Batman: The Brave And The Bold "Fall of the Blue Beetle!" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment on "Fall of the Blue Beetle!"

• Total voters

Bird Boy

WF Admin
Staff member

Episode #08 - Fall of the Blue Beetle!
Original Airdate - January 23rd, 2009
Blue Beetle traces his legacy back to the original Blue Beetle, to learn why the Scarab has chosen him to share in it’s powers and become a super hero. The journey leads him to the dangerous Science Island where he battles legions of robots alongside Batman and learns the truth behind Ted Kord’s disappearance.

Comments?

chdr

Wow, Jaime and his friend are true-blue comic book geeks :p

And what's with "Second Pulse"?

chdr

"A table's never a table with you guys, is it?"

Lovin' Ted Kord so far.

creativerealms

Very good and fun episode.

The Brain is the villain next week? hopefully he's not as boring as he was in teen titans.

Comics_the_QB

My common sense is tingling
Teaser: We see part one of three with Ted Kord! Sweet. I was loving his character and his gadgets. I want an action figure of him. :p

Main: We start out with a Bank Robbery. This was an amusing scene, because the Beetle not even caring about the danger was funny. Then he goes to the base/HQ of the Blue Beetle. I LOVED this scene. Seeing Dan Garret was unexpected.

Who said this show was light? We see two dead people in this episode! I was loving how old-school this episode felt.

4/5

Next: Chemo gives Batman an infectious disease, so it's up to Atom to shrink Aquaman and him down in to Bat's body and save him. I didn't see anything to represent a teaser... Mabey Chemo is the teaser.

J!!!

You're such a little kid~
I liked another appearance of the blue beetle he is always my favorite person batman teams up with.

Bat-Fan Beyond

I have to say that I'm still not a big fan of this show. I can appreciate what it's doing, but it just doesn't appeal to me. I keep watching because my 3 year old son enjoys it and because as a Batman fan I feel obligated and try to find some level of entertainment in it.

Having said that, of all the episodes that have aired so far, I think this is one of the three I did like, behind the Christmas episode with Red Tornado and the one with Green Arrow and The Demon.

The next ep with Aquaman and The Atom looks like a cool homage to Fantastic Voyage.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Meh, this episode was okay. The plot wasn't very interesting, though, and the villain was just a scientist.

The robots make up for it, though.;)

TheFlash4444

"Babe you rock."
Great episode! Blue Beetle returning, the history first Blue Beetle, Dr. Polaris, and The Scientist were all great! :D

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
So, it looks I was wrong about Ted Kord being the villain, but instead his uncle Jarvis, who looks and sounds like him. I have never been more glad to be wrong. This was a rather clever twist, and it did allow for an excellent death scene for Ted.

There's no specific teaser for this episode, instead with consisting of the main story with Blue Beetle Jaime Reyes trying to find out about his legacy, with flashbacks showing Batman working with Blue Beetle Ted Kord. Ted was very entertaining in this episode. Like all heroes before him in the show, he had a special relationship with Batman. This one was the "gadget geek" one. It was well done.

The main story was also interesting. I loved the way they were leading us to believe Ted was the real villain, only to find out his uncle was impersonating him. Doctor Polaris had a really cool design, and I hope we see him again. The nods to Blue Beetle history were also cool and informative.

All in all, another excellent episode.

5/5

NEXT WEEK: In this week's teaser, Batman, together with rival heroes Plastic Man and Elongated Man, fights the mad mobster known as Baby Face. Then, a fight with the Brain and Chemo leaves Batman poisoned. Now, the Atom and Aquaman must resolve their differences and team up to shrink down and cure Batman of this disease.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The main story was also interesting. I loved the way they were leading us to believe Ted was the real villain, only to find out his uncle was impersonating him. Doctor Polaris had a really cool design, and I hope we see him again. The nods to Blue Beetle history were also cool and informative.

This is a definite favorite of mine along with Terror on Dinosaur Island. I'm not sure what is it with flashbacks on islands episodes. I watch too much Lost.

Were those orange villains, when Batman called Blue Beetle on route to Science Island, supposed to be anyone in particular? Reminded me of Skorpio but in orange.

Sabregroove

Brave and the Bold's Doctor Polaris is way cooler-looking than JLU's. This is the first character design for this series that I feel really just blows away any previous version we've seen. Very slick!

Now all I need is a wicked boss redesign of Black Canary. Make it happen, B&TB!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The 1st day of this year's Advent is here. I wish everyone here the best of their events during the Xmas season (including Xmas and New Year's Eve/Day).
If any Sonic media deserves an animated series based on it, I'd say Post-SGW Archie Comics is prime choice.
Streaker Prower wrote on Vuxovich's profile.
Hey @Vuxovich, Here is what the Five Anime Distributors would be for the Big 5 Media Conglomerates

Sentai Filmworks would be owned by Disney
NBCUniversal Entertainment Japan would still be owned by Comcast
Funimation would still be owned by Sony
CBSParamount Entertainment Japan would be owned by ViacomCBS
Viz Media would be owned by WarnerMedia
Streaker Prower wrote on Vuxovich's profile.
Hey Vuxovich, could you imagine if One Piece was dubbed by FUNimation Entertainment from the beginning. Could you also imagine if ViacomCBS competed with Funimation, Sentai Filmworks, Viz Media and Geneon Entertainment.
So for years, I have said omnikron instead of omikron/omicron.

Featured Posts