack, but if anyone has a copy and could confirm us the quality of the CD, that would be great!

Later...

Daxdiv

Does this look like the face of mercy?
Well, since I got this in the mail today thanks to the contest held here, once again, thanks for the prize. I decided to popped it in. Yeah, I loved the episode, and I love this CD even more. I wasn't surprised that the parts that had Batman giving a monologue being muted out and instead having the instruments playing, I got to say that those were some nice BGM. Basically the disc for me feels like I'm listening to an audio only version of this episode, and I like it like that, since I am a sucker for musicals.

So hard for me to pick a favorite song, but if I had to pick one, I think it would be a toss up between I'm the Music Meister, Drives Us Bats, The World Is Mine, and If Only (Reprise). Almost half the soundtrack. Didn't pick the theme song since I'm trying to pick original songs, and I like the If Only with James Arnold Taylor and Grey Delisle more than Neil Patrick Harris one. Drives us Bats (End Credits version) was nice, but I prefer the longer version.

Jedigreedo

Chill. It's only an opinion.
When I first saw the episode, I highly feared that they would either take forever to make the songs available outside of the actual episode, or possibly never make them available. I found it quite amazing that not only was there a soundtrack planned, but that it came out so close to the episode - although I suppose it could be theorized that that was the excuse for the episode's delay in the first place.

So, is the soundtrack worthwhile? Absolutely - if you loved the episode, or at least the songs. Otherwise, it doesn't really offer much to entice people that may not have liked the episode. This is both good as the episode's songs are present in a very clear quality - and a bit disappointing after I had learned about Grey DeLisle's musical career. I was hoping there would be some bonus songs exclusive to the CD to expand on her amazing talent. Of course, they did go the extra mile to not only include the slightly different "Drives Us Bats" from the end credits, but also the Brave and the Bold theme song; both are nice touches, and welcome additions.

Despite the low amount of content on the CD, they inarguably gave it some very beautiful packaging. It comes packed in the common jewel case that you expect with CDs, but it's wonderfully adorned on each side with high-quality graphics that properly reflect Brave and the Bold. Of course, I have to say the actual cover art is a bit bland with Music Meister and Batman simply standing there, but there are some mostly-redeeming subtle easter-eggs in the picture. If you look around the picture, you'll see the various titles for the songs placed around the cityscape in clever ways, as well as all of Meister's great costumes on the large screens in the center.

Granted, not quite as well hidden as easter-eggs usually are, but it manages to liven up the seemingly bland cover. The CD's cover art is complimented by an eye-catching rear ( :sweat: ), which could have simply had a single color background to list the text against, but they went the extra mile. It's a very beautiful splash of color with unobstrusive musical notes graphics surrounding the text area. Very nicely done, I think.

Inside is a pleasant surprise; the disc has an incredibly well done label. I expected a bare disc, so it was very surprising to find not only a label, but an impressive label. That's really the highlight of opening it, though, as they decided not to include much on the insert. There is a nice picture of Canary and Batman, accompanied with credits for all of those involved in making the CD. The inside has a very cool scenic shot of the city from outside of Gotham, and a very B:TAS-inspired shot of Arkham Asylum. Unfortunately, they're mildly covered by a list of the song titles with the various credits for the songs - pretty much exactly what's on the back, but more specifically detailed.

As others have mentioned, it would have been nice to find the lyrics to the various songs included. Although, I can understand the songs quite well without written lyrics - but it's always nice to have them anyways.

Overall, even though the soundtrack doesn't have much in the way of bonus material, it doesn't take much away from the fact that it delivers us the amazing musical romps from one of the best episodes of Brave and the Bold. As well, it manages to do it with incredibly pleasing quality, and a very surprisingly devoted attempt at attractive packaging. It would seem incredibly light at $10+, but this is only $8, which both explains the lack of exclusive bonus content and makes it well worth it. I highly recommend picking it up if you enjoyed the episode.

StormBlue

Defender of Light
Once I received an email from James saying I won the soundtrack contest, I was eager to get the CD in my hands.

Upon first review, I was shocked at how little was on the CD. Only 8 tracks with an intro theme I don't like and an end credits track that lasts only 32 seconds, I felt a tad bit cheated. I expected more on the soundtrack album than only the songs from the episode. I was hoping that there were songs that hit the cutting room floor (for time) that were making it to the soundtrack. Alas and alack, that did not happen.

Aside from those few disappointments, I loved the soundtrack. As the poster before me mentioned, if you liked the episode you should like the soundtrack. The CD has been in my car since it arrived, and I can't stop listening to it. Neil Patrick Harris is amazing and did a great job as the guest villain.

It's hard for me to identify a single track that I liked the best.

"I'm the Music Meister" felt the most like a Broadway piece, intermingling the use of dialogue and singing. The track also showcased the background music involved in the episode's first act, instead of treating the track as a mere recording of the scene.

"Drives Us Bats" gets points for its Batman mythos references as well as being a fun upbeat song. The inclusion of Aquaman & Green Arrow's bit at the end still feels as weird as it did during the episode.

"If Only" is well performed and well structured. As a song, it's strong. If I look at the song as a piece within the episode, then the first half suffers because Black Canary's love affair with Batman comes out of nowhere and takes me out of the song. Music Meister actually brings me back to the song because I can believe that his interest in Black Canary is only because of her voice. It works with his schtick. Plus, I love his contrast in the latter half of the song. I know the female/male pairing in this song has been done before (e.g., "Once Upon a Dream," Sleeping Beauty) but it really works here.

"Death Trap" is a fun rock inspired piece but really doesn't offer much other than a style contrast.

"The World is Mine" serves well as a final big production piece. It's understandable as the Music Meister's scheme takes on a larger impact, but as a final piece involving the Music Meister, this song minimizes his role and doesn't give him a fitting farewell piece.

"If Only (Reprise)" is only strong because of the history surrounding Black Canary and Green Arrow. The harmony used toward the end of the song ("If only he could love me... / If only she could love me...") was a nice attempt at setting the track apart from the original.

As I mentioned before, I definitely have this CD playing over and over again in my car and have no plans to take it out anytime soon. A good soundtrack over all.

Daxdiv

Does this look like the face of mercy?
Despite the low amount of content on the CD, they inarguably gave it some very beautiful packaging. It comes packed in the common jewel case that you expect with CDs, but it's wonderfully adorned on each side with high-quality graphics that properly reflect Brave and the Bold. Of course, I have to say the actual cover art is a bit bland with Music Meister and Batman simply standing there, but there are some mostly-redeeming subtle easter-eggs in the picture. If you look around the picture, you'll see the various titles for the songs placed around the cityscape in clever ways, as well as all of Meister's great costumes on the large screens in the center.

Took me a while to notice that myself, like a day after getting the disc, but the songs titles on the CD cover was a nice touch. Along with the Meister's various costumes on the cover as well. Sure it felt basic, but considering it's length, it was well worth it.

Even after a week of getting this, I still play it on my car ride to work and school, it's just that addicting.

Replikon Xum

It's definitely a catchy soundtrack. It would have been nice if they included the rest of the episode score (first attack at the launchpad, Batman saving the "Rockettes" from the rocket, the "Phantom of the Opera" vignette [say, how did Batman know where to find MM, anyway?], and the final knockout blow). There was definitely room on the CD-R for those.

Here's hoping for a sequel.

Xum

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts